apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I do see what you're saying here, amor, but this is extremely different than true Christianity. It's tainted Christianity. I'll put it in the priest's words (out of the article you posted the link to):

"There is no interfaith marriage among Arabs. Catholics here are Christian by faith and Muslim by culture, and in this community it is forbidden for Christians to marry Muslims. It's not good. It's a tribal mentality. I don't accept it, but it is the culture."

This is a Christianity tainted with Muslim culture. Rather than take the entire Bible as written, they have taken parts of it, and tailored it to their own culture.

Hence, the very, very Muslim practice of honor killing taking place in a so-called "Christian" home.

Most Christians take the bits of the Bible they like and reject the rest. Hence the obscenity of "Christian" wars, the Christianity of the British Empire, the evangelical Christianity of the deep South lynch mob and the Jim crow laws, the Christian anti-semitism that paved the way for the Nazis In general of Chritians seeking to brand the other as evil and ignoring the beams in their own eyes

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

amor, what does the writing say in your sig line?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I do see what you're saying here, amor, but this is extremely different than true Christianity. It's tainted Christianity. I'll put it in the priest's words (out of the article you posted the link to):

"There is no interfaith marriage among Arabs. Catholics here are Christian by faith and Muslim by culture, and in this community it is forbidden for Christians to marry Muslims. It's not good. It's a tribal mentality. I don't accept it, but it is the culture."

This is a Christianity tainted with Muslim culture. Rather than take the entire Bible as written, they have taken parts of it, and tailored it to their own culture.

Hence, the very, very Muslim practice of honor killing taking place in a so-called "Christian" home.

Most Christians take the bits of the Bible they like and reject the rest. Hence the obscenity of "Christian" wars, the Christianity of the British Empire, the evangelical Christianity of the deep South lynch mob and the Jim crow laws, the Christian anti-semitism that paved the way for the Nazis In general of Chritians seeking to brand the other as evil and ignoring the beams in their own eyes

And I submit to you that these acts were not, in fact, performed by Christians. Christians don't do these things - it negates the very concept. People who -claim- to be Christians and people who -are- Christians are separate groups.

Matthew 7:21

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

amor, what does the writing say in your sig line?

The first verse of St John's gospel

And I submit to you that these acts were not, in fact, performed by Christians. Christians don't do these things - it negates the very concept. People who -claim- to be Christians and people who -are- Christians are separate groups.

Matthew 7:21

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

My point really

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Yes whole neighborhoods come together and stone women in western civilizations, amor your astounding, and not in a good way.

Right, and the government encourages it. They never prosecute men who beat their wives...never does that occur.

Abdullah Fehti Amor defends Muslims to the point that even CAIR might find him going too far.

And the point still stands. Abdullah Fehti Amor is a Muslim apologist.

Yes whole neighborhoods come together and stone women in western civilizations, amor your astounding, and not in a good way.

Right, and the government encourages it. They never prosecute men who beat their wives...never does that occur.

Abdullah Fehti Amor defends Muslims to the point that even CAIR might find him going too far.

I don't know where the Abdullah Fehti stuff comes from, but instead of dealing out petty insults why not try and deal directly with the arguments I put forward. Do you really think that the societies we live in are really so much better than those you criticise? Don't you believe in being self-critical? As I said before, I believe that we need to deal with and confront with the beams in our own eyes first.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

amor considering your ALWAYS bringing up how bad western society is don't you think you should do the same thing. And YES I do think our society is better than theirs.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I don't know where the Abdullah Fehti stuff comes from, but instead of dealing out petty insults why not try and deal directly with the arguments I put forward. Do you really think that the societies we live in are really so much better than those you criticise? Don't you believe in being self-critical? As I said before, I believe that we need to deal with and confront with the beams in our own eyes first.

It comes from you being a Muslim Apologist.

Abdullah Fehti Amor, my point still stands. YES, our society is better than a Sharia society. If a man beats his wife in this society, he is thrown in jail or prison. Yes, our society is better than a Sharia society. If a community stones a woman for committing a sin, they are all put in prison. Yes, our society is better than a Sharia society.

The thing is, you act like I never dealt with your arguments. Fact is, you ignored my argument and never dealt with it. The fact is, our government will not tolerate such actions whereas a Sharia government will ENCOURAGE such actions.

amor considering your ALWAYS bringing up how bad western society is don't you think you should do the same thing. And YES I do think our society is better than theirs.

I'm a Westerner living in the West, so that is exactly what I'm trying to do. Our societies are better eh, tell that to the dead of Iraq, the victims of domestic violence, the victims of college and drive-by-shootingsthe victims of sectarianism in Northern Ireland (remembering the leaders of the Catholic and Protestant victimisers have just joined together to share the spolis of governmentand that there vicious murderous henchmen have just been released from prison) , the former Yugoslavia, the Basque country, those killed by European Imperialism, the victims of American slavery and the segregation and the lynching that followed it (well into the living mewmory and experience of people posting here), the victims of Stalin Lenin and those who followed them, the victims of the Wesatern cold warriors, the victims of the Fascist regimes of post-war Latin Amjerica, the victims of European fascism and Naziism.

It's bad in the Middle-East, it's bad in Asia and Africa, but it is absurd to say that it isn't and hasn't been bad here where we live, and we have to confront that.