IGNORED

The Perfection of the Church

Guest Steve101

Guest shadow2b
-I wasted too many years in that pursuit, and have learned so much more since I quit leaning to my own understanding not only of Greek, and Hebrew, but also trying to interpret according to what I understand.

-2 Pet 1:20

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Aaturtle.gifAalook.gificon_speech_duh.gif-sO yuse quit tryin to{interpret??}- :sweating: the scriptures & just READ & ACCEPT what they"clearly"state"NOW??---GREAT-I-DEE--That denotes a man of great distinction-& in-telly-gentstophat.gifI reckon :bright: - :t3: :t3:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steve101

The Church will not be affected by

false doctrines and Satan's cunning craftiness, for its members will be so closely knit together that the pure nourishment will flow from one to another just as nourishment is supplied to every cell and tissue of the natural body.

The unity and purity will be so great that it will attract the attention of others, just as the queen of Sheba was moved to come to Solomon's kingdom to see and hear for herself. But, instead of returning to their old habitation, they will remain to make increase of the body.

Paul is very definite about the manner in which the glorious state of perfection is to be attained. Using the illustration of the love of husbands for their wives, he says:

* * . Even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

"That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

"That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (Ephesians 5:25-27)

Then, that there be no misunderstanding as to what he meant, be said, "I speak concerning Christ and the church."

It was Christ who organized the Church. He ordained and trained the first ministers. His last and great commission to them was:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you . . ." (Matthew 28:19, 20)

From these Scriptures we can readily see that Christ's work of cleansing and sanctifying and perfecting the Church is to be done by His ministers. The cleansing will result from the application of, and obedience to, the Word of God preached by the ministry. A glorious or perfect Church is the purpose and goal in it all.

There can be no perfection outside the Church, but only greater and increasing confusion, because, outside the Church

there is no government to insure unity of faith and doctrine. In Noah's day, the work of obedience and perfection was centered around the ark. If others were eligible to be saved, they had plenty of opportunity to submit to God's requirements as preached by Noah. All who would not do so perished in the flood. In Solomon's time, all interested parties had opportunity to seek the source of wisdom and receive answers to all their questions. Those who came were not disappointed, but were rather left speechless,

In the perfecting time, the Church will answer all necessary questions. The simplicity of the answers may be a stumblingblock to those who are expecting something else. It must be remembered that Christ, the Head, in His time on earth, was a stone of stumbling to those who looked for a show of pomp and majesty. His majesty and power were within. His kingdom came not with observation. God hid His true greatness from the wise and prudent and revealed it unto babes.

My understanding of the scriptures is that the church will only get worse as the end of days draws nearer. It would be nice if what you said is true but it's simply not in the Bible....

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the [Or falling away from the faith] apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

1 Timothy 4:1

But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

Guest Steve101

:rofl: Church's perfection will be seen in its purity and obedience. Its glory will be seen by those who know what true glory is. Its truth will be recognized by those who know God's Word and tremble at it in contriteness of heart. (Isaiah 66:2) Its members will be those who have purified themselves even as Christ is pure, for they will see Him as He is. (I John 3:2, 3)

This will be the perfect Church which will be raptured as one body, leaving this present wicked world system behind to endure the great tribulation. At this time, thousands of saved people, spoken of by Jesus as "other sheep" not yet of the one fold, are not in the Church. But they are becoming restless and dissatisfied. The Spirit is moving them. They will gather themselves together and come to the Church to be perfected just before the return of the Lord.

The day is at hand. The hour is growing late. The true children of God that are scattered abroad are beginning to hear the Good Shepherd's voice. They are feeling the gentle touch of the Holy Ghost guiding them into all truth. More and more are becoming aware that the Church is here in operation, ready to receive them.

"The Spirit and the bride say, Come." Amen!

Guest Calamity
The Church will not be affected by

false doctrines and Satan's cunning craftiness, for its members will be so closely knit together that the pure nourishment will flow from one to another just as nourishment is supplied to every cell and tissue of the natural body.

Then why were we warned so much about false teaching and false prophets?

Matt.7

[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matt.24

[11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Luke.6

[26] Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

2Pet.2

[1] But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1John.4

[1] Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Guest Calamity
This will be the perfect Church which will be raptured as one body, leaving this present wicked world system behind to endure the great tribulation. At this time, thousands of saved people, spoken of by Jesus as "other sheep" not yet of the one fold, are not in the Church. But they are becoming restless and dissatisfied. The Spirit is moving them. They will gather themselves together and come to the Church to be perfected just before the return of the Lord.

John.10

[16] And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

It is my understanding that the other sheep not of "this fold" are the ones who are to be saved later, like us, for example. All the saved are part of the Church. All the saved are the elect. All the saved are part of the Body of Christ. All the saved will be raptured, whenever that occurs. None of the saved, no human being in their mortal, fleshly body, will be perfected. Only after we are gone from here, and in our new body, will we ever attain that.

my understanding of history informs me that throughout all the ages only 1 man was ever perfect. Not sure how this guy thinks we are going to change "en masse"?

I've heard this pleasant dream before but I still don't see any proof of it ever happening....before Jesus settles accounts.