• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Excellent job so far Shiloh! I am interested in this particular statement --

Just as a side note, and I will get into this in more detail when we look at Tabernacles, but the shephards who were guarding their flocks the night Yeshua was born, were no ordinary shephards. They were Levitical shephards. Their purpose was to keep these flocks pure. These sheep were set aside to be used later for Passover and for other sacrifices as well. They were guarding the sheep in a field in between Jerusalem and Bethlehem.

Please let me know when you post on this particular subject. I generally don't have time to read the threads, but I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the above subject.

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Hey George, I thought you had disappeared from the face of the earth. Please continue to drop in once in a while to YOUR OWN board.

Hey Shiloh, I have taken the liberty of sending canned copies of your two threads to friends whom I think are interested, as I am in what you have been posting. Please continue. I find it quite informative.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest shiloh357
Exodus 12:14

'Now this day will be a memorial to you, and you shall celebrate it as a feast to the Lord; throughout your generations you are to celebrate it as a permanent ordinance.

The festival of Passover, as is true with all of the Festivals, is to be a memorial. The word used for Memorial here is "Zichron" (zih-krone). It comes from Zachar which means "to remember."

Zichron means to look back and to look forward. The festivals are not just things to be remembered. They are rehearsals for something in the future. When the children of Israel celebrated the Festivals, they were to remember what God had done for them in the past, but they were also expected to look forward to what the Festivals indicated was going to happen in the future.

In the same way, for us the Festival cycle is a picture of our final redemption. It is an indicator of what God has planned for us in the days and years to come.

It was not my intention to get into the mechanics of how Passover (or any of the festivals) is celebrated today, but if anyone expresses interest in that, I would be happy to discuss it. There are some interesting insights into the modern celebration of Passover.

Tomorrow, I will begin with the Festival of Unleavened Bread... :t2:

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Sorry Dad Ernie,

With studying Hebrew full time, doing the ministry in Israel, a newborn, being a husband, my time is very limited these days. But I do read the boards everyday, but not so much to post anymore, as to make sure everything is running fine.

Take care and God bless,

George

I never thought about the shepards of Bethlehem being "special" shepherds. Thanks for that insight.

I did know that raising Passover Lambs was THE industry of Bethlehem because of their proximity to Jerusalem (about 6 miles to the south back then)

Isn't it interesting that THE Passover Lamb was born there? :)

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1983

What exactly is the Festival of Unleavened Bread? They have a festival just for bread??? :thumbsup: