• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Everyone regardless of gender are commanded to GO and spread the word.

But Men alone are given the authority to preach IN the church.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Whatever, Giaour. That just is not so. Preaching is not something women are not gifted for! Women receive such unction by the Holy Spirit and speak with such passion and knowledge on some subjects that only they can do! God does not deny congregations the priviledge of hearing the wisdom of a great woman of God. Man does that....

You know, preaching does not mean authority, if that's what you are thinking.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Whatever, Giaour. That just is not so. Preaching is not something women are not gifted for! Women receive such unction by the Holy Spirit and speak with such passion and knowledge on some subjects that only they can do! God does not deny congregations the priviledge of hearing the wisdom of a great woman of God. Man does that....

Noone is stopping women from preaching in the world.

Biblically, though, preachers IN THE CHURCH are to be men.

Noone is saying that women do not have gifts to preach but those gifts must remain within Biblical standards.

If a woman has such great wisdom, she would know that her preaching is to be done outside the realms of the pulpit.

Preach on sister but do it within the guidelines of God's word.

Noone is saying that women do not have gifts to preach but those gifts must remain within Biblical standards.

If a woman has such great wisdom, she would know that her preaching is to be done outside the realms of the pulpit.

Such a misunderstood directive. We are not told not to preach at all. Paul speaks directly to a particular problem with one woman who was leading the church at Ephesus astray, not silencing Godly women. Paul desired only reliable women to be in ministry.

In 2 Timothy 2:2 we read:

And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.

The word used for "people" is "anthropos"---persons...genderless! People are called to preach, but not that particular woman in Ephesus.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Such a misunderstood directive. We are not told not to preach at all. Paul speaks directly to a particular problem with one woman who was leading the church at Ephesus astray, not silencing Godly women. Paul desired only reliable women to be in ministry.

And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.

The word used for "people" is "anthropos"---persons...genderless! People are called to preach, but not that particular woman in Ephesus.

Ya know I've wondered about this myself many times. Paul does only address 'a woman' in the singular and not 'women' or 'men' like he did in the preceeding verses. ofcourse this is overlooked by the literalist. Literaly that is just what Paul is speaking about. Then only after he speaks of Adam and Eve then he uses the plural pronoun 'they' meaning 'husband and wife'. Even in v.15 the Greek is 'she' not 'women'. Cool, Axe. :whistling:

Yeah , the literalists can't deny either that Paul used 'I' instead of 'a command from the Lord'.

Noone is saying that women do not have gifts to preach but those gifts must remain within Biblical standards. If a woman has such great wisdom, she would know that her preaching is to be done outside the realms of the pulpit.

Ya know I've wondered about this myself many times. Paul does only address 'a woman' in the singular and not 'women' or 'men' like he did in the preceeding verses. ofcourse this is overlooked by the literalist. Literaly that is just what Paul is speaking about. Then only after he speaks of Adam and Eve then he uses the plural pronoun 'they' meaning 'husband and wife'. Even in v.15 the Greek is 'she' not 'women'. Cool, Axe. :whistling:

Yes. Paul used plural, then singular, representing one single woman there who was causing problems, then plural again...pretty dramatic switch. Elsewhere Paul instructs the church to silence anyone who teaches false doctrines..then again some who had wandered away from their sincere faith, following deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, and then later again, he instructed them to command certain ones (both men and women) not to teach false doctrines.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/20/1961

Noone is saying that women do not have gifts to preach but those gifts must remain within Biblical standards. If a woman has such great wisdom, she would know that her preaching is to be done outside the realms of the pulpit.

Yes. Paul used plural, then singular, representing one single woman there who was causing problems, then plural again...pretty dramatic switch. Elsewhere Paul instructs the church to silence anyone who teaches false doctrines..then again some who had wandered away from their sincere faith, following deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, and then later again, he instructed them to command certain ones (both men and women) not to teach false doctrines.

Axe I read an informative book on this very matter written by Loren Cunningham, founder of YWAM, and David Hamilton called "Why Not Women?" (after being told I was only a woman and needed to keep silent) You are making one of the points that they also made and it is one of many that say women have been called to preach the Gospel. Chloe, Pheobe, Priscilla, Martha, the Samaritan woman at the well nd Mary Magdalene who recieved her commission directly from Christ ......

I will not argue the fact but if anyone would read this book and then come back and see if your interpretation of Holy scripture has changed.

Peace,

Amanda

Blessings, Amanda! :whistling:

"What About Women?" is the best book I have ever read, and it is the one authority that has taught me the truth and has given me the understanding that I so very much desired! After praying specifically for teaching that would clarify the issue for me once and for all, my husband came home one day with the book, which has solidified the whole issue, praise God!

It is truly a much-needed and anointed work!

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

That's a bit misleading, fa. The word "anthropos" is used many times in the New Testament to mean both "persons" AND "men"(as in male humans). So that word alone doesn't prove a thing. :whistling: