IGNORED

Am I doing something terribly wrong I am unaware of?

Deepblue

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Sometimes thoughts will come into your head, and they will make no sense whatsoever. I believe it's a trick of the enemy. That particular sin was my biggest struggle as well. Believe me, it's the Holy Spirit that is helping you defeat this sin. I could never defeat this sin until I was saved. And as far as the unpardonable sin....I don't think you've comitted it. I've been tortured with that one as well. Just ask the Lord to help you defeat these thoughts. Just put it in his hands, and he'll take care of it. Now, the problem may be, that once you do stop worrying if you've comitted the unpardonable sin, you may think, "If I'm not worried, then something must be wrong." When it's probably just the Lord bringing you comfort. Will be praying for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Saints,

A topic was introduced here that was very graphic in nature. We have people of all ages and levels of spiritual maturity checking in here. I removed these posts. If you wish to discuss things that are more personal and graphic in language, use the Men's longe (or Women's). They are screened by the mods for age, gender, maturity etc.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Sometimes thoughts will come into your head, and they will make no sense whatsoever. I believe it's a trick of the enemy. That particular sin was my biggest struggle as well. Believe me, it's the Holy Spirit that is helping you defeat this sin. I could never defeat this sin until I was saved. And as far as the unpardonable sin....I don't think you've comitted it. I've been tortured with that one as well. Just ask the Lord to help you defeat these thoughts. Just put it in his hands, and he'll take care of it. Now, the problem may be, that once you do stop worrying if you've comitted the unpardonable sin, you may think, "If I'm not worried, then something must be wrong." When it's probably just the Lord bringing you comfort. Will be praying for you.

What you are experiancing is not new ,, and not without explaination .

One of the greatest witers of the scriptures suffered of the same conflict ,, not surprising for how could He have taught us if He had not ?

Please read in Pauls writtings of Romans chapter 7:15-25 .

This is a warring of the two natures ,, the old nature of sin and death ,, and the new nature of being dead to sin but alive in Christ .

They are contradictory to each other and many new Christians as well as some of the mature Christians(as witnessed by the apostile Paul) often find the battle quite un nerving !!

When these urges hit ,, study the word for your blessings in Christ(I like to read Ephesians) Lay hold of the faith that was given you to believe and rest easy in your heart that when you were saved it was by God's will and Grace Chosen in Christ from before the foundation of the world ,, what Love our God has for His children !!

EPH 1:1-14

Touched1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I have to agree with you on this one! God didn't design the Human Spirit to "worry." If you're "worried" or "concerned" about a particular subject, pray on it and deal with it. Even if you "failed" at something that you were tempted by, We know what we have to do, so go on and deal with the sin. Ask God to remove it from your mind and soul. Repent and stand on God's Word . It may take weeks, months and the more serious crosses as in mine took years. But once it was removed from my heart, I KNEW IT! And I knew God had moved on IT! It WAS DONE. In HIS name.

Blessings

Cajun

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Worrying is perfectly normal when there is due cause and i have found the best way to deal with it, is to take action. If you have taken all the action (faith backed up with action) you can and you are still worried about a situation, then you just have to tell yourself that you've done all you can, to the best of your ability and that if the outcome is negative, you will get through it. This works for me but then, i'm not really one of life's worriers. I can imagine it's hard to break a pattern of responding to a situation with worry though.

I'm not prone to being neurotic either, though i do have a friend that is. He worries about events without due cause and eventually they send him into a frenzy unless he intervienes with truth.

I think God is able to make it clear to us, when we have sinned against him.

Edited by femelle

:thumbsup:

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

:24:

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Psalms 119:11

:emot-hug:

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Psalms 119:9

:emot-hug:

Love, Joe

Do you speak against the Holy Spirit (don't listen to Him when He presses on your mind?), then you have committed, or commit, the sin against Him.

Matthew 12:31-32 says, "Every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Put it in God's hands is the best thing to do. Many do exactly that, give it to Him with one hand and take it away with the other by continuing to worry. His promises are true. Believe it.

God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

You are in here seeking answers from God. You know what your desire is, God knows it too. Mine, personally, is to please Him. That's all I desire. It's all any of us need desire because, if we do, God will guide the rest of our life for us.

He opens our eyes and shows us satan's tricks and lies. They're everywhere, even in this forum, you have to ignore what does not come from God and take hold of what does. God's children do hear His voice. Have faith in that.

:o