• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Are any of us qualified to know what God's will on the war in Iraq is?

John 16

13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

If we don't know what the Holy Spirit has to say, chances are the problem is we aren't making the time and effort to hear from him.

Well, what has the Holy Spirit told you about the Iraq war?

Not to fear, but to trust Him.

OK...moving on

Short answer: no, of course not. There are two warring sects that hate each other. We can't hope to stop that.

BUT, by pulling out AMERICA will be safer. Our soldiers will stop dying, and we will also stop fueling anti-American sentiment, as our presence has been doing. CIA reports show that the US activity in Iraq has actually made terrorism MORE of a threat. The obvious suggestion of the reports is that we leave. (In a sensible, organized manner.)

There are more than just 2 factions warring there, as I'm sure you would agree.

But you at least admit that they aren't going to stop fighting if we surrender Iraq to them and leave them alone...you just are under the impression that they would leave us alone?

911 didn't happen in a void. There are islamo-fascist organizations who wake up every day with nothing on their minds except killing jews and christians. They plot the overthrow of all nations who don't subscribe to their Wahhabist beliefs.

Shall we let them take Iraq? What next? Saudi Arabia? How many nations are enough? They've almost got complete control of Africa and the Middle East and all of the southern parts of the former Soviet Union. They aren't satisfied yet though...

We are in a war of containment. Yes, of course there is more "terrorist activity" because we've given them a closer target where they can come out to play. Do you think they weren't there all along?

Are you really so naive that you think they will leave us alone if we give them EVERYTHING they want? Why hasn't that appeasement worked in Israel....or in all of world history?

wake up, man...

WHO is the enemy to you? It seems like you have a mixed vision of who we are fighting.

Is the enemy to you the Iraqi insurgents? Is the enemy to you terrorists? Is the enemy to you muslims in general? Is the enemy to you arab-speaking people? Is the enemy to you the entire middle-east? Who? There are differences between all these people, it doesn't do to clump everything together.

I did answer your question. It's more complicated than "one group" but they have one thing in common. They want to kill the jews. This is a satanic influence which is united under an Islamo-fascist banner.

Hatred of jews is the foundation of all bigotry. You won't find a bigot that hates any race yet doesn't hate the jews.

Their father is the devil and their most useful tool is the lie.

But as a followup question that I hope you'll answer, (as well as my previous question that was never answered);

Do you really think that terrorists will be peaceful citizens of the world if we secure Iraq completely? If you honestly feel that way, why?

No....we'll be fighting this war for at least a generation.

Or we'll lose....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I did answer your question. It's more complicated than "one group" but they have one thing in common. They want to kill the jews. This is a satanic influence which is united under an Islamo-fascist banner.

Hatred of jews is the foundation of all bigotry. You won't find a bigot that hates any race yet doesn't hate the jews.

WHO wants to kill the Jews???? WHO's father is the devil??? Who's most useful tool is the lie??????

WHO WHO WHO?

You are slinking around the question, but you AREN'T answering. WHO is united under an Islamo-fascist banner, whatever that means????

Guest shiloh357
. When we pull out, we aren't surrendering Iraq to terrorists, we are giving it back to the Iraqi people.

Just because we pull out troops doesn't mean we are surrendering to terrorism, this is where things are becomming convoluted and being wrapped up in the fight against terrorism.

That may be, that is not how the terrorists will interpret it. The problem is that no one is willing to look at this issue from the terrorists' perspective. They in a war, as they see it, and they are in it until they win. Anything we do that they feel can be interpreted as a retreat on our part will be exploited, and they will run that for all its worth. They will get as much mileage as they can. We tend to forget about the silent majority in the Arab world who are rooting for the terrorists to win.

Once we leave it will be trumpeted as a victory for Islam. Couple that with the fact that Islam does not separate relgion and government and it will be seen as vindicating Islam as the "superior" relgion and the superiority of Allah over the God of the Christians and Jews. It will only affirm to them the rightness of Islam's agenda to make the world Islam.

WHO wants to kill the Jews???? WHO's father is the devil??? Who's most useful tool is the lie??????

WHO WHO WHO?

You are slinking around the question, but you AREN'T answering. WHO is united under an Islamo-fascist banner, whatever that means????

Islamo-fascists

who else?

WHO WHO WHO?

Islamo-fascists

who else?

Who is an Islamo-fascist? I honestly don't know if you mean terrorists, or muslims in general, or what. Could you define that word please?

. When we pull out, we aren't surrendering Iraq to terrorists, we are giving it back to the Iraqi people.

Just because we pull out troops doesn't mean we are surrendering to terrorism, this is where things are becomming convoluted and being wrapped up in the fight against terrorism.

That may be, that is not how the terrorists will interpret it. The problem is that no one is willing to look at this issue from the terrorists' perspective. They in a war, as they see it, and they are in it until they win. Anything we do that they feel can be interpreted as a retreat on our part will be exploited, and they will run that for all its worth. They will get as much mileage as they can. We tend to forget about the silent majority in the Arab world who are rooting for the terrorists to win.

Once we leave it will be trumpeted as a victory for Islam. Couple that with the fact that Islam does not separate relgion and government and it will be seen as vindicating Islam as the "superior" relgion and the superiority of Allah over the God of the Christians and Jews. It will only affirm to them the rightness of Islam's agenda to make the world Islam.

We should never determine foreign policy based upon how we *think* terrorists will interpret our decisions. Our decisions are our own. Would you rather we just remain in Iraq indefinitly even when it is a secure place to live? We have to give it back to the Iraqi people eventually, it doesn't matter what terrorists think about our reasons.

We should never determine foreign policy based upon how we *think* terrorists will interpret our decisions. Our decisions are our own. Would you rather we just remain in Iraq indefinitly even when it is a secure place to live? We have to give it back to the Iraqi people eventually, it doesn't matter what terrorists think about our reasons.

And THAT has always been the goal of the war!?!

But setting a hard time limit on ourselves without regard to WINNING the war is a recipe for disaster. Again...do you know the meaning of the word "hudna"?

If we set a date...the enemies of the people of Iraq know they can just wait for that date. Like Pol Pot did when he annihilated a million people in the wake of our pulling out of Vietnam.

Are you only pretending to care about Iraqis?

I answered your last question by editing my response but here is the gist of it:

Anyone who wants to kill the jews and wipe out Israel is terrorist/murderer.

Anyone who wants to impose sharia law is an islamo-fascist

And THAT has always been the goal of the war!?!

But setting a hard time limit on ourselves without regard to WINNING the war is a recipe for disaster. Again...do you know the meaning of the word "hudna"?

We've already "won" the war in Iraq. We are now maintaining the peace. How do you propose we "win" this war exactly, kill every last person that opposes the regieme we set up? Because that will never, ever happen. Rather, we need to keep Iraq secure until it can keep itself secure. And we need to start developing some sort of rough timeline with which to make that happen. We can't just sit on the country and expect things to get better, because things won't.

I answered your last question by editing my response but here is the gist of it:

Anyone who wants to kill the jews and wipe out Israel is terrorist/murderer.

Anyone who wants to impose sharia law is an islamo-fascist

I think that your definition of terrorist/murderer is a bit off, because that would mean that The Nazi party was terrorist, when it wasn't. Terrorists are essentially non-state governed organizations that use guerilla tactics and civilian targets to inspire fear in a populace. Aka "terror"ists.

And Iraq was a secularly governed country, aka by your definition it wasn't islamo-fascist. So what the heck were we doing in there in the first place! :emot-highfive: