• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

God has always wanted man to prosper.

Revelation also goes further to say: There will be a new Heaven and Earth. Technically confirming

Everlasting love.

If you will stand with God and believe, your hour does not pass from him.

He will always be with you, and you will always be with him.

He has always wanted man to prosper.

With Godly love, the Lord reveals that there is evil in this world : Satan will tend to confuse many.

It is by that evil, that we are suffering trials and tribulations today. But God's has always loved us;

even when we have sinned. Something Satan knows all to well, and doesn't like one bit. That in

itself is enough to give God the power to overcome evil.

May God Continue to Bless your Lives

Everlasting ;)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

God has always wanted man to prosper.

Revelation also goes further to say: There will be a new Heaven and Earth. Technically confirming

Everlasting love.

If you will stand with God and believe, your hour does not pass from him.

He will always be with you, and you will always be with him.

He has always wanted man to prosper.

With Godly love, the Lord reveals that there is evil in this world : Satan will tend to confuse many.

It is by that evil, that we are suffering trials and tribulations today. But God's has always loved us;

even when we have sinned. Something Satan knows all to well, and doesn't like one bit. That in

itself is enough to give God the power to overcome evil.

May God Continue to Bless your Lives

Everlasting :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109

1 Tim 6:20-21

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain

babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

1 Tim 4:6, 4-8-9

If thou put the brethren in remeberence of these things, thou shalt be a good minister

of Jesus Christ, nourshing up the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou

hast attained.

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having

promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

:wub:

Everlasting127

Moon Over Key Biscayne

booksandmore.4t.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

...Oops. I guess great minds think alike.

:th_praying:

Haha. Where'd he go anyway? Maybe he finally blew a gasket...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  156

Aw well. Sorry for leaving you guys, I got left high and dry by my lab partner last week.

...Yeah he's back. :th_praying:

And Saturn is probably the most intelligent of this group but he has already told me he doesn’t have time for long question/answer posts because he is a moderator on a competing atheist discussion board and his roommate left him “high and dry” last week and he has to take the trash out tomorrow…and…you know how it is…

Actually, the site I mod has nothing to do with atheism, but thanks for the compliment. I think...

Anyways, Dr. Gee might be a little upset with you, Horizon. Take for example, this excerpt from a statement he released to the National Center for Science Education back in 2001.

http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/articles/..._10_15_2001.asp

I am a religious person and I believe in God. I find the militant atheism of some evolutionary biologists ill-reasoned and childish, and most importantly unscientific -- crucially, faith should not be subject to scientific justification. But the converse also holds true -- science should not need to be validated by the narrow dogma of faith. As such, I regard the opinions of the Discovery Institute as regressive, repressive, divisive, sectarian and probably unrepresentative of views held by people of faith generally. In addition, the use by creationists of selective, unauthorized quotations, possibly with intent to mislead the public undermines their position as self-appointed guardians of public values and morals.
Edited by SaturnV

For all the questions Horizoneast asks, he retains very few answers. I think we could carry on this thread with him by simply linking back to our prior posts. That definitely goes for my explanation of my faith. (Which everyone understands but HE.)

Anyway, I am waiting to see if Horizoneast will ever come out of the closest with his particular beliefs regarding the origins of life and complexity. He probably won't, since that would require he defend them. But I guess only time will tell. :whistling:

Horizon, please read the entire link I posted earlier. Gee is obviously upset about selected quotes being disingenuously used to say something he never meant. That's actually the entire reason he wrote that statement.

That it is impossible to trace direct lineages of ancestry and descent from the fossil record should be self-evident. Ancestors must exist, of course -- but we can never attribute ancestry to any particular fossil we might find. Just try this thought experiment -- let's say you find a fossil of a hominid, an ancient member of the human family. You can recognize various attributes that suggest kinship to humanity, but you would never know whether this particular fossil represented your lineal ancestor - even if that were actually the case. The reason is that fossils are never buried with their birth certificates. Again, this is a logical constraint that must apply even if evolution were true -- which is not in doubt, because if we didn't have ancestors, then we wouldn't be here. Neither does this mean that fossils exhibiting transitional structures do not exist, nor that it is impossible to reconstruct what happened in evolution. Unfortunately, many paleontologists believe that ancestor/descendent lineages can be traced from the fossil record, and my book is intended to debunk this view. However, this disagreement is hardly evidence of some great scientific coverup -- religious fundamentalists such as the DI -- who live by dictatorial fiat -- fail to understand that scientific disagreement is a mark of health rather than decay. However, the point of IN SEARCH OF DEEP TIME, ironically, is that old-style, traditional evolutionary biology -- the type that feels it must tell a story, and is therefore more appealing to news reporters and makers of documentaries -- is unscientific.

The "Man being the product of a mindless process" was written in a philosophical work called "The Meaning of Evolution." Simpson was a scientist as his day job, but he was also a philosopher. To an atheist philosopher, that's about the only philosophical meaning that can be ascribed to Evolution. No such quotes appear in any of his scientific works, by the way.

And no, I am not a militant atheist and I agree with everything Gee said except for the believing in God part. My atheism is not a position of faith-it is a position of a lack of faith. I do not believe in anything without specific evidence. We've all posted some for you-most of it being from primary sources, nonetheless. Can you provide anything specific?