IGNORED

Why do atheists assume evolution is fact?

HopesDaughter

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Brandon's pop,

I am merely using this as an alternate reference. There are enough passages in the NT to show that Jesus tells us tht 'whatever we ask God will give' Now, Creationism is entirely founded on the principle the the Bible is the exact and complete word of God. Accepting creationism is fine as it doesn't actually make and physical difference to a person/ By contrast, accepting the concept that God will answer prayers and in particular heal people and if people actually believe the Bible is as I describe above, thne clearly they don't need a health Service.

My point is t look critically at the attitude of trust people have wen an issue makes a difference to them or not. I think that for man who accept Creationism, the belief is not strong enough for trusting for medical matters and this reveals how much belief people really have.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Brandon's pop,

I am merely using this as an alternate reference. There are enough passages in the NT to show that Jesus tells us tht 'whatever we ask God will give' Now, Creationism is entirely founded on the principle the the Bible is the exact and complete word of God. Accepting creationism is fine as it doesn't actually make and physical difference to a person/ By contrast, accepting the concept that God will answer prayers and in particular heal people and if people actually believe the Bible is as I describe above, thne clearly they don't need a health Service.

My point is t look critically at the attitude of trust people have wen an issue makes a difference to them or not. I think that for man who accept Creationism, the belief is not strong enough for trusting for medical matters and this reveals how much belief people really have.

You better hope you never get cancer then. More than likely, your faith won't be "strong enough" for God to heal you. Then, we'll watch how fast you run to modern medicine for treatment. Oh, and don't forget that God gave the people who came up with these treatments and drugs the knowledge that they have. Will you have enough faith in them to cure you? I just shake my head when "Christians" (of which I am one) place illness and it's outcome at the feet of God. Sin brought sickness to earth, and God brought healing, whether by Him or by man's knowledge. It has nothing to do with the amount of faith one has.

you've still got this the wrong way round, Brandon's Pop.I am using the contrast against those who claim the Bible is right and Creationsism is true. I do not hold that position - I accept the truth of evolution - an explanation that works and of course one that doesn't exclude God at all as some on this board claim.

As for the healing part, I suspect to avoid getting into trouble we had better not discuss that any more on this thread though I would be delighted to carry it on in a new thread.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Jukia:

It doesn't have to be cows and dinosaurs - first off, even if cows and dinosaurs lived together on earth today, what's the likeliehood that they'd be together geographically?

How about just animals that should not, according to evolution, be living at the same time. There are many examples of such graveyards.

Here's one.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/...h3-how-fast.asp

I accept the truth of evolution

Why do you feel it works? -other than the majority of scientists cling to it and it's taught as fact as to brainwash from a very early age.

When it comes to dinosaur extinction, there are varying theories, and each may hold some evidence to support it. (depending of course, on how you want to look at it.)

There are varying theories that are allowed to be considered and published.

Have you ever wondered why...

It okay for scientists to believe that an astroid wiped them out?

It okay for other scientists to believe that volcanoes and earthquakes wiped them out?

It okay to adhere to the theory that ozone depletion wiped them out?

It okay to believe the artic spillover theory wiped them out?

(and these are not ALL of the acceptable theories)

But it's NOT okay for those scientists who believe that a global flood, which caused earthquakes and volcanoes, wiped them out, even though those who adhere to THIS belief, can also provide proof to support this claim?

It's NOT okay to consider the evidence for such?

It's NOT okay to have peer reviewed articles published?

Think about this philosophically.

Also, are you able to consider the fact that although there are many varying 'accepted' theories on dinosaur extinction, the fact that there are various theories, means that there is no answer that is obviously correct?

Do you realize that there is LOTS of room for interpretation? That's basically all I want to know.

but where is the evidence for the global floods? I don't mean in the Bible I mean on the ground.

If you are not sure try

but where is the evidence for the global floods? I don't mean in the Bible I mean on the ground.

If you are not sure try this.

Wheels:

That's one article that I suppose you beleive discounts all of the work of the creation scientists over the last hundred years or so.

Well, it doesn't.

There are many problems with this and I could post many articles to refute this article, but I won't.

Let me start with just one - the article mentions that it took millions of years for these rock varves to form, yet we witnessed the same type of activity happening in one year when Mount St. Helen's erupted.