• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/22/1946

demons are earth bound spirits from the dead nephilim. Fallen angels are from a higher level of the demonic kingdom. Those that fell in Gen 6 was to contaminate the human blood line to keep the promised Messiah from coming.

THOSE are bound according to Peter and Jude in Tartarus..

Angels don't inhabit humans, demons do..

I believe you are correct but do you have scriptural backup?

I agree with one of the posters on this thread that speaks about pre-Adamic humans but my understanding of them is just that they are the different races....not ones that demons came from. After all, when God created them He said, "it was very good." I also agree with you in that the fallen angels mated with daughters of Adam in order to contaminate the blood line that would lead to Christ.

So far, the demons being the souls of the nephilim is the best answer. I also wonder if they could possibly be the souls of truly horrid humans (Hitler, Stalin, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc.). My understanding is they couldn't be as all souls aren't yet judged....but it's something to consider.

.........Whirlwind

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Interesting thread. However I wonder why this passage has not been brought up yet.

Matthew 8:28 When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29

Interesting thread. However I wonder why this passage has not been brought up yet.

Matthew 8:28 (snip)

It appears here that the demons are know they are awaiting judgment, in Luke 8 this same incident is recorded and the demons do not want to be thrown into the abyss. It almost seems that these demons could possibly be fallen angels awaiting the judgment spoken of in 2 Peter and Jude. The issue would again be brought back to what is mean by bound by chains of darkness. These passages do not give an absolute clarity on the issue at hand but if they did there would be no discussion.

What is your opinion? As they are "awaiting judgment" do you believe they could be souls of terrible humans or the fallen angels? Is there another possibility?

It is an interesting topic!

.......Whirlwind

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

demons are earth bound spirits from the dead nephilim. Fallen angels are from a higher level of the demonic kingdom. Those that fell in Gen 6 was to contaminate the human blood line to keep the promised Messiah from coming.

first of all,.. why do you care?

Jude is in reference to Egypt of the past , once delivered, wanting to return into bondage...some demons wander looking for new human habitation, animals also. Some are bound with the authority of Jesus and are waiting to be loosed again. Too many brains some times no good :laugh:

what is your problem today?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

I believe you are correct but do you have scriptural backup?

I agree with one of the posters on this thread that speaks about pre-Adamic humans but my understanding of them is just that they are the different races....not ones that demons came from. After all, when God created them He said, "it was very good." I also agree with you in that the fallen angels mated with daughters of Adam in order to contaminate the blood line that would lead to Christ.

So far, the demons being the souls of the nephilim is the best answer. I also wonder if they could possibly be the souls of truly horrid humans (Hitler, Stalin, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc.). My understanding is they couldn't be as all souls aren't yet judged....but it's something to consider.

.........Whirlwind

Hi Whirlwind~ The only thing I can give you to read is non canonized.. That would be from the book of Enoch..

And He answered and said to me, and I heard His voice: 'Fear not, Enoch, thou righteous

man and scribe of righteousness: approach hither and hear my voice. And go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent thee to intercede for them: "You should intercede" for men, and not men

for you: Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children

of earth, and begotten giants (as your) sons? And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten (children) with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die 5 and perish. Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget

children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were formerly

spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.

And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon

the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin;

they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. [As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling.] And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless

hunger and thirst, and cause offences. And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them.

The book of Enoch was quoted by Jude and also alluded to by Jesus.. It is found in the Ethiopian Bible and also discoved in the Qumran caves..

Blessings, Karen

'Karen C.'

Hi Whirlwind~ The only thing I can give you to read is non canonized.. That would be from the book of Enoch..

The book of Enoch was quoted by Jude and also alluded to by Jesus.. It is found in the Ethiopian Bible and also discoved in the Qumran caves..

Blessings, Karen

Wow....ask and ye shall receive. I believe the verses you quoted nail who the demons are. Thank you very much.

Blessings to you too.....Whirlwind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Hey Hr. I just want to appoligise as well, i misunderstood your original posting so I hope I didn't offend you. I had to run off to a meeting but I will catch up on what you all have writen. :whistling: Peace be with you. God Bless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Demons are angels that rebelled with Satan against God

What is the scriptural basis for this?

As the scriptures show in my O.P. the angels that rebelled with Satan are in Chains awaiting Judgment. We have two clear scriptural references to that. If they are in chains awaiting judgment, how are they loose on the earth as "demons"?

Jude 1:6 and 2 Peter 2:4 are addressing a specific group of demons who committed a particular offence. Some feel this occured in Genesis 6 (I do not). It is not descriptive of all demons .

What scriptural or contextual evidence exists to lead to the claim that this is only a specific group of angels?

The text in both instances seems to clearly be all inclusive.

Lets look at 2 Peter 2:4 for example:

For if God didn't spare the angels who sinned, but threw them down into Tartarus and delivered them to be kept in chains of darkness until judgment;

2 Peter 2:4 HCSB

Your contention is that this passage teaches that these angles are now confined to hell and no longer can roam the earth. The question is what Peter means by "kept in chanis of darkness until judgement."

Peter also says this in verse 9:

then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment,

2 Peter 2:9 HCSB

Peter uses the same phrase to refer to wicked people who are still exerting influence in the world. God is still in the process of "keeping them" for judgement.

It is not unlike this statement in John 3

Anyone who believes in Him is not judged, but anyone who does not believe is already judged, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.

John 3:18 HCSB

According to John, unbelievers have already been "judged". However none of us would say that they are currently in their final destination. Gods act of keeping does not mean literal restraint in a physical place. it is a keeping for judgement in the future. these demons are like the unbelievers in 2 Peter. They are kept, but still active.

the same question could be asked of this pre-adamic race, since they are no place directly mentioned.

The big difference I see in the applications of the scriptures is the fact that we are specifically told that the fallen angels are awaiting judgment in Hell.

We have no scriptures that definitively say "pre-adamic being." However, we have many pieces to a puzzle that are somewhat compelling when assembled.

I know that as soon as I post the scriptures, the thread will immediately leave demons and jump to pre-adamic world, but I guess it is necessary.

Isa. 14:12-14

Ez. 28:11-17

Col. 1 :15-18

Pr. 8:22-23

Jn. 1:1

Acts 15:18

Eph 3:9

Col 1:18

Heb 1:10; 11:3

I Jn. 1:1

Rev 1:8; 3:14

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Hr. I just want to appoligise as well, i misunderstood your original posting so I hope I didn't offend you. I had to run off to a meeting but I will catch up on what you all have writen. :whistling: Peace be with you. God Bless.

You did not offend me.

Blessings.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Matthew 8:28 (snip)

It appears here that the demons are know they are awaiting judgment, in Luke 8 this same incident is recorded and the demons do not want to be thrown into the abyss. It almost seems that these demons could possibly be fallen angels awaiting the judgment spoken of in 2 Peter and Jude. The issue would again be brought back to what is mean by bound by chains of darkness. These passages do not give an absolute clarity on the issue at hand but if they did there would be no discussion.

What is your opinion? As they are "awaiting judgment" do you believe they could be souls of terrible humans or the fallen angels? Is there another possibility?

It is an interesting topic!

.......Whirlwind

As I stand now it appears that demons are the fallen angels. I have yet to be convinced that the gap theory can be supported very strongly, so I will not easily accept a theory that demons come from a pre-adamic race or something else in that theoretical time period. Nor am I completely convinced that demons are from the nephilim, although if they were not fallen angels the nephilim would be interesting to look into. I do however, find it interesting that in the passages I mentioned above do indicate that the demons know their fate and it is destruction, which would be a parallel to the experience of fallen angels.