• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

amor, yes there is bad everywhere, but you seem to excuse the bad one group does right "now" because of bad that others do or have done.

(quote)I'm a Westerner living in the West, so that is exactly what I'm trying to do. Our societies are better eh, tell that to the dead of Iraq, the victims of domestic violence, the victims of college and drive-by-shootings the victims of sectarianism in Northern Ireland (remembering the leaders of the Catholic and Protestant victimisers have just joined together to share the spolis of governmentand that there vicious murderous henchmen have just been released from prison) , the former Yugoslavia, the Basque country, those killed by European Imperialism, the victims of American slavery and the segregation and the lynching that followed it (well into the living mewmory and experience of people posting here), the victims of Stalin Lenin and those who followed them, the victims of the Wesatern cold warriors, the victims of the Fascist regimes of post-war Latin Amjerica, the victims of European fascism and Naziism.

It's bad in the Middle-East, it's bad in Asia and Africa, but it is absurd to say that it isn't and hasn't been bad here where we live, and we have to confront that.(quote)

The dead in Iraq..........people die everyday from car accidents and disease. Domestic violence, we arrest people for it, not encourage it. Drive-by-shootings, we also arrest people for that and don't encourage it. Northern Ireland, I'm not from Ireland and I don't have enough information about what you said to comment on it, anything I said would just be a tap dance. The rest however wrong it was and is, is in the past can't be changed. This thread is about something that is happening NOW, and in the West, we don't take women out and whole neighborhoods stone them, we don't treat women and children like animals and we don't preach and encourage murder and chaos. So I still don't get what point your trying to make by using the above as and excuse for stoning a young girl?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Honor killing sounds like an oxymoron. What horror! This must be stopped!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

amor, yes there is bad everywhere, but you seem to excuse the bad one group does right "now" because of bad that others do or have done.

(quote)I'm a Westerner living in the West, so that is exactly what I'm trying to do. Our societies are better eh, tell that to the dead of Iraq, the victims of domestic violence, the victims of college and drive-by-shootings the victims of sectarianism in Northern Ireland (remembering the leaders of the Catholic and Protestant victimisers have just joined together to share the spolis of governmentand that there vicious murderous henchmen have just been released from prison) , the former Yugoslavia, the Basque country, those killed by European Imperialism, the victims of American slavery and the segregation and the lynching that followed it (well into the living mewmory and experience of people posting here), the victims of Stalin Lenin and those who followed them, the victims of the Wesatern cold warriors, the victims of the Fascist regimes of post-war Latin Amjerica, the victims of European fascism and Naziism.

It's bad in the Middle-East, it's bad in Asia and Africa, but it is absurd to say that it isn't and hasn't been bad here where we live, and we have to confront that.(quote)

The dead in Iraq..........people die everyday from car accidents and disease.

What an absurd piece of reality denial Tens of thousands of civillians have died in Iraq since the Anglo-American invasion, and the country has reflected in the above clip descended into sectarian chaos. The mess was predicted by many a prediction ignored by the fools who authorised the invasion. Their variousjustifications, that lives of normal Iraqis would improve, that weapons of mass destruction existed and would be found, most absurdly that Iraq was then, a haven for extremist fundementalst terrorists, something that was untrue then but sadly true now.

Those Christians and others in the West who supported that gung-ho act of cowboy andverturism bear responsibility for the deaths of those thousands. It is absurd to compare that level of carnage to a traffic accident or the depredations of disease. If you support or supported the was you should consider your responsibility for those deaths, not just brush them away. Rather than bask in the moral superiority of castigating the sins of others.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

There you go amor, you got me, I'm a cowboy.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/05/18/...ling/index.html

Apparently four people have been brought into custody for this.

It's good to see a Muslim government delivering justice on this.