IGNORED

What About Those Who Have Not Heard

eve

Guest mcm42
I believe that there is strong support for eventual universal reconciliation through the blood of Jesus who was sent to be the Savior of all

Welcome to the Boards Shana, and what a way to debut!

I would love to see that supposed "support". I believe plenty will spend eternity in hell, and i do not believe the Bible supports a "universal reconciliation".

But I do want to hear what you have to say. :P

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shana

Hi mcm42,

I believe that salvation is the result of what God is doing for His lost creatures, not the result of my seeking Him. If this is the case, then I could say that it was because of my seeking God, that I have come to know Him or to be known by Him. I believe that whatever faith we have, is a gift given to us by God, yet most remain lost in darkness, deceived, enslaved to sin, helpless according to the apostle Paul. It is only because of God's mercy shining down on us that we been delivered from the dominion of darknessd and so I believe that the mercy of God who is described as agape love, will open the eyes and hearts of all who are lost one day. Here is a link which provides strong Biblical support for the belief in Christian Universal Reconciliation:

God bless.

Edited by Saved by Grace

Guest mcm42
I believe that whatever faith we have, is a gift given to us by God, yet most remain lost in darkness, deceived, enslaved to sin, helpless according to the apostle Paul. It is only because of God's mercy shining down on us that we been delivered from the dominion of darknessd and so I believe that the mercy of God who is described as agape love, will open the eyes and hearts of all who are lost one day

I agree with you except for your last comment. I will look at your article (which is very rare mind you) but remember that in that day many will say to me Lord Lord... But he will say to them away from me evil doers I never knew you!.

Guest Shana

Someone sent me an instant message which stated that my posts had been moved to the Universalist forum. Where is the forum? And I was told not to link to sites which had such content? :P The link to my website was removed. Is it against the rules of the boards to link to relevant sites? Just asking!! I also received a strong rebuke. Please advise to the posting guidelines for these boards. I do not want to cause disruption. Thanks and God bless all!!

Guest Shana

Still waiting..

I agree with you except for your last comment. I will look at your article (which is very rare mind you) but remember that in that day many will say to me Lord Lord... But he will say to them away from me evil doers I never knew you!.

mcm, if God has been merciful to us who are undeserving of His mercy, why would He not be merciful to others who have been deceived? God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Someone sent me an e-mail which stated that my posts had been moved to the Universalist forum. Where is the forum? And  I was told not to link to sites which had such content?  :P  The link to my website was removed.  Is it against the rules of the boards to link to relevant sites? Just asking!!  I also received a strong rebuke. Please advise to the posting guidelines for these boards. I do not want to cause disruption.  Thanks and God bless all!!

Generally, we do not allow links to web sites that contain questionable content. Links to articles aer fine, so long as the content is not offensive. When in doubt, feel free to send the link to a moderator via Private Message and ask if it's appropriate.

Also, do not consider a late response as being intentional. Amny of us visit the boards while at work, or visit infrequently at home. Sometimes it takes half a day, a day, or even a few days for a response.

Much Grace,

~G

Guest Shana

Nothing on the site is questionable, unless he was thinking that the doctrine might be offensive to some. Where is the Universalist Forum? I was told that I could post freely there, but I don't see it. Thanks and God bless.

Guest mcm42
mcm, if God has been merciful to us who are undeserving of His mercy, why would He not be merciful to others who have been deceived

I agree with you shana about the web site, of course I didn't read the whole thing, I'm not suppose to talk about "deleting" So I won't.

I did get a glimpse of the site though, and I didn't get some of the answers.

I would never have answered some of those questions that way! I don't eve know what a Priori argument is (I probably should :D )

As far as the above quote, God must both be Just and Loving. None of us is deserving. But God will show his love in the same why he shows his justice.

I wonder if you have read Romans 9? (I sound like a broken record it's rediculous, in fact I'm even getting tired of myself :P )

Anyway, how do you handle the numerous Scriptures that teach that "these will not enter the kingdom?" Ugghhh I don't even have a reference, I'm such a slob, I'll have to go rummaging around for some passages.

Guest Shana

Hi mcm42, I appreciate your spirit, even if we may disagree. I am not sure if it is okay to discuss what I believe on this thread right now , now that the link to the article and the link to the website have been deleted. But just a few comments. I do believe that many will not be allowed to enter the kingdom in this age or in the age to come, but this does not mean that they won't eventually be reconciled to God in light of passages such as 1 Cor. 15: 22-28, Ephesians 1:1, and Romans 8:19-22. Roman 9 tells me that God is directing all in accordance to what He has planned. All is up to Him and there are vessels prepared for destruction and vessels prepared for mercy. I believe that there must be destruction for many before there can be restoration in that all that is evil and sinful must be destroyed. Anyway, if you would like to further converse, please let me know by e-mail or private message. Thanks, mcm42! God bless you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

When God say all that means all. It's not whose right or whose wrong

Does the word all always mean all in the greatest sense? If I said I want all of the pizza... Did I mean I want all of the pizza in the world, all the pizza that was ever made, all the pizza in the room, all the pizza at my local pizza hut, all the pizza in my refrigerator all the pizza left in the box etc...

So when God says all does it mean All... Depends on your definition of All and the context in which the word "all" falls.

Just thought I'd share :t:

2 Pet 1:20 NO PROPHECY OF THE SCRIPTURE IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION

So your contention that it depends on how anyone interprets is nothing more than your opinion. If I were you I would go with what God says, He is not limited by anything that comes from man.

Ps 145:9-10

9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

10 ALL THY WORKS shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.

John 5:25

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

[This includes those however many they be who had not heard before their phsical death. God is pure justice.]

Col 1:23

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

[i would suggest that every spoken by God means every.]

1 Pet 3:19

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

1 Pet 4:6

6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Rom 14:11

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Phil 2:11

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(KJV)

And so again we have God saying that every one will.

Rev 22:18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

(KJV)