• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

What is tragic is that the politics have denied the psychiatric community from looking at treatment therapies. Up until thirty or forty years ago homosexuality was defined as a mental illness by the APA, and included in the DSM guide as an identifiable mental illness.

Politics not science then moved it away from being an illness to something to be affirmed and I guess to be proud of. The real tragedy is for the thousands of people who have this homosexual tendency and temptation who WANTS to change, no one is helping them do so, and no one is looking at serious treatments for this disorder to help these people. Yet we have whole industries structured to help someone who feels like a women and is a man get an operation and every other sort of freaky thing. So we help people who wish to become MORE abnormal, and we disdain abnormal people who wish to become whole and normal.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

"Because only 2% of the world is homosexual, therefore it is not normal."

Please don't ever use this argument. You'll give Christians a bad name.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

:P

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

"Because only 2% of the world is homosexual, therefore it is not normal."

Please don't ever use this argument. You'll give Christians a bad name.

Don't worry, I'm not going to protest that argument on the streets of San Fransisco, I was only using it to make my point that the world only see's things from a logical standpoint like that ^^^

I have a gay uncle, and I work with 2 gay people so if anybody knows how to deal rightly with them I probaly do :blink:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

The Montgomery County Board of Education in Maryland has accomplished what science and medicine have been unable to confirm, simply declaring in its newly approved school curriculum for children that some babies are born homosexual.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/worldnetdai...TICLE_ID-56368/

I am somewhat familiar with that case. That particular board is notoriously liberal on many other issues, as well. This is totally politically motivated.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Lets say they are RIGHT, and some people are mentally born homosexual. Now is it normal to be homosexual? No, it is not. Because only 2% of the world is homosexual, therefore it is not normal. That and the fact that if everyone was homosexual, the world would cease to exist. So shouldn't they treat it as an abnormal birth defect as they do everything else? (ie: A.D.D, Cromes Disease, Dwarfism, child onset diabetes, etc...). Anything someone is born with that is not normal is treated, correct? So why are they just trying to make homosexuals MORE homosexual? You dont see diabetes parades of people refusing treatment to embrace their onset diabetes because they were born that way. It is not only ignorant but incredibly hypocritical of the world to treat homosexuality as they do. (Not to mention that its the biggest bastion for the spread of HIV AIDS the world has ever known).

That was looking at this issue just from a non-christian standpoint. If we look at it from that standpoint, there's a whole other ballpark of arguments against it.

Let's say that you are RIGHT and that homosexuals are not normal just like people who have ADD, Chron's, Dwarfism, Diabetes, etc. as you have stated. If homosexuals should be limited in their lives as to whom they can and can't be with, by all rights the same should be said of people with diabetes, dwarfism, etc. etc. Let's dictate to them too how they should live their lives. Maybe dwarves shouldn't be allowed to marry dwarves. Maybe diabetics shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Don't you see how silly and demeaning all of this could be?

I say live and let live. Let's treat ALL of our fellow humans equally.

There's a difference between "live and let live" and condoning sin. I do not, and will not, recognize a gay marriage, whether my idiot of a governor tells me to or not. Nor will I pretend that homosexuality is "okay" when it clearly isn't. Why? Simple. My God is above my congressman, my governor, my community and my country. His Word is law - even when it disagrees with the law of the land.

Very few would suggest that homosexuals not be allowed to act as they wish in this country, and I would violently disagree with anyone that did. But to tell me that I can't believe what God says about it is repressing -my- freedom.

You are contradicting yourself. You said that you would violently disagree with anyone who wouldn't let homosexuals act as they want but you turn around and say that you won't recognize a gay marriage. You don't want them to get married. That is not live and let live. That's live and if other people don't live like me, they are sinning and I don't respect them.

They -are- sinning. I didn't say it; God did. There's no contradiction in what I said at all. They can do what they want -- they can't expect me to condone it. That is live and let live. I'm not going over and throwing them in jail for what they're doing, or suggesting that anyone do it. I'm simply saying that, in the same spirit, they can't expect me to change my own views on the subject, no matter who says so. God is more important.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

hepatocyte and enchanted,

Are either of you Christians?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

With regard to the issue of homosexuality being genetic.

My opinion is that sin is a genetic trait. It is not a genetic "abnormality" in the same sense that Chron's, Dwarfism, and others are. But that it is a genetic abnormality in the sense that, from the fall, sin became inherent within mankind, and that certain individuals can be born with a certain disposition to a certain type of sin.

I believe that if more Christians held this same view, then the debate over whether homosexuality is a choice or not would dissipate. If Christians understood that we are all equally born into sin, but also that some of us are predisposed toward a certain type of sin, then "choice" would become a matter of learning to overcome that predisposition, and we could become more understanding and helpful to those who constantly battle with their personal "demons."

With regard to the issue of homosexuality being genetic.

My opinion is that sin is a genetic trait. It is not a genetic "abnormality" in the same sense that Chron's, Dwarfism, and others are. But that it is a genetic abnormality in the sense that, from the fall, sin became inherent within mankind, and that certain individuals can be born with a certain disposition to a certain type of sin.

I believe that if more Christians held this same view, then the debate over whether homosexuality is a choice or not would dissipate. If Christians understood that we are all equally born into sin, but also that some of us are predisposed toward a certain type of sin, then "choice" would become a matter of learning to overcome that predisposition, and we could become more understanding and helpful to those who constantly battle with their personal "demons."

I think this is very well-put. I fully agree with you. The problem is, I think, that people have the tendency to suggest that because we're born with it, it must be normal and right.