• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

The current American lifestyle is not sustainable. I sincerely hope our species will clean up our act before it is too late. I have faith we can.

I am curious as to how you live differently than the rest of us. And, personally, I find referring to those created in the form and likeness of almighty God as a "species" to be highly offensive.

If we're not a species, then what are we? :emot-eek:

We were created after God's image; all other animals "after their own kind." It's a fine point, not linguistic but theological. To me, it merely lowers man to the level of the animals.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

The current American lifestyle is not sustainable. I sincerely hope our species will clean up our act before it is too late. I have faith we can.

I am curious as to how you live differently than the rest of us. And, personally, I find referring to those created in the form and likeness of almighty God as a "species" to be highly offensive.

If we're not a species, then what are we? :emot-eek:

We were created after God's image; all other animals "after their own kind." It's a fine point, not linguistic but theological. To me, it merely lowers man to the level of the animals.

The Bible says that God created everything according to its kind (Genesis 1), i.e., "like begets like". I see no theological problem in understand the human species (in a biological sense) as comprising one Genesis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Well put. Lorax. :24:

Thanks! :P

I am curious as to how you live differently than the rest of us.

"We" included me. Like most Americans I have a huge ecological footprint.

And, personally, I find referring to those created in the form and likeness of almighty God as a "species" to be highly offensive.

Species -- a reproductively isolated population of life forms.

...That offends you? :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/11/1958

good awnser, i agree lorax :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Well put. Lorax. :24:

Thanks! :P

I am curious as to how you live differently than the rest of us.

"We" included me. Like most Americans I have a huge ecological footprint.

And, personally, I find referring to those created in the form and likeness of almighty God as a "species" to be highly offensive.

Species -- a reproductively isolated population of life forms.

...That offends you? :)

Quote Mike: It's a fine point, not linguistic but theological. To me, it merely lowers man to the level of the animals.

As for me, I am proud to be a part of America, the nation leading the way in cleaner technologies and a more efficient use of our natural resources. Unlike many third world countries, which never get trounced for killing the planet, for some reason.

I sincerely hope our species will clean up our act before it is too late.
:24::24::24:

Guess Evolution failed! :24::):P

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Matthew 15:14

The Trouble With This Green Tyrant Want-a-bee Is He Seems To Suffer From A Terminal Case of some Nose-Drip Viral Infection!

It appears to be spreading in classrooms and government chambers world-wide!

Maybe the world just misplaced their Bibles and now has no effective innoculation......

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1 Peter 4:15

No Faith

No Joy

Sad

Trouble In Dodge

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 2:16-17

Snake In The Grass

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:4-5

Sheriff's In Town

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1 John 3:8

What A Difference A Day Makes

The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zephaniah 1:14-16

What's To Worry, All Clean!

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

Love, Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

I sincerely hope our species will clean up our act before it is too late.
:24::24::24:

Guess Evolution failed! :24::):P

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Matthew 15:14

The Trouble With This Green Tyrant Want-a-bee Is He Seems To Suffer From A Terminal Case of some Nose-Drip Viral Infection!

It appears to be spreading in classrooms and government chambers world-wide!

Maybe the world just misplaced their Bibles and now has no effective innoculation......

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1 Peter 4:15

No Faith

No Joy

Sad

Trouble In Dodge

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 2:16-17

Snake In The Grass

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:4-5

Sheriff's In Town

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1 John 3:8

What A Difference A Day Makes

The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zephaniah 1:14-16

What's To Worry, All Clean!

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

Love, Joe

Amen and Amen, I love the way you word things.... direct and to the pointed truth of the whole matter.... :24: You Preach it!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

good awnser, i agree lorax :wub:

:P

Quote Mike: It's a fine point, not linguistic but theological. To me, it merely lowers man to the level of the animals.

I simply used the word "species" for its dictionary definition. The only thing I implied was that humans are (1) life forms which are (2) reproductively isolated. I never said humans were lowly beasts; don't worry.

As for me, I am proud to be a part of America, the nation leading the way in cleaner technologies and a more efficient use of our natural resources.

I am also a proud American. Most of all, I am proud of the principles on which this country was founded. I am less proud of some of our country's modern trends. U.S. education is subpar and our IT prowess is being outsourced. We were at one time a leader in clean technologies, leading the way in ozone policy reform, but that is no longer the case.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

good awnser, i agree lorax :24:

:whistling:

I simply used the word "species" for its dictionary definition. The only thing I implied was that humans are (1) life forms which are (2) reproductively isolated. I never said humans were lowly beasts; don't worry.

As for me, I am proud to be a part of America, the nation leading the way in cleaner technologies and a more efficient use of our natural resources.

I am also a proud American. Most of all, I am proud of the principles on which this country was founded. I am less proud of some of our country's modern trends. U.S. education is subpar and our IT prowess is being outsourced. We were at one time a leader in clean technologies, leading the way in ozone policy reform, but that is no longer the case.

I agree about the US education system at the elementary level, although the world is still coming to American universities, but I am curious, if we are not leading the world in clean technologies, who is?? The EU? Great Britain? Australia?? Canada?? To whom are you referring? I mean, like I said, people are coming HERE, we are not going THERE.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Well, truth to tell, lest there be any confusion on this vital matter, Adam, our first parent, was a special creation of God. Not an animal, not a vegetable, not a mineral - but a special creation made in the image & likeness of his Creator. Or have you ever seen a cow, horse or an orangatang in holy worship & singing praises to the Lord of the universe?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com