• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I agree that God letting the idol worshippers know of their status in the eyes of God as dogs is appropriate but for the Jews to think of all Gentiles as dogs is kind of racist, don't you think?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I agree that God letting the idol worshippers know of their status in the eyes of God as dogs is appropriate but for the Jews to think of all Gentiles as dogs is kind of racist, don't you think?

Jesus was not calling them dogs. He was using an illustration to make his point. Just like a mother would never feed a dog before her children, God's promises to Israel required that He offer the kingdom to the children of promise first, and that the blessing to the whole world come through them.

Jesus was not calling them dogs. He was using an illustration to make his point. Just like a mother would never feed a dog before her children, God's promises to Israel required that He offer the kingdom to the children of promise first, and that the blessing to the whole world come through them.

I like that explanation better.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Actually, if you look up a few references, the term "dogs" to describe heathens and their behavior is not at all uncommon (Psa. 22:16, 20; Matt. 7:6; 2 Pet. 2:22; Rev. 22:15)

Actually, if you look up a few references, the term "dogs" to describe heathens and their behavior is not at all uncommon (Psa. 22:16, 20; Matt. 7:6; 2 Pet. 2:22; Rev. 22:15)

Is it describing heathens or Gentiles?

Are saved Gentiles still Gentiles?

I'll do some research later but VBS started last night, gotta run.

Thanks Ovedya.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Jesus' initial offer of the kingdom was to the nation of Israel. Through this initial offer, a remnant was saved (3000 on the day of pentecost). it iwas through that remnant that the gentiles were reached and grafted into that remnant. It was always God's goal to reach the gentiles through the remnant of Israel

Thanks Eric. Can you show evidence of scripture/verse of your discernment?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I agree! Also, Jesus makes several comments supporting HIS coming to save Gentiles as well. You can find several in Paul. Easier still.....just search your index in the rear of your book and look up Gentiles!

Blessings

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

25The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

26He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

27"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

28Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

But look, in the end her faith saved her! I believe and was taught that this is not necessarily about gentiles being dogs, but about how a gentile should look at faith. We ask, we wait, sometimes it is as if nothing or nobody is listening, but here we are given the example of this gentile women and how to approach Christ. For indeed we are but dogs and only through His grace are we saved, only through His grace have we been grafted on to these promises, faith in the end is what counts, we must never lose the one thing that matters, our faith. It is not about us or our status as dogs or children, the fact is we are dogs we are worthless, think of the honor of even being near Christ as this women was. Think of this woman, if she had become offended at what Christ had said and stormed of what then of her daughter? No she did not become offended at all, she continues to plead and her faith saves her daughter. We are called to continue to plead, it is not about us.

I find the story inspiring.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

This is interesting, Paul had this topic in Romans 9-11

What a coincident.... :whistling: