undone

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Note, how many times you say "unfair". Freudian slip?

Now, my points 1 and 3 do not contradict.

The fact you subscribe to teachings does not means you learn from them.

Thus, while teachings of Jesus might not promote xenophoby, hostility and bigotry, a lot of FOLLOWERS interprets them in such way.

___

Both KKK and Westboro Baptists said that they act "by the edict of God". Since practically all Christians say that God guides them, and some of them perform pretty unpleasant things by this "quidance", I would like some additional proof, that this particular christian does not interprets Jesus`s guidance as "I must hate you, because you are black/gay/jew/atheist/catholic/<put your own version>".

Getting scalded by hot water, you`ll blow on hot milk next time too, you know?

___

My statement stands. I`ve yet not encountered an amiable socium of Christians. When I will encounter one, I will change this assessment. So far, it stands.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Note, how many times you say "unfair". Freudian slip?
It is not a Freudian slip. The truth is that if your approach were applied to any other demographic, it would be discarded. Your approach is reckless, irresponsible, immature, subjective, and wholly without any shred of objective, intellectual value.

Now, my points 1 and 3 do not contradict.

The fact you subscribe to teachings does not means you learn from them.

Yes, they are a contradiction. You claim that all Christians (based upon your limited, unqualifed experience) are bigots, xenophobs, and are hostile. You also say that "Christians" are those who subscribe to the teachings of Jesus. Yet, Jesus did not teach xenophobia, Jesus did not teach hostility and did not teach bigotry So... it falls to you to demonstrate how you can offer two radically different and mutually exclusive, utterly contradictory assertions of what represents Christianity, neither of which can logically or pragmatically co-exist and also claim that they both accurately reflect the Christian faith. To any rational person, they cannot both be true. Either Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus, or it is not. You are going to have pick a position and stick with it.

Both KKK and Westboro Baptists said that they act "by the edict of God". Since practically all Christians say that God guides them, and some of them perform pretty unpleasant things by this "quidance", I would like some additional proof, that this particular christian does not interprets Jesus`s guidance as "I must hate you, because you are black/gay/jew/atheist/catholic/<put your own version>".
The proof is in the teaching of Christ. If Christ did not teach hatred and bigotry, if you cannot find anything from Jesus that supports racial hatred and bigotry, then a rational, thinking person would have to arrive at the conclusion Jesus' guidance is not the source for their irrational behavior, wouldn't they? It's pretty easy.

Getting scalded by hot water, you`ll blow on hot milk next time too, you know?
??? okaaaaay :)

My statement stands. I`ve yet not encountered an amiable socium of Christians. When I will encounter one, I will change this assessment. So far, it stands.
Yeah, I can imagine if you just walk in and start trying to beat them over the head with your ridiculous, irresponisble "assessments" of Christianity, you might find them less than amicable. It seems you foment the kind of unpleasant environment you want, so you have something complain about. You don't want Christians to like you. You accuse them of being as evil as the KKK and if they take umbridge with you on that, you start whining and sniveling about "hostility," and "xenophobia" other such nonsense. You suffer from a self-inflicted persecution/martyr complex, or something. Whatever it is, it is not normal.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

This is called placebo effect.

People experience changes, because they sincerely believe, that they must experience a change.

The christianity per ce has little to do with this change - there are just as many personal testaments to entirely similar change after converting to Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Judaism, Krishnaism, Paganism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Polytheism (any you`d like), etc.

In short, any philosophy/religion has very similar accounts of converting people experiencing life-altering epiphanies.

This leads one to conclude, that there is no specific tie with any particular religion, but rather, with psychological effect of placebo. Quite similar to seriously ill people being "miraculously" healed by sugar pills, which are presented to them as powerful medicine.

Quote "There are just as many personal testiments....etc.etc...etc"

My challenge to you Ishamael...PROVE IT

Edited by Rebmilc

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

This is called placebo effect.

People experience changes, because they sincerely believe, that they must experience a change.

The christianity per ce has little to do with this change - there are just as many personal testaments to entirely similar change after converting to Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Judaism, Krishnaism, Paganism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Polytheism (any you`d like), etc.

In short, any philosophy/religion has very similar accounts of converting people experiencing life-altering epiphanies.

This leads one to conclude, that there is no specific tie with any particular religion, but rather, with psychological effect of placebo. Quite similar to seriously ill people being "miraculously" healed by sugar pills, which are presented to them as powerful medicine.

Modern medicine and pharmacology are garbage then, because if this is a placebo effect that these people have experienced, it's 100000x better than

what 'treatment programs' and drugs can do. The people are describing instant deliverance from addictions. I would suggest that people either accept

that it's God, or if you can't, then doctors ought to throw away lots and lots of prescriptions and dole out sugar pills because the placebo effect can

account for every one of thesse miraculous transformations.

I'm sure that SOME of what people experience, even Christians, is the placebo effect. You can't just throw out the baby with the bathwater though.