IGNORED

Looking for a reason

Guest Biblicist

Afal, :whistling:

What did you do when you were out?

I have another question. . .

Still confused here. Not your fault though.

Did you work, teaching, after the trauma in your life?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Afal,

Remind yourself that faith is not a feeling; God's love is a reality----even when you don't feel it----even when you are flat on your face.

So when that happens, and all your faith is suddenly gone, and all those verses disappear, start with the basics: "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief! Give me the faith to rely on your love and your power. Help me to trust in You even when I feel lost and alone".

God will meet you where you are. Remember the Prodigal Son? All he had to do was turn around and start down the road toward home. His father was watching for him, and when he spied his son far off, he RAN to meet him.

God knows our weaknesses, Afal. Tell Him that when you are flat on your face you have questions about His methods of loving you. Ask for trust.

Re: email

Retirement is not always permanent. I know a guy who "retired" 4 times. Hey, look at all the music artists and their multiple "farewell" concerts. :whistling:

Maybe you need a hiatus; maybe not. That you'll need to decide after prayerful consideration. But if you do "retire" its not the end, only the beginning of a new phase of your life. He will redeem your pain and help you to rise out of the ashes. God has something wonderful planned for you, Afal. He is faithful, even thru the darkest hour.

Love,

F

:whistling:

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

What did you do when you were out?

Just lots of bits and bobs (errands for the Americans).

I have another question. . .

Still confused here. Not your fault though.

Did you work, teaching, after the trauma in your life?

Yes - with no problems at work at all.

Life is confusing:

Afal is confusing!!! :emot-giggle:

God has something wonderful planned for you, Afal. He is faithful, even thru the darkest hour.

I believe this and I am trying to hold on to this - even when I am flat on my face!!!

Thanks for the advice Fiosh :emot-giggle::emot-bulb::thumbsup:

Guest Biblicist

If work made you happy, and you were able to work with no problems at all, after the trauma, then maybe you ought to go back to work.

Maybe not working is what is getting you so down on a daily basis.

I read somewhere that people who are completely alone and isolated from personal contact on a daily basis are more likely to become suicidal and even cities with fewer citizens have a higher suicide rate. "It is not good that man [humans] should be alone, I will make a helper suitable for him [them]". God realized the need for human companionship. :emot-giggle:

Babies who are not loved and held much in their infant years are severely stunted and even die fro the lack of physical contact.

Maybe it's time you got back out there and worked. Get back in with people. Maybe start part time or something. I think your crying at the though of retiring is very telling of your feelings toward your job. I would cry too if I could no longer do the job that I love and that makes me so happy and fulfilled.

Just something to think about, IMHO. :emot-bulb:

Praying for you.

You are totally right Bib. Please tell this to my employers!!!!! :emot-giggle:

But then some Christian people are suggesting that God wants to take my life in a new direction - so I just don't know!!! :emot-giggle::emot-bulb::thumbsup:

Guest Biblicist
You are totally right Bib. Please tell this to my employers!!!!! :emot-giggle:

Are you saying that your employers won't let you come back to work with a clean bill of health?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

But then some Christian people are suggesting that God wants to take my life in a new direction - so I just don't know!!! :thumbsup::emot-hug::42:

We're just throwing out ideas and thoughts. No one knows exactly what God has in mind for you, Afal. And He often unfolds His plans gradually.

But we do know that you can trust Him with your life. :emot-giggle: And we are all praying for you Afal.

He gives you the grace you need to make it thru TODAY. His mercies are new each day.

Bless you sister,

Fiosh

:emot-bulb:

Are you saying that your employers won't let you come back to work with a clean bill of health?

I can't get a clean bill of health because my condition is untreatable!!!!!!! :emot-giggle: