• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

He asked me about obeying those in authority over us and said that we didnt have to obey the marijuana laws because they were stupid laws. I told him we had to obey authority unless it went against God. Thats what started it all.

Sounds like a "lawless" spirit to me. You should remind him that in end times this spirit will be running rampant.

We live in this land, we should obey the rules of this land. Even Jesus taught this.

He was and is looking out for our own protection. Being "lawless" is self destructive.

or a rebellious spirit...lawlessness...Oh i hate the day Just driving in another country where no one obeys the law is enough for me :blink: I here all kinds of stuff. " I grow my own,. It's natural" " God put it here, there must've been a reason" Jesus refused the cup of gall even when he was horribly beaten without recognition. If anybody deserved to have anything it was Jesus. I believe 'Gall" was a bitter drink close to our opiates, morphine made out of mandrakes.

If he hasn't cotacted you yet how about' Romans 13 1-7' pay attention to verse six and seven. Here God states our subjection to the rulers in government cos He put them ther...in short

I wonder if Isiah 45 would help in some way , proving Gods sovereignty over a ruler cyrus who i do not think knew God

I can understand better what you are looking for * *

~ :whistling: patricia

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Oh dear, if I had known you wanted verses about governing authoriies!

Here:

Romans 13:1-7

Respect for Authority

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Oh dear, if I had known you wanted verses about governing authoriies!

Here:

Romans 13:1-7

Respect for Authority

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God