IGNORED

Looking for Your Thoughts...

Guest Zany

I have been a Christian since 98 and I am active and have a strong relationship with Christ. However, I have an area in my life that I can't seem to develop. I pray, listen, praise, intercede and ask from God in those prayers. I never seem to hear (perceive) what Christ is telling me or what His plan is for me. I am trying to find out what Christ's plan is with me. I am at a crossroads and I have a decision to make about what I want to do with my life, and I have been praying for almost a year trying to find out which direction He wants me to take and I hear nothing. I read my scriptures daily, but my choices are not between good and evil. Any of the choices would be pleasing to God, but I am not sure what to do. How do you know what God wants of you?

Hey howzit going Zany.

You know there is something that I take comfort in when I make descisions. The bible says that the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord. So here's the first thing - make sure you are righteous. Thererafter everything is plain sailing - why? Well if we make a wrong descision, God has to be faithful to His Word and order your steps back onto the right path. In other words ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, IS MAKE THE BEST DESCISION AT THAT TIME. If its right then great! If its wrong then great - God will correct your desision and bring circumstances in line with the way it should be!! Cool hey??? Remember the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step...... Good luck man!!

I have been a Christian since 98 and I am active and have a strong relationship with Christ. However, I have an area in my life that I can't seem to develop. I pray, listen, praise, intercede and ask from God in those prayers. I never seem to hear (perceive) what Christ is telling me or what His plan is for me. I am trying to find out what Christ's plan is with me. I am at a crossroads and I have a decision to make about what I want to do with my life, and I have been praying for almost a year trying to find out which direction He wants me to take and I hear nothing. I read my scriptures daily, but my choices are not between good and evil. Any of the choices would be pleasing to God, but I am not sure what to do. How do you know what God wants of you?

Hey howzit going Zany.

You know there is something that I take comfort in when I make descisions. The bible says that the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord. So here's the first thing - make sure you are righteous. Thererafter everything is plain sailing - why? Well if we make a wrong descision, God has to be faithful to His Word and order your steps back onto the right path. In other words ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, IS MAKE THE BEST DESCISION AT THAT TIME. If its right then great! If its wrong then great - God will correct your desision and bring circumstances in line with the way it should be!! Cool hey??? Remember the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step...... Good luck man!!

Hey howzit going Zany.

Nailuj,

Thank you so much!! :-) That make a lot of sense. I have asked this question often over the years, and no one has given me that answer. I don't think I need to ask it again due to you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi there

Hearing God's voice is a fascinating subject and one that can be achieved / answered.

Take Samuel as an example. When he was younger [1 Samuel 3] he got God's voice mixed up with Eli's voice [the priest] - which is both good and bad news! Good in that God's voice sounds normal and bad in that God's voice sounds normal! In Samuels case it was obvious thatGod and Eli sounded similar.

But keep reading - when you get to 1 Samual 16 [i think] when he was about to anoint one of Jesse's sons we get a glimpse of an 'in the head' conversation between Samuel and God where Samuel guesses the 'wrong' son and God said [my memory not specific quote] - Man looks on the outside but I look on the heart - so Samuel asked if there were any more sons - and they sent for David.

So it can be learnt.

Happy to explain some more [i do a preach on this topic based on Jonah]

Nigel

down under

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Looking for Advise

Example of this... I was attending seminary in 95 (120 mile commute) ,fulfilling the role of interim pastor at a small Baptist church (30 miles in the other direction), working full-time as a fast food manager, and fulfilling the role as husband and father to 3 elementary aged children. I was crying out to God to please call me to a church so I can get out from all this pressure. I know it has got to be your will, but you will not tell me the next step. If you would just tell me the plan please. This went on for 6 months with no clarity. One day at my fast food job that I hated, it occured to me that I was studying for the ministry and concentrating on my time in the pulpit on Sunday which was my vocational goal. But God had me as a manager to young underpaid, unmarried mothers and was doing nothing to impact them for Christ. Why because it was a distraction to all the other things I wanted to do for God. I prayed for God to make me effective where I was at and I would be obedient. Content to minister where I was at...at that moment. I started seeing a few of those young ladies come to know Christ, and a few hearts return to God who were rebellious. The all of a sudden a church out of no where called and they made me their pastor. The location fo the church nor the opportunity was actively sought by me. I didn't have to kick the door down or agonize, just determined to be faithful where I was at and follow the hand of God with the situation I was currently in. Leave the driving to the master. Like the kid in the backseat, "are we there yet?" God says, "don't you worry about that, you wouldn't understand how we got there any way, but you will enjoy it when we get there."

Outstanding testimony! :blink:

This is similar to a lesson the Lord taught me. Thank God that He never changes.

I'm in a similar situation (like many of us).

I too have spent a lot of time praying about it, but didn't seem to be getting anywhere. It was like the Lord was being silent on the subject. There wasn't a "yes", "no", or "wait". There was just silence. It drove me nuts.

Then I ran across the verses where it says "the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord." It was during my devotional time and the verses lit up like they were in neon or something. I also realized that while I was praying (which is good), I wasn't doing anything in pursuit of the goal. It dawned on me that those in the Bible all had to do something. David asked God if they should go up to a battle -- but he and his men still had to GO. God gave them the victory, but they still had to show up for the battle.

I started praying for doors to open in the right direction the Lord wanted me to go. Like you, I have 3 possibilities for a new career. This is still a work in progress, but one of my 3 choices is no longer open, much less possible. That brings it down to 2 - which is progress. So now I am going through the process in pursuit of the other 2. The main thing I got from this is that now I've done my part: the apps are in. I've done all I can do at this point in time. The rest is up to the Lord.

This has been my experience in dealing with something like this, anyway. But our steps are ordered by the Lord. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello Zanny,

I've been a Follower of Jesus for a long time also, and I have found that God wants me to serve right wehre I am.

I only need to be available and do what is at hand to do......and to me that is God's will for me.

Ash......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

You might read "The Purpose Driven Life" it is helpful in this area.