firehill

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I request anyone interested to give thier ideas, opinions and answers to this question but MOST importantly and I cannot stress it enough, I ask that everyone provide biblical scripture to "support" thier ideas, opinions and answers:

Why does humankind sin or why do humans sin?

James 1:13-15

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

It all begins with some type of temptation. We will know that something is wrong in the eyes of God, but there are things that are appealing to the eyes, and if we fail to immediately deal with a temptation and cast it aside, we begin to lust after the forbidden thing. The longer we dwell on it, the harder it becomes to resist. Eventually, all resistance is broken down, and we sin (transgress God's laws)...

The key to victory here is dealing with the temptation immediately. When a sinful desire enters our hearts, we need to heed to what Paul said in 2 Corinthians 10:4,5

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Thank you, Butero, for replying and for the scripture you supplied. And 2 Corinthians 10:4 & 5 are very liberating for those dealing with temptations! :noidea: Humans sin then due to willingly giving into temptation but not because of some inherent sin nature?

Anyone?

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

I see v.13 saying that God cannot tempt, anyone, period. Responses anybody?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes we sin because we are drawn away and tempted, and make a bad decision to succomb to that temptation whatever it may be.

We also have a sinful nature:

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Romans 7:18-25

And it was passed from Adam to us:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 5:12-21

There are verses all through Leviticus (check out Leviticus 4) that speaks of mandates for individual souls, leaders, and the people that sin through ignorance. The reality is that whether sin is done as an act of wilful disobedience to God, or it is done in ignorance, sin is sin:

"All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death." 1 John 5:17

And all sin must be dealt with. God doesn't simply put a bandaide on our sin and tell us everything is OK. He dealt with our sins with a cross. And is alive forever and ever, willing to give eternal life to all that come to Him! Amen and Amen. It is free for us, but it cost Him everything.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

human nature & the fall of man. His ways are not our ways. Man could not keep the law so the law was fulfilled w/ love. Our creator loved his creation enough to show undeserving mercy on dispicable acts by man.

I'm reading another thread, 'Original Sin' in Doctrinal Questions...

DadErnie:Only when the child/adult is born again and receives the Holy Spirit, (which Adam was/did not), there is no power in the flesh to overcome temptation.

I brought this statement over from there and I'm still presently reading the thread and I just had to post it here because I found it so profound.

My comment is this. NO wonder Adam sinned. :o

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

We are sinners by nature and choice.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

1Cr 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].