IGNORED

How does the Bible define Sin: or does it?

arvy

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

One question for you EddieB. 1 John 3:6 states, "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him." Just curious what you think that scripture means? :24:

Hello again Butero,

I think it means exactly what it says, if you could abide in Christ continulisly, none stop, you would not sin. But the fact remains you cant abide as such and so you sin. I think hes saying that to habitual sin, and take such a thing lightly, you would not be a Christian.

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Just curious what you think these scriptures mean?

Thanks for taking the time to respond. When you made the statement, "But if your implying, and I'm not saying you are, a Christian is one who does not sin, I would disagree on that point," the only thing I had done was referenced that scripture in 1 John 3:6. It was John under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost that stated "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not see him, neither known him." In reality, it was God making the statement, not me, so when you made your comment, and you never gave any explaination for it, it appeared you were disagreeing with God. At least now I know where you are coming from.

I was just making the point that the Spirit that lives within will only lead us to live a righteous lifestyle, so when we walk in the Spirit, we don't sin. It is only when we fail to follow his leading, we get into trouble. There is a gospel song by David Patillo that says, "I'll Follow Jesus, he knows the way home." When we follow Jesus, we know we are on the narrow path that leads to life, but when we fail to follow in his footsteps, we often times wind up on the wide path that leads to destruction. I'm afraid too many Christians are failing to walk in the Spririt, and not following Jesus, but instead, following the broad road, and will have a rude awakening at the end of the journey.

I agree, abiding to me is walking in the Spirit, and thats where i want to be as a Christian. And I also would agree that many Christians are not walking in the Spirit, I was one of them and can be again if I dont cherish that fellowship we experience with our heavenly father when we walk in the Spirit.