Riley322

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

A spiritual language is something I've prayed for in the past but never experienced. Anyone care to describe what it was like when you first spoke in tongues?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I always speak to, or pray to and praise my Heavenly Father mainly in English, French or a bit of Arabic. He answers on every occasion. All Bible languages are KNOWN, NATIONAl, UNDERSTOOD & EARTHLY dialects. Even agenels, when they spoke in Bible visits, spoke in the specific EARTH language of the hearer. "Call upon Me," saith the Lord, "and I will answer."

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

A spiritual language is something I've prayed for in the past but never experienced. Anyone care to describe what it was like when you first spoke in tongues?

Riley, why do you want such a gift?

The Bible says that there are more valuable gifts to have.

1 Corinth 12 vs

28. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Tongues arent for believers in the Church to hear and come to believe, it was established so that the unbelievers would hear God's word in their own language and become believers.

22. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I always speak to, or pray to and praise my Heavenly Father mainly in English, French or a bit of Arabic. He answers on every occasion. All Bible languages are KNOWN, NATIONAl, UNDERSTOOD & EARTHLY dialects. Even agenels, when they spoke in Bible visits, spoke in the specific EARTH language of the hearer. "Call upon Me," saith the Lord, "and I will answer." Nowhere are we commanded to pray to or praise Him publicly or privately in any specifically NAMED "heavenly gibberish."

Praying in tounges is the language of the holy Spirit, when we pray in tounges we are praying the most pure form of prayer, because this is our spirit coming into line with the good, pleasing and perfect will of God, and the is the Spirit praying throught us.

Without tounges you are living spiritual blind, and lack the access to the true power of Gods kingdom. Yes, if at all possible, get speaking in tounges.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

so far no one has answered the question so i will .

for me it was tough, because for one thing i though it was like being taken over. Its not. you have to breath and you have to allow your mouth to move.,

This requires you to start it in a sence. I say it this way because it has to be at the begining . after you have done it you no longer have to do this because it just burst out of you naturally,

naturally you do not understand the significance or even what you are saying but after you do it awhile a you definatly feel the difference,

You see this is the perfect prayer for you because it comes from the Holy Spirit and he knows the perfect prayer for you. Though you dont understand god does and you will be edified.

Now when ever i am moved in the spirit i just start praying in the spirit or singing in the spirit and it is awesome .. do i understand it ? sometimes i do . kinda like in my minds eyes , this requires a little faith on your part. But if your heart is for Jesus i think you will grow.

Proabably leaving out a bunch but thats a start. I am still growing myself.

You see this is the perfect prayer for you because it comes from the Holy Spirit and he knows the perfect prayer for you. Though you dont understand god does and you will be edified.

The purpose of tongues was not to edify oneself but to spread the gospel to unbelievers.

1 Cor 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Paul could speak in different languages as he spread the gospel in various countries. In 1 Corinthians he is telling believers that there is no need to be speaking tongues around them because it is of no use unless he is doing so for certain reasons...all of which knowledge, prophesy and doctrine are involved with spreading the gospel message.

1 Corinthians 14

6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?

8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

Not the same thing you are talking about something else.

The purpose of tongues was not to edify oneself but to spread the gospel to unbelievers.

1 Cor 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Paul could speak in different languages as he spread the gospel in various countries. In 1 Corinthians he is telling believers that there is no need to be speaking tongues around them because it is of no use unless he is doing so for certain reasons...all of which knowledge, prophesy and doctrine are involved with spreading the gospel message.

1 Corinthians 14

6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?

8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

I am talking about biblical tongues. What type are you speaking of?

I am talking about biblical tongues aswell but not the same as you . I am talking prayer language. it sounds simular to tongues but it is through prayer singing and growns that are utttered,

1 Corinthians 14

I am talking about biblical tongues aswell but not the same as you . I am talking prayer language. it sounds simular to tongues but it is through prayer singing and growns that are utttered,

Can you please tell me where it says in scripture that there are tongues which are a prayer language.

I believe that the groanings you are speaking of are from this verse..

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

It says that it is the spirit which is making groanings of intercession...not us.

The verse also says that these groanings cannot be uttered.

Well how are you going to utter a goan? Do you utter anythign if you groan? No anything that people can understand. but it does make a noise and a feeling.

look for singing in the spirit for the other part.

1 Corinthians 14

Can you please tell me where it says in scripture that there are tongues which are a prayer language.

I believe that the groanings you are speaking of are from this verse..

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

It says that it is the spirit which is making groanings of intercession...not us.

The verse also says that these groanings cannot be uttered.

Well how are you going to utter a goan? Do you utter anythign if you groan? No anything that people can understand. but it does make a noise and a feeling.

look for singing in the spirit for the other part.

I'm sorry...... what do you mean by look for singing in the spirit for the other part?

Well sometimes i sing in the spirit just worshiping God and praying in tongues and then it moves into singing in the spirit. I cant tell you were it is and i am very tired right now but it is awesome .......

Just put on some worship music and pray and let yourself worship without hinderances its great! I have had some listenw hen i am doing this and they always say it is most beautiful.

I really dont plan or think you can be convinced but if you have faith and you seek the lord and let yourself go in him you will be amazed and what you will find.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/27/1989

My father has the speech of tongues. He went to Colorado Springs on a business trip one year and attended a local church there and broke out in tongues. He said it was a really powerful and emotional experience. We went to a local church here about 2 years ago and someone with the gift of prophecy said that I would one day acquire the speech of tongues. Actually, he said my brother and I would both acquire it. That was actually the day I got saved that he said that. Made me feel good about my faith journey. :24:

He's spoke in it once and it's quite weird, but cool too. :24: