IGNORED

Methodist Jury Acquits Lesbian Pastor

homebild

Guest Shilo
Shiloh, you are so right. I wonder if this is just another sign of the great apostasy that Paul spoke of which would precede the Anti-Christ???

can there be any doubt?

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN...WE HAVE AN ACCORD...GLORY BE TO GOD :blink::P:D :il: :il: :il:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I am not a current member but attended this church for a family sporting event on the day this story broke. My convictions were so strong I couldn't take it. I had to walk out. I'm sure there will be a division in the church because I met good people in there that probably walk in faith. I'm not sure but I hope they overturn it. The promotion of sin is wrong! There is no argument that will hold water to this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

This is all going as planned....just as in the days of Noah....

Keep looking up cause Jesus is coming soon.

I think I know what you're talking about here, but I am not so sure this is necessarily the answer to the prophecies about the end-times. Apostasy has been going on since the lifetime of the Apostles, and in every generation since! The main thing that has changed, I think, is the popular awareness of the situation.

Every generation since the Apostles has had its own hot-button issue. At one time, it was Gnosticism. In Luther's day, it was Indulgences. Forty years ago, it was women in the Protestant priesthood. In my estimation, many of these churches began teaching a false "gospel" hundreds of years ago.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

This is a milestone for liberals all right. ITs really a milestone in the Travesty and depravity that is affecting the world today. How can someone reconcile themselves to the Word of God and practice such an abomidational sin? Yes we are to Love one another as Christ would and I do love those who have sin (after all don't we all have our own sins in our lives?) but I absolutley refuse to accept the sin itself. That someone who is ordained would reconcile thier lifestyle and make excuses just show how blind that person really is.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

:t2:I just heard of this for the first time on this forum. Scary, I must live under a rock. I go to The Salvation Army as my church and we have doctrines much like the Methodists. But I am positive that The Salvation Army will not be going that route. It feels like this is all happening so fast. I don't understand the thought process of those jury members, or the overseeing bishop. I am puzzled to think of how God is going to use this for His glory, but he will, soon, he will.

God bless you all as you endeavor to seek His will.

Shelby

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I go to The Salvation Army as my church and we have doctrines much like the Methodists. 

Are you sure about that?

You must be aware, the Methodists have an entirely different plan of salvation from the S.A. I wouldn't be so quick to claim a kinship with someone, under those circumstances.

Please understand, this is not to say who's "right" and who's "wrong". I am not a member of either church. But we should all have informed opinions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Steve, if you will, would you tell me what the differences are between the S.A. and the methodist church? At least as far as salvation goes. I am not setting you up, either as I go to a Methodist church and I am sure it varies from one church to another within the Methodist church. So I don't mean what the local church believes, but the Methodist or SA believe as a whole. I am going to believe that you know what these differences are since you made such a blanket statement.

It is important to be informed so please inform us.

Denny

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/26/1962

I go to The Salvation Army as my church and we have doctrines much like the Methodists. 

Are you sure about that?

You must be aware, the Methodists have an entirely different plan of salvation from the S.A. I wouldn't be so quick to claim a kinship with someone, under those circumstances.

Please understand, this is not to say who's "right" and who's "wrong". I am not a member of either church. But we should all have informed opinions.

I know it for a fact. I worshipped at a Salvation Army church for 20 years, until 2-years ago when I moved and became a member of a Methodist Church.

The founder of the Salvation Army, Willliam Booth, actually came from the Methodist. He and John Wesley, founder of the Methodist, shared the same ideas. When I switched to the Methodist church, I couldn't tell any difference from the Salvation Army services, other then that I was in a different building.

Yep - having been a member of both, I can tell you it is a fact, not just an informed opinion.

Steve, if you will, would you tell me what the differences are between the S.A. and the methodist church? At least as far as salvation goes. I am not setting you up, either as I go to a Methodist church and I am sure it varies from one church to another within the Methodist church. So I don't mean what the local church believes, but the Methodist or SA believe as a whole. I am going to believe that you know what these differences are since you made such a blanket statement.

It is important to be informed so please inform us.

Denny

Rafter, there is no difference. As I said in the message above this one, I belong to both.

:blink:I just heard of this for the first time on this forum.  Scary, I must live under a rock. I go to The Salvation Army as my church and we have doctrines much like the Methodists.  But I am positive that The Salvation Army will not be going that route.  It feels like this is all happening so fast.  I don't understand the thought process of those jury members, or the overseeing bishop.  I am puzzled to think of how God is going to use this for His glory, but he will, soon, he will.

God bless you all as you endeavor to seek His will.

Shelby

By the way Shelby, I noticed that was your first post - welcome aboard! What (if you don't mind me asking) territory are you in? I attended the Pontiac Citidal for 20 years, which is part of the S.A's Central Territory.