IGNORED

looking for help.

Guest simile6743

Guest ScooterDerr
Hello, this is my first post. Im currently going through some hard times with my life and just need some things off my chest. first off, im new to christianity and think it has helped to balance my life. im an ex addict (clean for 18 months) and i did it with the help of jesus. Now im at a very troubling time. My wife has broken our vows and become unfaithful. i lost my job recently and have parking tickets I cannot afford to repay because i have extensive loans out to support my family and raise them properly. im angry and stressed out all the time because of these and many more things that have gone wrong. i realy need something to raise my spirits after my accident left me unable to stand for extended periods of time. most of all i need someone to talk to because i left all my friends behind with my old destructive life.

Hello, Simile:

I'm new to this site and just want to let you know that my prayers will be sent up to Him for you. I can relate to some of the things you are carrying and can tell you with absolute certainty that talking with Jesus has helped me tremendously. I live in a setting with a very close relative who doesn't even talk to me, let alone speak to me when he comes home from work or arises in the mornings! Can you believe it? Bet you feel that you're all alone, just like I sometimes feel when I let my current situation and circumstances saturate my thoughts. But each time you speak to Jesus and quote His promises given in the Bible, it really Does help to lessen the pressure of what you are going through.

This has not always been easy for me; I actually have found myself with a true testimony. About four years ago, I lost everything; job, home, friends and family, and couldn't believe how quickly people could "forget" about you. You might not believe this, but I now look at my situation as a New Start! I often find myself without even one nickel from day to day, but it is truth that as I began seeking those things that are above, my other needs have been taken care of. (Everyone, please forgive me if I sound like a big old jar of molasses, but this is true!).

Please don't give up; like a lot of us, you probably won't even know when it happens, but your load will lighten when you least expect it and you will smile and enjoy your life again soon. It may not be in the "big things" the world considers important, but you'll find lightness in the small things you may not have noticed in you life before. I know, because it's happened for me--the world's all-time champion of worry and doubt. I send you love as the Father loves and pray that you will really learn to give Him all your burdens. :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Simile,

You have taken the first steps down a long road. It's a great road and it will lead you to wonderful places but at times it has to go through some difficult spots. You have sowed a lot of wild oats in the past. Those wild oats will be reaped. It's just a law of nature. But in the reaping, put your trust in God. Admit your faults, where faults there be and come up higher in God. When you repent and reject things done in the past, God can come into your life more fully. Read Isaiah 57:15. The important word is humble.

Guest praze2him
Hello, this is my first post. Im currently going through some hard times with my life and just need some things off my chest. first off, im new to christianity and think it has helped to balance my life. im an ex addict (clean for 18 months) and i did it with the help of jesus. Now im at a very troubling time. My wife has broken our vows and become unfaithful. i lost my job recently and have parking tickets I cannot afford to repay because i have extensive loans out to support my family and raise them properly. im angry and stressed out all the time because of these and many more things that have gone wrong. i realy need something to raise my spirits after my accident left me unable to stand for extended periods of time. most of all i need someone to talk to because i left all my friends behind with my old destructive life.

Hello smilesmile6743! I am new on this site and I do not know if my first post even went through. I was browising and read your heartfelt letter. My advice to you...don't ever give up!! Keep your eye on the one that delivered you out of that hell you were in! The enemy will do anything to keep you down, and he knows you are new to this and where your weaknesses lie. Do not believe his lies! GOD called you out of that pit for a reason and he wants you!! You and your actions can move mountains when you focus on the Lord!! I know! I am a single mother of two boys 12 and 10. I am originally from Mich. and back in 99, my husband I moved out here to Jersey with a promotion that he received from his job. we were married for ten years. This marriage never worked from the start and I thought that this move would be a good start with a clean slate. Well...you know things just fell apart. He moved back to Mich. in 01 and I have been out here in Jersey, raising two boys alone. I work full time in a hospital in Philadelphia and I just started a part time business. I make very little money for living in one of the most expensive states in the US! I have been saved now for 4 years, and believe me...you really have to work at remaing in the word!! God has really brought me a long way!!! Do not give up!! You can do it. As far as your wife, if she wants to try to work things out, you need to be willing to do that. She first needs to be saved because without it, it will be much more difficult. But if you study scripture and go to your home church where people are willing to reach out to you and focus on Gods love...things will start to come together. Take one thing at a time. The main thing should be focusing on God and opening

\

your heart to him. Your actions will show everyone in your family how God works, and that is the best thing that you can do for your family right now. Focus first and give everything to him! I MEAN EVERYTHING!! Sometimes it is hard to remeber to do that when you are so lost in the weeds. You will find the way out with the Lord. God Bless you and have a wonderful Easter

Allison

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Glad to hear you found Christ.

Continue with your support group.

If you have not yet try to find a local church you can attend that is Bible believing.

Read Romans chapter 7 and 8

Remember now you are not alone and you can not do this alone so ask your support group for some more advice or if your in good church ask them for help or direction.