• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

We use to rent out to a church family who were seventh day adventists on Saturdays. I use to be in there to quietly prepare certain things for Sunday a.m. They cannot be a cult...they do not deny Jesus, in deiety or virgin birth. I have worked with a few and tried not to put them on schedules for Saturdays.

This is of course some time ago and I am not sure if Saturday worship is still adhered to. But if I put a person to work on a Saturday if I had to..they would show up happy and know that thry will not be held responsible by the Lord.

Another belief is the value of certain scripture. Some who had been repeated at least three times or more had more value, Jemdude can perhaps tell me if it still in practice. Ahh Walter Martin....I miss him,

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

They are listed by many as a cult. Let the Word determine that for you. But, there is a reason to question.

Who is Ellen White? who claimed she couldn't read but plagiarized other Christian authors materials she claimed were given her by Divine revelation.

How many times has your group predicted the end of the world?

Isn't true that your dogma teaches that Hell doesn't exist and Heaven must earned by the keeping of the Sabbath and baptism in your church?

Is it true that you believe our sins will be placed on Satan?

If these things said about your sect are not true, then there is reason to believe you are a Christian sect. If they are true, you might be some fine moral people, but not Christian.

Do you have any response to the preceding questions?

No one is calling anyone a liar, these are honest questions that haven't been anwered. I will respect the answers, but these are defining questions. The idenity of Jesus is certainly an important question. But that does not alone define orthodoxy. The Trinity separates and defines many cults. SDA however have extrabiblical writings treated as Revelation, that is where the curosity begins.

Just one false prophet and the whole of adventists are wrong? Do you have to adhere to her tachings still? Anyway not every s.d.a. are fundlementalists..... How do you classify a cult David.

There are nutcases in christianity and flakey people but I sure hope I am not judged because of them.

Just one false prophet and the whole of adventists are wrong? Do you have to adhere to her tachings still? Anyway not every s.d.a. are fundlementalists..... How do you classify a cult David.

There are nutcases in christianity and flakey people but I sure hope I am not judged because of them.

First, Patrica do you attend a SDA church? I don't believe any adherent in good standing would question Ellen White? By the truest definition we all belong to a cult. If you mean how do define orthodox Christian belief that is another question?

So you would agree that non-Sabbath keepers are going to Heaven?

So you would agree that non-Sabbath keepers are going to Heaven?

God may permit a person into Heaven who may have been unaware of a commandment he or she should have been observing. But if they knowingly refuse to obey God's commandments, then God might deny them Heaven.

In saying this, I do not want to make it appear as if the Sabbath is the most important doctrine. It is one of the important teachings along with God's other commandments. A person who truly loves Jesus will naturally want to obey him and that person will be in Heaven. While a person who claims to love Jesus, but refuses to obey him will not be in Heaven.

Is that not grace plus works?

Apparantly you missed my other post about allowing the rental of these fine people.

Are we talking in general dictionary terms of a cult? I do not belong to any cult or organization or adhere to any organazational rules that are not biblical.

If seven day adventists adhere to the teachings of a person other than Jesus and the word of God...you consider that a cult.

I consider a cult to be one who denies Christ for who he is. That is another reason Walter martin did not classify them as a cult. Yes I knew walter martin. And yes I have attended their churches and baptism...not as a member though..never heard mention of white....

Thanks for engaging me in the conversation about your beliefs.