IGNORED

The Origin and Practices of Christmas: Christian or Pagan ?

lifeandliberty

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If God can take pagan people and change them in such a way that they glorify Him...I'm sure it is no trouble for Him to take a pagan holiday that used to be an excuse for drunken revelries and turn it upside down.

Think about it...December 25th used to mean a celebration in excess...

Now December 25th calls us to remember the birth of the Savior.

Regardless of the origins, it is up to us to make it all that it can be....and to glorify God through it.

Edited by mikehev

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Only the Christian could get upset about a holiday that used to be meant for self-serving attitudes turned into a holiday about serving others and celebrating Christ - essentially what God has done with us.

If God cannot make the day Holy and void it of its pagan roots, then He is not God and should not be worshiped.

Guest lovinghim4ever

I agree with much of what you say here. Just yesterday my doctor was saying this kind of thing to me. Christmas is so commercialized that I don't look forward to this season any more.

I don't much look forward to grocery shopping during the christmas shopping season.

Sheya Joie,

I am with you on that one. I know exactly what you mean. :emot-partyblower:

A few years ago I had my little 2 year old niece with me at Wal-Mart during the Christmas season. I let her walk beside me as I held her hand very securely. I was looking at something on a shelf (I really don't remember what I was looking at). All of a sudden this lady comes out of nowhere, barrels over my niece and reaches across my face to grab something off of the shelf I was looking at. My niece was almost knocked down, and I was very upset. The lady didn't even have the decency to say "Excuse me." :39:

People seem to go even nuttier during Christmas time. I saw on the news the other day that there were some people in a store actually playing tug-of-war with some item they both wanted. :39:

How very sad! :)

I really don't like going to the store this time of year. :P