IGNORED

Creation

Believers Battlecry

6 Days  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How long did it take God to create the World?

• 6 literal 24 hour days
    • 6,000 years
    • 6 million years
    • I believe in evolution/big bang theories
    • I don't know who created the world

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Answers in Genesis really isn't a reliable site.

Likewise, I can point you to thousands of people who speak Hebrew who will tell you that Genesis 1 shouldn't be taken ultra literally.

"Answers in Genesis really isn't a reliable site." Please back this up with some evidence. Thank you.

None of them are legitimate scientists. :emot-hug:

Is this just your opinion? Please back this up with some evidence. Thank you.

Go look at their site. Ken Ham is their main guy. The guy has a bachelor's degree in applied science, with an emphasis on environmental science. The two doctorates he holds are both honorary, and non-scientific.

Compare this to proponents of the ID movement who almost all hold doctorates in scientific (or scientific related) fields.

Who is the Intelligent Designer, if it is not the God of the Bible?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Answers in Genesis really isn't a reliable site.

Likewise, I can point you to thousands of people who speak Hebrew who will tell you that Genesis 1 shouldn't be taken ultra literally.

"Answers in Genesis really isn't a reliable site." Please back this up with some evidence. Thank you.

None of them are legitimate scientists. :emot-hug:

Is this just your opinion? Please back this up with some evidence. Thank you.

Go look at their site. Ken Ham is their main guy. The guy has a bachelor's degree in applied science, with an emphasis on environmental science. The two doctorates he holds are both honorary, and non-scientific.

Compare this to proponents of the ID movement who almost all hold doctorates in scientific (or scientific related) fields.

:wub:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I mean no offense, but this reply reveals you're really not educated enough on this issue to be attempting to take a definitive stance for or against it. I'd highly encourage you to read/study some sources outside of AIG. For instance people like Phil Johnson, Bill Dembski or Michael Behe.

What is amazing is that you have a book that clearly defines what we consider one whole day " morning, evening" and we totally reject that it could remotely be possibly, maybe be 24 hours like what we know now, but we will take a "man-made theory" of one million years, WOW that takes faith. I guess I will stick to the Book that has been around the longest. When you throw out the Genesis account of Creation you undermine the rest of the Bible. Like it or not!

Honestly, I've never understood why some believers use the interpretation of "day" in the creation account as a litmus test for fellow believers. It's like, if you don't believe in 6, 24 hour days then you must not believe any of the bible. This is absurd, and frankly graceless. There are numerous well-educated, believing scholars on both sides of this debate. So obviously, there is enough ambiguity to allow for some grace. Just because someone holds a different interpretation of "day" does not mean they disregard or "undermine" the totality of Scripture. Instead of using this as a reference for judgment, we should appreciate that we at least agree that all things were created by God, and God alone.

Believer's Battlecry, did you agree/disagree with this post or just ignore it? I was just curious because topics like these can tend to get ugly real fast if each side doesn't allow for some grace when it comes to interpretting the word "day".

I apologize I did not see it. To me the Bible is so clear that it was a literal 24 hours. It says Day/Evening. When have you ever heard someone use day and evening to talk about a week, year or 10 years. The Bible has such simple truths if only we will allow it. If Genesis 1:5 stated "And the evening and the morning were the first 1,000 years, do you think anyone in their right mind would deduce that maybe "1, 000 years" really meant one 24 hour day????? God help us! I stand on 2 Timothy 3:16 -All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: and Hebrews 4:12 -For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

What is amazing is that you have a book that clearly defines what we consider one whole day " morning, evening" and we totally reject that it could remotely be possibly, maybe be 24 hours like what we know now, but we will take a "man-made theory" of one million years, WOW that takes faith. I guess I will stick to the Book that has been around the longest. When you throw out the Genesis account of Creation you undermine the rest of the Bible. Like it or not!

Honestly, I've never understood why some believers use the interpretation of "day" in the creation account as a litmus test for fellow believers. It's like, if you don't believe in 6, 24 hour days then you must not believe any of the bible. This is absurd, and frankly graceless. There are numerous well-educated, believing scholars on both sides of this debate. So obviously, there is enough ambiguity to allow for some grace. Just because someone holds a different interpretation of "day" does not mean they disregard or "undermine" the totality of Scripture. Instead of using this as a reference for judgment, we should appreciate that we at least agree that all things were created by God, and God alone.

Believer's Battlecry, did you agree/disagree with this post or just ignore it? I was just curious because topics like these can tend to get ugly real fast if each side doesn't allow for some grace when it comes to interpretting the word "day".

I apologize I did not see it. To me the Bible is so clear that it was a literal 24 hours. It says Day/Evening. When have you ever heard someone use day and evening to talk about a week, year or 10 years. The Bible has such simple truths if only we will allow it. If Genesis 1:5 stated "And the evening and the morning were the first 1,000 years, do you think anyone in their right mind would deduce that maybe "1, 000 years" really meant one 24 hour day????? God help us! I stand on 2 Timothy 3:16 -All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: and Hebrews 4:12 -For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Mate...will Jesus literally have a sword coming out of His mouth...and will He literally look like a lamb?

I mean no offense, but this reply reveals you're really not educated enough on this issue to be attempting to take a definitive stance for or against it. I'd highly encourage you to read/study some sources outside of AIG. For instance people like Phil Johnson, Bill Dembski or Michael Behe.

I agree, I don't know enough about ID, except it is better than evolution, but I believe in a literal Genesis interpretation, you believe in an Intelligent Designer.

I agree, I don't know enough about ID, except it is better than evolution, but I believe in a literal Genesis interpretation, you believe in an Intelligent Designer.

It can be the same thing mate. :emot-hug:

Mate...will Jesus literally have a sword coming out of His mouth...and will He literally look like a lamb?

You will find out on Judgment day. What a clown! :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

You didn't really address what I said. :wub: I stand on the same Scriptures you do, I worship the same God, and believe His Word is inerrant. But you and I hold differing interpretations of one word ...yom. If we agree on the important issues, my question again is...why do you feel the need to question my faith or trust in the entirety of God's Word based on this one difference? Again, there is enough ambiguity in these verses it is nearly impossible (at least at this point) for either side to claim which is right. The very fact that you don't even understand the ID theory shows that you haven't even looked into the evidence to support the theory. So, even though you responded (sorta) to what I said...I'm still left to wonder why you think you're in a position to judge those who hold a differing view? :emot-hug:

You will find out on Judgment day. What a clown! :emot-hug:

You're avoiding it. Will He literally look that way? Or, how about, was the tree in Nebuchadnezzar's dream literally seen around the world?