• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1988

Ok, this might be a bit of a strange question and I feel it out of place with the other questions and posts on this forum.

I moved to Dubai several months ago and left behind a couple of incredible friends. I still stay in contact with them and I talk to one of my best friends almost every single day.

I've always had feelings for her but never acted on them or told her about them. I'm also completely oblivious to hints, in hindsight I see she threw quite a few of them. She basically confirmed my suspicions (excuse the spelling) in a recent chat session and I've no idea what to do about it.

The second I talk to her about it and tell her how I feel about her, our relationship will change. I know that long-distance relationships do NOT work out (my parents have proven that to me). I'm returning to South Africa in December (hopefully), and will hopefully see her again.

Any inputs would be appreciated. It's always good to have someone 'outside' look at a situation objectively.

Thanks,

David

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

try being honest ...tell her how you feel and that you would like to keep in touch and possibly learn more about each other as FRIENDS whilst you are so far away. If God has determined that you are to be together then you will be but above all do not rush into things at this point as you will also be feeling homesick/nostalgic and that could be colouring your feelings and memories :o

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/12/1988

try being honest ...tell her how you feel and that you would like to keep in touch and possibly learn more about each other as FRIENDS whilst you are so far away. If God has determined that you are to be together then you will be but above all do not rush into things at this point as you will also be feeling homesick/nostalgic and that could be colouring your feelings and memories :o

mmhhh... ok.

Wouldn't telling her about how I feel be rushing into something? I am feeling somewhat homesick and not sure if that is affecting anything.

I'll have a long talk with her tonight...

Long distance can tend to give courage. Before diving right in, think carefully, prayerfully because you are right- If she is not on the same page as you, it will change everything.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

The best relationships and marriages are almost always founded on friendship first, however you need to think carefully if you do want to change your friendship into a relationship as if it doesn

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

It is hard to live so far away and yes long distance relationships are not good ideas. Tell her your thoughts. But know to have a deep relationship it pays to live close instead of long distance because long puts a strain on it.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

sorry seeker I meant tell her the truth that you feel there MAY be something to work on and see if she feels the same way ..hence the need to find out more AS FRIENDS .... :thumbsup: see with long distance it s sooooo easy to misunderstand what is being said :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Tell her exactly how you feel: that you have feelings for her, but that you're worried about the long-distance thing and everything. My husband and I were best friends first. I moved to the same town as him, then we got together, then I had to move away again for school and we did the long distance thing for a while. I don't reccommend long distance relationships to everyone, and their success really depends on the individuals involved: there's no hard and fast rule that they work or that they don't. You need to talk it over with her, pray, and see whether or not it would work for the two of you. It worked for us. For some people it doesn't. Pray, talk, be honest with eachother.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1992

Ok, this might be a bit of a strange question and I feel it out of place with the other questions and posts on this forum.

I moved to Dubai several months ago and left behind a couple of incredible friends. I still stay in contact with them and I talk to one of my best friends almost every single day.

I've always had feelings for her but never acted on them or told her about them. I'm also completely oblivious to hints, in hindsight I see she threw quite a few of them. She basically confirmed my suspicions (excuse the spelling) in a recent chat session and I've no idea what to do about it.

The second I talk to her about it and tell her how I feel about her, our relationship will change. I know that long-distance relationships do NOT work out (my parents have proven that to me). I'm returning to South Africa in December (hopefully), and will hopefully see her again.

Any inputs would be appreciated. It's always good to have someone 'outside' look at a situation objectively.

Thanks,

David

well if you're returning, then just wait till you see her. like, tell her how you feel now, but if y'all are already far apart, there's no point in y'all starting a relationship. wait till you see her again. then start one if that's what you both want.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Who says they don't work? Couples who are separated physically often have extremely good communication skills (if they work at it). Use that to your advantage. Be open, share what's really on your heart and mind. It's a risk worth taking.