IGNORED

A Solar Grand Plan

But you are likely right; I envision some kind of "alternative energy" tax or something.

I'm sure Gore and his crew will try to come up with taxes for us to pay. :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

One problem with this proposal though, our entire Electricity infrastructure would have to be replaced with DC, Edison tried that and failed, it's a very expensive infrastructure to build. We stuck with the Tesla-Westhinghouse system instead and here we are, proposing to go back to Edison's form of distribution but now it will cost hundreds of billions of dollars. To change over to a Wind and Solar energy source for this country will be extremely expensive, which is what the government will use as an excuse to tax us for free energy.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.82
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Don't bite my head over what I am about to say. :th_praying: Make big oil pay for it. They make trillions of $ every year on the backs of the poor and the working class. :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Who exactly is going to pay for this?

I don't believe that global warming is as serious as what many believe, but then again, we should still be taking care of the enviornmnet. But this comes at a cost that many will not be willing to pay. I would pay it, but they had better shape up the government soon, stop wasting money, and then I will possibly listen to what they have to say.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

this sounds good...but not.. call me pessimistic but 1/3 of the sun will be gone at some point and if a nuclear blast occurs nothing in a car at all will work....I like the old ford trucks perferably one that works.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

While solar power will not be able to solve the need for gasoline and diesel power for automobiles, it would go a long way towards reducing overall consumption. I am all for a greater move towards solar energy, as well as wind powered generators. This is one area where I think most people can agree. There really is no down side to using solar power.

:thumbsup: I lived on solar power and wind generated power for several years. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was NOT to get a power bill every month. It's not perfect, and there are problems with solar power, but, as butero has said, it's the absolute right idea, a step in the right direction: lessening our dependence on foreign sources of power.

Agreed, but I guarantee you if we move that way, someone will figure out a way to charge us for it

you got that right. :thumbsup: