IGNORED

Do you have personal Christian Friends who are Gay?

MeCajunboy

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1987

I have one gay friend, but I haven't seen him much this semester. He has a tatoo with the Jesus fish with the "gay rainbow" colored in on his chest. That's all I know.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I would like to hear from your personal experiences if you have Christian Friends who are Gay ?

Shalom Cajunboy,

No, I don't have any Christian "gay" friends, because I do not believe one can TRULY be a Christian and be a practicing homosexual.

Yes, I have had some gay friends in the past and yes some of them asserted that they were Christians, but again, if one is a TRUE Christian, they will not willfully engage in sinful behavior and call it good.

We, as Christians, are to love the sinner, but never enable them to keep on sinning by letting them think they are Christians.

A practicing homosexual can be a Christian just like a practicing liar can be a Christian. Otherwise we are saved based on works and not by grace through faith. A practicing homosexual Christian should be working towards freedom from that sin, just as someone who gossips all the time should be working towards freedom from that sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

This is where faith without works is dead. That means the fruits of being gay proves a person is living outside of faith because faith requires that person to abstain from having sexual encounters with people from the same gender.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Somehow though we need better ideas about how we approach this issue. I am not saying at all change our scriptural teachings or water them down.

But if any of you have read the thread about young people and then followed the link to Barna, one of the reasons we are struggling so much with the college and young adult age group is over this issue. To them, we have been painted as bigots, unlike older generations they personally know gays and lesbians; they are friends, teachers, family members etc. The way I look at it is that I am friends with many divorced people, many people who committed adultery and are now married to that women or man, and many people who are having sex outside of marriage; I don't go ballistic over this (maybe I should!) but regardless this is probably the direction we should move in how we treat gay's and lesbians. Also most valid research has shown that only 2-3% of the total population is homosexual, it seems like we have much bigger fish to fry than worrying so much about this tiny minority?

We are losing this battle and it is not helping us to come across this way. Now I don't think this is our fault, much of it is how we have been painted and spun by the gay activist lobby which is quite strong and insidious. But how did Christ tell us to treat our enemies?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

cajun, what makes a person a christian?

does it have anything to do with repentance?

Believing and having total faith in the One True God, makes a person a Christian. Yes, it has much to do with repentance! You do the first part and God will take care of the rest.

Blessings

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This is where faith without works is dead. That means the fruits of being gay proves a person is living outside of faith because faith requires that person to abstain from having sexual encounters with people from the same gender.

I have only one question to this comment: Have you or most (if not any) Christians completely abstained from all sin since you began living in faith?

I would like to hear from your personal experiences if you have Christian Friends who are Gay ?

Shalom Cajunboy,

No, I don't have any Christian "gay" friends, because I do not believe one can TRULY be a Christian and be a practicing homosexual.

Yes, I have had some gay friends in the past and yes some of them asserted that they were Christians, but again, if one is a TRUE Christian, they will not willfully engage in sinful behavior and call it good.

We, as Christians, are to love the sinner, but never enable them to keep on sinning by letting them think they are Christians.

A practicing homosexual can be a Christian just like a practicing liar can be a Christian. Otherwise we are saved based on works and not by grace through faith. A practicing homosexual Christian should be working towards freedom from that sin, just as someone who gossips all the time should be working towards freedom from that sin.

Don't mean any offense Laffin but a "practicing Homosexual " is only that.....Practicing! To be a Christian means to "strive to be LIKE Christ." I do not believe that Jesus/God was a "practicing homosexual. If you believe that I would ask you to show scripture/verse of your find. And "YES," that does not make it any more right to be a practicing Christian and be a liar. But God is no fool! You cannot deceive HIM as HE knows all of our hearts and what we sincerely want sins we truly mean to repent for and which ones we secretly want to hold on to. And I'm the last person in your life that you want to tell , that homosexuality is not sin and cannot be eliminated from ones life. If you believe that or your friends as well, you are welcome to PM me and I'd be happy to testify and give testamony..

Blessings and prayers

cajunboy

Somehow though we need better ideas about how we approach this issue. I am not saying at all change our scriptural teachings or water them down.

But if any of you have read the thread about young people and then followed the link to Barna, one of the reasons we are struggling so much with the college and young adult age group is over this issue. To them, we have been painted as bigots, unlike older generations they personally know gays and lesbians; they are friends, teachers, family members etc. The way I look at it is that I am friends with many divorced people, many people who committed adultery and are now married to that women or man, and many people who are having sex outside of marriage; I don't go ballistic over this (maybe I should!) but regardless this is probably the direction we should move in how we treat gay's and lesbians. Also most valid research has shown that only 2-3% of the total population is homosexual, it seems like we have much bigger fish to fry than worrying so much about this tiny minority?

We are losing this battle and it is not helping us to come across this way. Now I don't think this is our fault, much of it is how we have been painted and spun by the gay activist lobby which is quite strong and insidious. But how did Christ tell us to treat our enemies?

In all honesty ma'am, if we continue to smooth things over to our youth , things will only get worse. They want to hear truths and not half-truths, or buttered down truths. They want to know that God is real and will be there for them in their hour of need. Did you have it so easy when you were growing up? Or did you have to scratch your way to the top to search and find God, with all your passion and desire to get where you are now? The problem with our youth right now in many cases is because "we didn't want them to have it as TOUGH as we did. That's a sad excuse. It's like God wants to teach them lessons in life of how it is to struggle and not have things given to them on a silver platter, or things we did without to give to them and now God can't even reach them because we always got in HIS way. And our children are even more angry because they want to be loved and taught and be happy, but much of that is lost to many. Mind you, I'm not saying that applies to all children growing up as I'm sure that many still have struggled and have had to pay their own way. But i'll be willing to bet you that THEY are the ones who will succeed in life and they are the ones who will first find God and HIS unending love for them.

I think when it's all said and done our children just want the staight poop with no sugar coating and the ones who think that they can't beat sins like homosexuality, and adultery in later life just didn't take the time and effort to explore God and the Bible. God didn't say it would be easy.

Blessings and Prayers

Cajunboy

I have only one question to this comment: Have you or most (if not any) Christians completely abstained from all sin since you began living in faith?

No, not all. But when a new one has slipped in , and they are seldom as I age, I immediately repent and ask God to help me through it and remind myself that Jesus died for me to live! Oh, and NO! I have not slipped back into the sin of homosexuality since I was was a teen. I do however, have two terrific "straight" children and an understanding and beautful wife. Any more questions and if you'd like to PM .....feel free anytime!

Cajunboy

Shalom Cajunboy,

Agreed, but it is wrong to call or consider someone a "Practicing Christian" in either case, because a "Christian" means to strive to be "LIKE CHRIST" I understand the pain and suffering and I'm sure Jesus understood it more, but without repentance and effort and suffering to NOT commit sin, one cannot honestly call themselves Christian. What you're telling me is what so many "practicing homosexuals" are saying across the globe. They have no intentions of relinquishing their sin, and have boughtt into the lie that satan is feeding them . The lie that homosexuality cannot not be relinquished. Wouldn't that be like telling God that HE is a liar, since HE has said that "All things are possible through HIM?"

blessings and prayers.

cajunboy