• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

As we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us, we discover that we are truly gifted to minister. Jesus isn't fooling around. He wants us to reach people for Him, to save them from Hell!

We are the leaders in this world. Get equipped. Gather people around you, disciple them, and teach them what God teaches you! Teach them to reach others too, and gather people around them! That is the model of Church that we need to follow. That is how it started, and that is how we are returning. Even churches in countries where Christianity is suppressed do it like that.

Actually this is not accurate. The first church started by Jesus and continued by the Apostles followed exactly as scripture says. We also know from historical writings that all of the first churches established their leaders in the exact fashion described in scripture. To suggest otherwise would be to say scripture is wrong. It is the model described in scripture that we need to return to. Following the examples given to us by scripture insures that we are following the traditions established by God and not traditions we make up on our own. Can you show me any examples in scripture for establishing the leaders of the church like you have described. The only examples I find are the ones I have posted. so again, unless scripture tells me otherwise I think we should follow its model.

God Bless,

K.D.

God Bless,

Kansas Dad

What isn't accurate? Churches were held in homes. Leaders were raised up from within that manner of meeting together.

That is the working model.

Yes they met in homes because if they had met in the open they would have been killed. Scripture tells us that the leaders were schooled and taught by the Apostles and not until the Apostles presented them as a leader were they then able to school and teach others. What we find today is that these "emerging" leaders decide they don't agree with the appointed leaders from the Apostles and start a splinter church with splinter ideas based from a personal interpretation of the Bible. This goes on for a while until a new emerging leader disagrees and again starts another splinter group with different ideas and interpretations. That is not the model set forth in scripture.

I am seeing many churches now adopting the cell church method. It is excellent. Home churches within a larger body meet throughout the week, led by leaders raised up and approved by the leadership...meeting together in celebration, weekly or twice weekly, as a full body to celebrate before the King of Kings is an excellent way, and not too far from the original. I have never seen a more unified way of "doing church."

Jesus Christ is given all authority as pastor.

I can see how the intimacy of a small home church would be very rich. But, what happens when one of these cell leaders starts to disagree with the leadership and starts his own "larger" church and then starts more cells from this splinter. This really isn't hypothetical, it has happened thousands of times, and that is not an exaggeration. It is this splintering that is not following the Biblical model.

Don't see it much. If it ever happened, the "splinterer" would be left to his own devices. He will eventually fail, as the anointing would not be on him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

As we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us, we discover that we are truly gifted to minister. Jesus isn't fooling around. He wants us to reach people for Him, to save them from Hell!

We are the leaders in this world. Get equipped. Gather people around you, disciple them, and teach them what God teaches you! Teach them to reach others too, and gather people around them! That is the model of Church that we need to follow. That is how it started, and that is how we are returning. Even churches in countries where Christianity is suppressed do it like that.

Actually this is not accurate. The first church started by Jesus and continued by the Apostles followed exactly as scripture says. We also know from historical writings that all of the first churches established their leaders in the exact fashion described in scripture. To suggest otherwise would be to say scripture is wrong. It is the model described in scripture that we need to return to. Following the examples given to us by scripture insures that we are following the traditions established by God and not traditions we make up on our own. Can you show me any examples in scripture for establishing the leaders of the church like you have described. The only examples I find are the ones I have posted. so again, unless scripture tells me otherwise I think we should follow its model.

God Bless,

K.D.

God Bless,

Kansas Dad

What isn't accurate? Churches were held in homes. Leaders were raised up from within that manner of meeting together.

That is the working model.

Yes they met in homes because if they had met in the open they would have been killed. Scripture tells us that the leaders were schooled and taught by the Apostles and not until the Apostles presented them as a leader were they then able to school and teach others. What we find today is that these "emerging" leaders decide they don't agree with the appointed leaders from the Apostles and start a splinter church with splinter ideas based from a personal interpretation of the Bible. This goes on for a while until a new emerging leader disagrees and again starts another splinter group with different ideas and interpretations. That is not the model set forth in scripture.

I am seeing many churches now adopting the cell church method. It is excellent. Home churches within a larger body meet throughout the week, led by leaders raised up and approved by the leadership...meeting together in celebration, weekly or twice weekly, as a full body to celebrate before the King of Kings is an excellent way, and not too far from the original. I have never seen a more unified way of "doing church."

Jesus Christ is given all authority as pastor.

I can see how the intimacy of a small home church would be very rich. But, what happens when one of these cell leaders starts to disagree with the leadership and starts his own "larger" church and then starts more cells from this splinter. This really isn't hypothetical, it has happened thousands of times, and that is not an exaggeration. It is this splintering that is not following the Biblical model.

Don't see it much. If it ever happened, the "splinterer" would be left to his own devices. He will eventually fail, as the anointing would not be on him.

In all actuallity are not almost every church a splinter of splinter?

I suppose, when you consider the denominational spectrum. It is all down to interpretation. Mankind loves to make it hard for himself, eh?

It is all due to the grey stuff between our ears, mostly...and pride.

floatingaxe, do you ever check your pm box?

Yep. 827 messages and counting! :rolleyes:;):24:

clean that thing out! LOL

Awwww! Do I have to? 829 now! I am a sentimental pack rat..electronically speaking, of course! :rolleyes: