• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

ok, so silentprayer, are we in agreement that the LENGTH of the sentence was extreme in our opinions, but that the girl committed a CRIME deserving of incarceration for a lesser time?

I said that, in my post #21.

can we also agree that using the term "jail" conjures up images in most people's minds that the girl was locked up with adults rather than in a "jail for youth offenders" otherwise known as juvie hall? that is my objection to the term jail. yes, i realize that juvie is a "jail", but it is not the same "jail" as what is commonly associated with a regular jail. people are jumping to the incorrect conclusion that she is locked up with adult offenders.

I know you think I'm just being hard to get alone with, but I'm not, Juvie is jail, I know..........I had a child there, the absolute only difference is what I said earlier the age of the inmates. Nobody has jumped to that conclusion, where did anybody say that???? I have made sure I used the word juvie during this whole discussion.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

ok, so silentprayer, are we in agreement that the LENGTH of the sentence was extreme in our opinions, but that the girl committed a CRIME deserving of incarceration for a lesser time?

I said that, in my post #21.

can we also agree that using the term "jail" conjures up images in most people's minds that the girl was locked up with adults rather than in a "jail for youth offenders" otherwise known as juvie hall? that is my objection to the term jail. yes, i realize that juvie is a "jail", but it is not the same "jail" as what is commonly associated with a regular jail. people are jumping to the incorrect conclusion that she is locked up with adult offenders.

I know you think I'm just being hard to get alone with, but I'm not, Juvie is jail, I know..........I had a child there, the absolute only difference is what I said earlier the age of the inmates. Nobody has jumped to that conclusion, where did anybody say that???? I have made sure I used the word juvie during this whole discussion.

the fact that some have in this thread have even been upset that she went to "prison" indicates that there are those who don't grasp that she's locked up with juveniles as opposed to adults.

:24:

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (Genesis 1:27)

The only race I see is the human race!

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)

A race of stone cold sinners!

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

A race justly under a Capital Death Sentence!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

A race so loved that God stood in it's place and died so it's members might live!

Wow! Now isn't that just the greatest injustice or what!

Thank You Father

Thank You Jesus

Thank You Holy Ghost!

The news should read.....

"Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." (Psalms 106:1)

Hallelujah!

Pray for this town as the flames of hatred are fanned to make profit for the I could Care Less crowd.

Race only counts if you believe in that old rock into slime into tree into man fable!

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." (Psalms 139:14)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I have experience here, so I'll chime in. Juvenile is "hell" compared to adult facilities. Juveniles who are transferred to adult facilities are worried at first (because of common misconceptions)...but you would be hard pressed to find any who would pick juvie over adult detention.

Juvenile Detention is VERY structured, with little or no freedom, outside of school and recess periods. Also, Juvenile detention is VASTLY more violent than adult detention. Institutionalized adult convicts are MUCH easier to deal with and reason with...juveniles are violent and unpredictable with more riots and fighting on average than adult detention. It is a very dangerous job, with specialty training involved most of the time. Juvy is no picnic.

I have experience here, so I'll chime in. Juvenile is "hell" compared to adult facilities. Juveniles who are transferred to adult facilities are worried at first (because of common misconceptions)...but you would be hard pressed to find any who would pick juvie over adult detention.

Juvenile Detention is VERY structured, with little or no freedom, outside of school and recess periods. Also, Juvenile detention is VASTLY more violent than adult detention. Institutionalized adult convicts are MUCH easier to deal with and reason with...juveniles are violent and unpredictable with more riots and fighting on average than adult detention. It is a very dangerous job, with specialty training involved most of the time. Juvy is no picnic.

Yes I know, and you are absolutely right, I feel sorry for any child sent to juvie. If they didn't go in bad they will almost certainly come out that way.

Guest LadyC

juvie halls in texas (at least in the 80s) must have been a picnic in comparison. i never went, my kids never went, but i did hang around with a few hoodlums in my day who spent time in juvie. it was considered a joke rather than a punishment.

:24:

Okay Joe, :)