• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1991

Last month my brother and i went on a vacation with my dad's side of the family. While there my dad cussed a lot and was totally incooperative. My little brothers later asked him about some of these things in order to let dad know that he didnt like it. My dad kinda let it go in one ear and out of the other. Then he cahnged the subject. My brother already hurt by his actions was hurt worse. Any ideas of what we can say to my dad to let him know how we feel?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

While there my dad cussed a lot and was totally uncooperative.

That doesn't give a lot to go by.

"Cussing" is not a sin but it is the use of improper English and often expresses anger.

Uncooperative about doing what? Was he just grouchy? If so, that is the issue the kids should be addressing. What is the root of this anger? Was it the temperature, or something along the lines of physical discomfort? Was he in physical pain, in any way, to cause his misery? Did he hate the people he was around?

There are many things that can make a person miserable on vacation.

Understanding is the key to helping the situation.

Guest lattetwin
Last month my brother and i went on a vacation with my dad's side of the family. While there my dad cussed a lot and was totally incooperative. My little brothers later asked him about some of these things in order to let dad know that he didnt like it. My dad kinda let it go in one ear and out of the other. Then he cahnged the subject. My brother already hurt by his actions was hurt worse. Any ideas of what we can say to my dad to let him know how we feel?

The best thing you and your brothers can do about your dad is to be up front and honest with your own feelings. Yes, he cussed and did some things that weren't appropriate. Your feelings are valid, but before you share your hurts with your dad pray and ask God for His wisdom and guidance in this situation. Ask God to forgive you for harboring the hurt, anger and even rejection from your dad while you were on vacation. Once you do that, you can go to your dad openly before God and share your hurts with him. Ask your dad to forgive you for being hurt and let God do the rest. Your dad may get angry himself but that's okay. You did your part and God will take care of your dad. Isaiah 41:10 says Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' I hope this helps. Blessings ... :thumbsup: