• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Below written by someone related to me from

http://www.thewhyman.jesusanswers.com

Many wonder about the billions of people who have never heard of Jesus. What is going to happen to them? If Christianity is the only true religion, the only way, is it arrogant to say that those who have not heard are condemned? Is God fair to turn people away from Himself after they have died, because they have never heard the gospel message? Is the gospel for those who God personally picks out and the others He just ignores?

To answer these questions we need to understand the nature of man and the basic character and nature of God.

The Bible says man is already in a state of condemnation we are separated from our maker and we are not actively looking for him to repair this.

God is fair toward mankind, He has bestowed common grace extending to the believer and unbeliever alike. Jesus said: He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust (Matthew 5:45).The Psalmist writes, Gracious is the Lord and righteous; yes, our God is merciful (Psalm 116:5). In this life Gods grace affects all. After this life only the believer will be the recipient of his grace and goodness.

Paul stated to the pagans in Acts 14: to turn from useless things to the living God who made heaven and earth and all things that are in them, who in bygone generations allowed all nations to walk in their own ways. Nevertheless He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good, gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, God has not revealed all but we can trust his judgment completely because it is founded on mercy and motivated by love. Whatever He does will be perfect and just.

Eve,

that was quite an editorial, a thesis if you will.

Whoever wrote it sure "hit the nail on the head"!

We can certainly be sure that however He deals with those whom have never heard the Gospel, He will, as you close with, be perfectly just.

All Glory be to Him!!!

John

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

There will be no such a thing as someone who has never heard the Gospel. It is written a number of times over in The Bible that it is preached to every creature, the spirits in prison, the dead, so there can be no doubt that every one ever born will hear The Gospel and have the opportunity to respond other wise God would not be perfect justice, and would be a respecter of persons. So The Bible answers the question. It's not necessary for us to know how or when, not to evern understand it. All we have to do is accept it because God wrote it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

There will be no such a thing as someone who has never heard the Gospel. It is written a number of times over in The Bible that it is preached to every creature, the spirits in prison, the dead, so there can be no doubt that every one ever born will hear The Gospel and have the opportunity to respond other wise God would not be perfect justice, and would be a respecter of persons. So The Bible answers the question. It's not necessary for us to know how or when, not to evern understand it. All we have to do is accept it because God wrote it.

Blessings in Christ our Lord! Ever followed Gosepl for Asia? They got some figures that would blow your mind about how many in Asia die without having heard the Gospel even once. In fact one guy on staff there whom I exchange emails with ends his with..."for those who have never heard"...so who is wrong here :t2:?

Just a thought as I'm not certain about this.

Perhaps the Gospel will be preached to those that never heard it here... in hades. Didn't Christ descend into hades after His crucifixion to preach the Good News to those already there?

Maybe I'm wrong.

As I said, just a thought.

John

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Perhaps the Gospel will be preached to those that never heard it here... in hades. Didn't Christ descend into hades after His crucifixion to preach the Good News to those already there?

Maybe I'm wrong.

John

Blessings in Christ! Great question. I would have to say no to that question. We get one chance around this merry go round. We have no scriptural proof that while Jesus was their any of those people went to Heaven. So anything shaky and not solid in scripture, well I do not put alot of stock in that. I do know he went to the place known in Paradise..(or abrahams bossom) to where all the old testament Saints went too..and those wen to Heaven..to be with the Father...were they not with the Father before...not if you pay close attention to the Words of Jesus who said no man had seen the Father except the one who came from the Father...i.e Jesus..Hope this post helps...Blessings

Guest charlie

>>There will be no such a thing as someone who has never heard the Gospel. <<

Babies that die don't get a chance to hear it. I certainly don't think they're condemned to hell.

I think God puts it in a man's/woman's heart to know right from wrong, and they will be judged according to their works.

Another thought that has occurred to me is that perhaps "purgatory" or "hades", (whatever word you want to call it) is a place where those who haven't heard the word or babies who've died without hearing the word, go, and they'll be told there. That's just one of those "thoughts" I've had. I don't know if it's true or not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Maybe I'm wrong.

John

I don't know. It would certainly bring a sense of peace to know that those who never heard would have that opportunity.

I wish it were the case. My heart grieves for the lost and searching. How my heart grieves.

Someone once said we were "pompous" because we were among the elect and thought so highly of ourselves being spared condemnation...

Oh, how wrong, wrong, wrong they are....never were there any who were so wrong that this poor, wretched soul...

I grieve in my soul for those who are lost. I feel helpless when I try to break the ice of the gospel with people and they refuse to listen.

Oh, may God touch their lives and hearts in a special way...and bring them to repentence.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

>>There will be no such a thing as someone who has never heard the Gospel. <<

Babies that die don't get a chance to hear it. I certainly don't think they're condemned to hell.

I think God puts it in a man's/woman's heart to know right from wrong, and they will be judged according to their works.

Another thought that has occurred to me is that perhaps "purgatory" or "hades", (whatever word you want to call it) is a place where those who haven't heard the word or babies who've died without hearing the word, go, and they'll be told there. That's just one of those "thoughts" I've had. I don't know if it's true or not.

Greetings Charlie,

In other areas of the forum I have written on the "Lamb's Book of Life". You may want to study this out for yourself, as well as the terms "from the foundation of the world", and "before the foundation of the world". It is for "sin" that you shall "die". A baby or the infirm, mentally retarded, have no sin attributed to them.

When Jesus went and preached to those "in prison", it was to the dead who were being kept in what most believe to be "Abraham's Bosom". It wasn't to "hell" where unbelievers are sent. It is appointed unto man, once to die, THEN the judgment. There IS NO second chance in "purgatory".

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

And once again lets go to The Bible

Ps 145:10

10 All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.

(KJV)

John 5:25

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

(KJV)

Col 1:23

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;

(KJV)

1 Pet 3:19

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

(KJV)

1 Pet 4:6

6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

(KJV)

So you see God is totally just, and it can be summed up with this:

Rom 14:11-12

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

(KJV)

As for babies? God holds us responsible for what we know, and understand, so anyone who is not old enough or mentaly capable will be there in The Kingdom.