• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Today it's smoking bans and mandatory seatbelt laws. Tomorrow it will be some other restriction to our personal freedoms.

The whole "second-hand smoke is worse than first-hand smoke" nonsense is is a huge sham anyway.

:24:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist
Today it's smoking bans and mandatory seatbelt laws. Tomorrow it will be some other restriction to our personal freedoms.

The whole "second-hand smoke is worse than first-hand smoke" nonsense is is a huge sham anyway.

What about all the babies that live with smokers who are so much sicker on a regular basis than those who do not?

My younger sister worked with a woman who smoked thoroughout her pregnancy. Her words were, "So he'll have a low birth weight, no big deal." :24: You can't make people care about themselves or their families.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I just remembered, my husband told me that Cleveland Clinic has advertised Smokers need not apply. They have decided to NOT hire anyone who smokes.

Several companies are doing it. Some are even going so far as to fire those who do. "Light up, get fired."

Apparently, they decided that paying for health insurance for people who smoke is not the wise choice.

SP, I certainly meant no offense for my last remark, I am sorry. :24:

Honey, I wasn't offended, I was laughing................thats why I used the emote!

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I don't think there's any doubt that smoking cigarettes will, one day soon, be completely illegal. We just have to sit through these idiotic incremental laws for a while until it's over for good.

The real question is: What's next?

Personally, I think it will be fatty foods or the gasoline engine.

On a side note- where's all the freedom-of-choicers that want smoking marijuana to be legalized? I'd have figured they would be in on the side of the cigarette smokers...... :24:

t.

Guest Biblicist
I just remembered, my husband told me that Cleveland Clinic has advertised Smokers need not apply. They have decided to NOT hire anyone who smokes.

Several companies are doing it. Some are even going so far as to fire those who do. "Light up, get fired."

Apparently, they decided that paying for health insurance for people who smoke is not the wise choice.

SP, I certainly meant no offense for my last remark, I am sorry. :huh:

Honey, I wasn't offended, I was laughing................thats why I used the emote!

:24: Oh, good, I was so very worried that I upset you. :thumbsup:

Guest Biblicist
I don't think there's any doubt that smoking cigarettes will, one day soon, be completely illegal. We just have to sit through these idiotic incremental laws for a while until it's over for good.

On a side note- where's all the freedom-of-choicers that want smoking marijuana to be legalized? I'd have figured they would be in on the side of the cigarette smokers...... :noidea:

t.

What we need to do is prove that reading one's Bible is very healthy for you and creates in a person the attitude of better citizenship and makes a person a better worker, then they will make it a law that everyone needs to read their Bibles every day.

Any ideas how we could do that?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

What about all the babies that live with smokers who are so much sicker on a regular basis than those who do not?

My younger sister worked with a woman who smoked thoroughout her pregnancy. Her words were, "So he'll have a low birth weight, no big deal." :noidea: You can't make people care about themselves or their families.

And you can't force people to change their behavior for others - or even for themselves. It has to be a choice.

I grew up in a house with two smokers. I smoked myself for several years. I quit for myself and for my wife and children.

On a side note- where's all the freedom-of-choicers that want smoking marijuana to be legalized? I'd have figured they would be in on the side of the cigarette smokers...... :noidea:

t.

What we need to do is prove that reading one's Bible is very healthy for you and creates in a person the attitude of better citizenship and makes a person a better worker, then they will make it a law that everyone needs to read their Bibles every day.

How about we get the Bible back in school!

Guest Biblicist

t.

God's word is welcome in my children's public school. . .

t.

God's word is welcome in my children's public school. . .

Better not tell the ACLU.