The Fall, the Offer, and the Decision.

Falling...

Impact...

The dark.

The thirst.

The Hunger.

The Prison.

Your Pardon.

This "article" is purely speculation with a few bible verses taken out of context thrown in for effect.

Your message here is....burn in hell or accept my faith. Nice, real nice. If you can't make 'em believe, scare 'em into believing.

Does this make you feel a little better? 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross to those that are perishing is foolishness, but to us that are being saved it is the power of God.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Falling...

Impact...

The dark.

The thirst.

The Hunger.

The Prison.

Your Pardon.

This "article" is purely speculation with a few bible verses taken out of context thrown in for effect.

Your message here is....burn in hell or accept my faith. Nice, real nice. If you can't make 'em believe, scare 'em into believing.

Does this make you feel a little better? 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross to those that are perishing is foolishness, but to us that are being saved it is the power of God.

I'm not upset by the story written in the OP. I just think it's an odd way to try to get people to come to christ. Who admires someone that will kill them if they don't agree with them? Not me. If that's your cup of tea, okay. But don't expect to win over non-believers with that kind of "loving message." Maybe you like to read that kind of story to make you feel better about believing in your particular religion. At least it keeps some from ever questioning their faith. It doesn't make ME want to become a christian, however.

The love given from above is a choice to accept, it is up to you. I see that you are currently viewing this topic as I respond to it, waiting, so I will go a little further and then leave this be. The need to come here for you to post is good. I am glad that at least you know the truth in the end, every tongue will confess, every knee will bow. I will remember you in my prayers. :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

This is a real blessing. Thank you for sharing it.

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Written by:

Richard (Jim) Minch

7-7-07

By Permission Of The Author

My Dear Brother In Yeshua

Love, Joe

Falling...

Arms flailing, you scream in horror as you desperately try to grab substance to stop your fall. Your mind desperately gropes for an answer, because the last thing you remember, you were lying ill in a hospital bed. As you descend, you feel a steady rise in temperature. You hear a loud, continual screaming and at one point, you realize that these sounds are coming from your own throat. You seek and answer, and a loud reply booms within your heart. You have been falling all of your life. Falling away from the acceptance and truth of Jesus Christ. A lifelong descension into the bottomless pits of apostasy and sin.

Impact...

At last, after what was beginning to seem like an endless descent, you hit a hard, hot surface. The pain you feel from the impact is beyond comprehension. Yet, what should've shattered every bone in your body, you discover that you are unbroken. Much like in your life, where your pride and rebellion was so strong, you could not be broken to the point of seeking the healing gift of salvation from Jesus Christ. You had assumed you were so strong, so tough, so in control, but you now realize that you in fact lived a life in complete reverse of these veiled assumptions. In part, you were right. The eternal body you now dwell in cannot be harmed, but you feel everything that your old body felt. You will never again be broken, Neither will your screams.

Luke 6:39

39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

Proverbs 10:8 8 The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.

The dark.

While standing within the flames around you, you realize that while there is evidently a massive fire burning, you cannot see any light. You recall something the Bible said about hell being a place of burning sulfur and brimstone. The acrid stench of sulfur now entering your burning nostrils gives you an unquestionable confirmation about how true God's Word was about this. You then remember something you had learned in science class about how brimstone burns. It burns very darkly, shedding no light. Apparently being at the bottom of a very deep pit now, you cannot see a hint of light as you look up, desperately seeking escape. During your worldly life, you likewise never really looked up to see the Light of Jesus shining brightly in the heavens, begging your attention. Your main focus was either straight ahead seeking worldly riches, while at times looking down on others who weren't as fortunate as you in acquiring worldly riches and possessions. In fact, you now realize that many of these less fortunate people you seemed so disgusted about were driven to the point in their lives where the only direction they had left was to look up to Jesus for His help and deliverance from their own sorrows. Sorrows on a far lesser level than what you are feeling now. Like a hot knife through the heart, you now understand that these have gained such incredible heavenly riches through the temporary fires of trial in their lives, while you surrendered such heavenly riches in trade for temporary, worldly riches of lesser trial and suffering. Now, you are likewise poor and naked, dwelling in eternal fires of trial and suffering. You refused to see the truth of Christ in your life then, and you will never again see anything of clarity again. These verses boom within your mind:

Revelation 19:20

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Mark 9:45,46:

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

The thirst.

Amidst your screams and torment, your mouth and throat quickly becomes dry and caked. You become so desperate for even a a few drops of moisture upon your tongue. You grope blindly in the dark, seeking anything moist, and your flaming fingers find only more burning coals. At this point, you realize that throughout your life, your suppressed soul continuously thirsted too. But the strong-willed dam of your mind relentlessly kept the Lord's waters at bay. As the pressures increased, your stubbornness only increased further. Not a drop of the Holy Spirit offered to you so graciously ever entered your now-aborted soul. Likewise, Jesus was so thirsty for your fellowship with Him. He too groped, begged, pleaded, and even screamed on occasion. You denied Him entry, and in doing this, you denied His reaching Fingers from ever touching your heart. Now realizing this, you have a profound sense that the very dam you yourself created will hold all waters back for eternity. It was built with the concrete of your own pride. And the dryness you now feel is not so very unfamiliar to you now. Your soul remained dry throughout all of your life, and it will now be this way into eternity, forevermore. Yet, this Scripture now drips into your tormented mind:

Matthew 25:42,43:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

John 4:11-15:

11 The woman said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?

12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?"

13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,

14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

15 The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw."

Luke 16:20-25:

20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,

21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man

• 7 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I think the point of the op was this. If you think you are well but yet have cancer but no see any real symptoms, you will die with out help. If someone told you that you were sick and should see a doctor, then you would thank him if that saved your life. Now some even when told they are sick will say "Your not a doctor" so they go on in disbelief. Sometimes it takes someone to show them how sick they are by an extreme step, like surprising them with a list of the symptoms they are shoeing, followed by the end result, perhaps with photos of those who have died before in misery so as to hammer the point home. The point is not to scare someone, it is to show how dire there situation really is.

I think the point of the op was this. If you think you are well but yet have cancer but no see any real symptoms, you will die with out help. If someone told you that you were sick and should see a doctor, then you would thank him if that saved your life. Now some even when told they are sick will say "Your not a doctor" so they go on in disbelief. Sometimes it takes someone to show them how sick they are by an extreme step, like surprising them with a list of the symptoms they are shoeing, followed by the end result, perhaps with photos of those who have died before in misery so as to hammer the point home. The point is not to scare someone, it is to show how dire there situation really is.

:thumbsup:

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. Luke 16:23