IGNORED

What constitutes spiritual warfare?

Guest shilou

Guest Blessed One

The term "warfare" indicates that there is a continual battle being fought with no determinate winner.

That's not what it indicates at all.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Blessed one, I believe you missed the point of my post.  The definition you gave of warfare supports my supposition that warfare indicates no determinate winner.  The point of my reply here was that in Christ we are already victorious.  And even though the battles wage on, the war is already won--a point which we both agree on.  ::cool2::

Guest shilou

It definitely takes the fear out of doing the battle when we already know we're going to be victorious doesn't it? And of course as with all things we need to acknowledge we even have an enemy before we can do battle. Now that we know we can explain it to others. Onward Christian soldiers.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

Guest kingsheir

I want to expound on some things concerning this topic. I know it will be lengthy, so please bear with me. I will try to shorten it to some degree. The Word I don't post can be looked up, and read for yourself. :cool2:

The term "warfare" is used all throughout God's Word. It really doesn't matter if we like the term/word or not. God still uses this to typify the life of of Christian/Soldier for Christ/His remnant.

I totally understand that the battle is the Lord's and the victory is ours. I totally understand that we are seated in High Places with Christ. I understand we have received salvation if we have called upon His Name. I understand we are the Righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. I understand God's Word concerning what Jesus has already done for us. This is the Word of Faith for sure. This is what I stand on, Jesus.

I understand the term "warfare" could almost indicate no determination of the Victor! Though, when you look at it closely through God's Word and rightly divide It, you will see you can't have one without the other.

Taking a close look and studying what God's Word says: :cool2:

"And it came to pass in those days, that the Philistines gathered their armies together for warfare, to fight with Israel. And Achish said unto David, Know thou assuredly, that thou shalt go out with me to battle, thou and thy men."

1 Samuel 28:1

Isa 40:2

Strong's Concordance:6635

Warfare - to engage in battle, fight, wage war - OT Hebrew

"Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?"

1 Corinthians 9:7

Strong's - 4754

warfare - serving as a soldier

Romans 7:23, 2 Corinthians 10:3, and Ephesians 612

All typify the Saints warring against the enemies of their salvation

"(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)"

2 Corinthians 10:4

"This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;"

1 Timothy 1:18

Strong's - 4752

warfare - military service, to contend with carnal inclinations

2 Timothy 2 - Vine's

Typifies a Soldier in service, conflict, metaphorically one who endures hardship in the cause of Christ, spiritual conflict

"And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them"

Revelation 11:7

Revelation 11:7, Revelation 13:4,7, Rev 12:1

All Spiritual Warfare

"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."

1 Timothy 6:12

Fight - contest, conflict, race

Then we read other Scriptures that validate these and gives us Hope. Yet, they do not discount the warfare the Christian will be involved in while walking with God.

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here's another way to look at it.  In God's eyes, the land of Canaan belonged to the Israelites.  It was theirs!  But they still had to go in and possess the land through physical force.  The Lord gave them victory in all they did (with the exception of where there was sin in the camp or were deceived into making a deal with an enemy without having sought the Lord on it or when they decided to quit before all the land was taken - lessons to learn here).

So, yes, the victory is ours.  No, wait - THE VICTORY IS THE LORD'S!  He's already won it, but He still calls us to go forth and possess the land.  We are His hands and feet here on Earth, we are His ambassaders.  We are called to advance God's Kingdom.  So, don your spiritual armor (Eph. 6) and go into battle!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Kingsheir, I am sorry to be obtuse, but what was your point?

That there is a battle for our souls going on every day? We know this, but our souls are safe in the arms of Jesus!

Our job is to help those still being fought over; the lost, and get them safely to Christ with us! :cool2: