• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

Hi all,

My wife and I are going on a trip to Gabon with our church, and it's going to cost $2,500.00 for us to go, does anyone have any suggestions on ways to raise the money? This will be our first trip, and I don't know if there are traditional activities that are usually tried to raise money for a missionary trip, or is that in bad taste? Any input would be appreciated

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/22/1958

Wow, I would love to go to Gabon. Gabon has the only known natural nuclear reactors in the world. Most nuclear engineers and nuclear physicists would give their eye teeth to visit Gabon. Okay, deep breath, now to your subject.

The teens at my church raised money for their mission trip to China by flagging the yards of members. They got Chinese flags and put them on posts that could be stuck in the ground. Church members could pay to have another member's yard flagged. If your yard got flagged, you had to pay to get the flags moved to another member's yard. It got to the point that members were asking the youth director why their yard had not been flagged yet. I told the youth director that they weren't getting a donation from me until I got flagged and the next morning I had a whole row of flags in my yard. It was fun.

The local newspaper had an article about the flags and our teens' mission trip. A lot of people in the community started asking about the mission trip after that. The teens raised more than they originally needed for their mission trip. They were able to add additional areas to visit on their mission trip.

I almost forgot. Some people who were going on a mission trip visited my mother's church last year. They weren't members of the church, but they gave a little presentation about their mission trip. The church gave them a 'love offering' to help them with their trip.

Edited by Rebecca2