IGNORED

Why do atheists assume evolution is fact?

HopesDaughter

Please don't attack me for my ignorance of the answer to this question, I am only trying to understand.

Here's the problem. Atheists don't ASSUME anything. The reason I'm an atheist in the first place is that I STOPPED assuming and began to read and study for myself. The reason atheists BELIEVE that the evolutionary theory is true is because after reading and researching, it makes sense.

Is believing that we came from apes or even plasma less palatable than believing we came from dirt?

It has nothing to do with what is palatable but with what is true. Either there is a God or there isn't. Obviously we are all creatures so how did we get here? Did you witness the creation of the universe? Then we come from different assumptions about those beginings. I can reason and my own common sense tells me that you can't get something from nothing. And BTW if you come to the conclusion there must be a Creator it is a far cry from establishing that this Creator is the God of the Bible. I do believe the Bible though as it lines up quite well with the reality I find myself in.

But still no ounce of proof that ties the truth of the claims of Evolution to some fact that has been observed or tested. It would be like me telling you the Bible is true because the Bible is true. It means absolutely nothing.

i agree you dont get something from nothing...which is why im glad no where in science does something come from nothing

uhm..evolution has been observed numerous times..go back to page 2(i think) i listed alot of them

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please show me evidence of where I might find this transitional ape-man a link between man and chimp. We may share 90-95% chromosones with a monkey but we also share 60-70 % with a banana. :th_frusty: DNA is basic to all things and has nothing to do with common descent.

I don't see anything here that you have copied that speaks to a proven fact about evolution. Matter of fact at the begining your examples instead of giving evidence of evolution they actually argue for design. How can it be a mindless process of random mutation with no intelligence behind when someone is munipulating genes and chromosones of primroses?

Might I also add that within a species there is a threshold or boundary, if you will, that cannot be crossed for that species. It is to say there is only a certain number of times that a species can be manipulated. This was proven by a certain monk with breeding of pea plants. Forgot his name but I can look him up if you are interested.

*edit links*

We do not share 70% of our DNA with Bannanas..that is the oldest damn lie i have heard from creationists..though 70% is high even for this whole hearted fallaacy :th_frusty: its more around 30%..and when youre talking about animals with less genetic code than man that 30% is almost all of the plant's genes..and with man having 300 million genetic markers..70% differance is huge 210million markers to be exact

genes mutate on ther own..given time a beneficial mutation will arise..each person born has about 200 mutations in their genetic codde that was not carried by either parent..and hence is an absolute mutation..several others likely mutate into a gene that a parent had and is thus not shown to be a mutation

hmm genetic scientists who have unraveled the code of the pea..or a monk who may or may not have understood the process of evolution.....but youre welcome to look him up..and then explain this process as the whole scientific community will be stnned by his findings if they are worth their wait in spit

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Evidence. Were is the scientific proof? Where are the fossils of the individuals between each mutation (evolvement)? You can't provide it. Evolution is used by Satan to keep deceiving the lost. But, you can't believe it because you don't believe in Satan. But, he knows you name.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Please don't attack me for my ignorance of the answer to this question, I am only trying to understand.

Here's the problem. Atheists don't ASSUME anything. The reason I'm an atheist in the first place is that I STOPPED assuming and began to read and study for myself. The reason atheists BELIEVE that the evolutionary theory is true is because after reading and researching, it makes sense.

Is believing that we came from apes or even plasma less palatable than believing we came from dirt?

It has nothing to do with what is palatable but with what is true. Either there is a God or there isn't. Obviously we are all creatures so how did we get here? Did you witness the creation of the universe? Then we come from different assumptions about those beginings. I can reason and my own common sense tells me that you can't get something from nothing. And BTW if you come to the conclusion there must be a Creator it is a far cry from establishing that this Creator is the God of the Bible. I do believe the Bible though as it lines up quite well with the reality I find myself in.

But still no ounce of proof that ties the truth of the claims of Evolution to some fact that has been observed or tested. It would be like me telling you the Bible is true because the Bible is true. It means absolutely nothing.

i agree you dont get something from nothing...which is why im glad no where in science does something come from nothing

uhm..evolution has been observed numerous times..go back to page 2(i think) i listed a crap load of them

What I meant to write was that if you start with nothing, 20 billion years from now you will still have nothing. I don't need to go back. Molecular biology has already disproven Darwinism because there are systems that exsit at the molecular level that could not evolve. For to remove just one part of the system would render it useless or kill it all together. The eye is one example.

But let's just say as of yet we do not know anything about irreducible complexty. Nothing you had written precludes that we were not created. You of course, would take the other side and assume we evolved, correct? All you can espouse to me is what the acedemic elite in their arrogance have told you which is that Evolution is true.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

There has never been an explosion yet that created order.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Evidence. Were is the scientific proof? Where are the fossils of the individuals between each mutation (evolvement)? You can't provide it. Evolution is used by Satan to keep deceiving the lost. But, you can't believe it because you don't believe in Satan. But, he knows you name.

The fossil record is almost non existant as far as the ammount of animals who truly lived..if every animal who ever lived fossilsised, we would be up to our necks in fossils, but less than 1% or 1% of animals ever die in situations that allow them to be fossilised..and even smaller number yet die in locations that allow erosion or road work or building construction for them ever to be found. The average person can not ttrace their family lineage back past 4 generations, what you demand is simpley not feasable given the realities of the fossil record and how paleontology works

we can however..trace our lineage back to DNA..fossils arent even the best evidence for evolution..theyre just most visual

uhm..evolution has been observed numerous times..go back to page 2(i think) i listed a crap load of them

What I meant to write was that if you start with nothing, 20 billion years from now you will still have nothing. I don't need to go back. Molecular biology has already disproven Darwinism because there are systems that exsit at the molecular level that could not evolve. For to remove just one part of the system would render it useless or kill it all together. The eye is one example.

But let's just say as of yet we do not know anything about irreducible complexty. Nothing you had written precludes that we were not created. You of course, would take the other side and assume we evolved, correct? All you can espouse to me is what the acedemic elite in their arrogance have told you which is that Evolution is true.

like the bacterial flaggelum? the immune system? all have very easy to understand evolutionary tails..dont trust a damn thing ken ham or the discovery institute or answers in genesis tells you about them..if you really dnt beleive me..maybe you could read the transcripts of the dover pensylvania trial when the immune system and bacterial flagellum came up..ken miller did an excellent job of intellectually pounding the discovery institue into the ground on those two issues

the big bang wasnt an explosion it was a rapid expansion of space time, caused by the debstabilization of a proto atom that lay outside our univserse

the big bang's name is a bit of a misnomer and several people would love to see it renamed something else because so many people think it is an explosion..but its not even close

. Evolution is used by Satan to keep deceiving the lost.

Interesting. Did Satan plant all those nasty fossils?

No. The fossils are real. But fossils don't prove evolution, only extinction of species. Your sarcasm is uncalled for and unappreciated. :laugh:

. Evolution is used by Satan to keep deceiving the lost.

Interesting. Did Satan plant all those nasty fossils?

No. The fossils are real. But fossils don't prove evolution, only extinction of species. Your sarcasm is uncalled for and unappreciated. :emot-pray:

Ah, sorry about the saracasm.

But you seem to be suggesting that the hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of scientists who are studying evolution are somehow being "used by Satan".

There are by the way, many fossils of extant species as well.

A question---You agree that fossils show that, for example, T rex is extinct. When did that extinction take place?

No, again, I didn't say that. I say what I mean, so please don't put words in my mouth. I said that Satan is using evolution to trick people into thinking that there was no intellegent design and/or God. I truely believe that scientists think that the earth is billions of years old. They believe that there is evidence.

What do fossils of existing species have to do with this debate?

Extinction of species took place between the time God created the heavens and the earth - and all living things - and today. That's about 6,000 year, I seem to recall.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The fossil record is almost non existant as far as the ammount of animals who truly lived..if every animal who ever lived fossilsised, we would be up to our necks in fossils, but less than 1% or 1% of animals ever die in situations that allow them to be fossilised..and even smaller number yet die in locations that allow erosion or road work or building construction for them ever to be found. The average person can not ttrace their family lineage back past 4 generations, what you demand is simpley not feasable given the realities of the fossil record and how paleontology works

we can however..trace our lineage back to DNA..fossils arent even the best evidence for evolution..theyre just most visual

like the bacterial flaggelum? the immune system? all have very easy to understand evolutionary tails..dont trust a damn thing ken ham or the discovery institute or answers in genesis tells you about them..if you really dnt beleive me..maybe you could read the transcripts of the dover pensylvania trial when the immune system and bacterial flagellum came up..ken miller did an excellent job of intellectually pounding the discovery institue into the ground on those two issues

the big bang wasnt an explosion it was a rapid expansion of space time, caused by the debstabilization of a proto atom that lay outside our univserse

the big bang's name is a bit of a misnomer and several people would love to see it renamed something else because so many people think it is an explosion..but its not even close

What does Ken Ham have to do with it? You are the one giving the excuses as to why the evidence is not there. You are actually admiting there is no evdence for evolution. You can't even admit that science (including youself) has to make certain assumptions so that it can collect data to prove and disprove the assumption. Darwin Himself said: "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely breack down." Well Darwin set the logical paramaters and now we know the truth. Do you admit it? No you do like most good evolutionists you ignore evidence hence this thread. IDers play by the scientific rules you keep trying to change them than you accuse us of operating on the basis of faith not science

"the big bang wasnt an explosion it was a rapid expansion of space time, caused by the debstabilization of a proto atom that lay outside our univserse

the big bang's name is a bit of a misnomer and several people would love to see it renamed something else because so many people think it is an explosion..but its not even close"

Now how can we devise a test to what you have written. It is a downright dogmatic statement of faith!

Edited by HopesDaughter

I guess I'm just lying for Jesus. Since you are condescending to people, like HopesDaughter, and slandering my Savior (with the lie comment), I'm done debating with you.

Edited by Brandon's Popo