• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

THE FEAST OF WEEKS (PENTECOST)

In the days of Moses, God established the land bridge to freedom that enabled the Israelites to journey forward toward the Promised Land. Along the way, they reached the wilderness of Sinai and camped by its holy mountain. Exactly fifty days after the Israelites crossed the Red Sea, God met with them at Mount Sinai.

BOOM!!! This is IMO the inherent flaw. This is your weak point in everything that you have thus posted so far, and I have questioned it in previous replies.

It is clear within the Torah they left upon the 15th of the first month [cf Num 33]. However, based upon your prior posts you have established that they crossed the Red Sea 3 days later, or on the third day. I do not remember exactly how you stated it.

So let's do the math:

Departed 1.15 [1.15 = 15th day of the first month]

Red Sea 1.18

Arrival at Sinai 3:15 [cf Exo 19:1 third month, same day: ie 3:15]

Note: The 50 days are counted in inclusively.

Here is were this part completely collapses upon you.

If we count from the 1:18 inclusive of 1:18 we arrive at 3.7 [based upon a 29 day month] or 3.8 [30 day month].

If we count to "the same day" assuming that to be 3:15, we have 57 days. If we count until three days later when Moses actually ascends the mountain, we have 60 days.

Now, for the benefit of the doubt, if we assume Exodus 19:1 as being 3:1 [i do not agree with this, I am merely laying it out for a complete assessment] we have only 43 days.

This my brother is something that really needs to be addressed. Not only here, but in several areas your theory while good does not completely hold up. I have even laid the basic math out in previous replies for you.

Your number one problem in this, is the same mistake that so many others seem to inherently make: They feel a need to tie Shavuot within the Feast of Unleavened. As soon as you can allow yourself to let go of that fallacy you will be free and be able to piece all this together with less struggle.

If we closely examine Leviticus 23, you will see that while Shavuot is spoken of immediately following Unleavened, there is nothing that directly ties Shavuot as having to begin within the week of Unleavened.

I sincerely hope you will indeed look into this. I know it will require a little work, as well as some editing to your webpage, but I sincerely encourage you brother to do so...

This descent of God on Mount Sinai

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JESUS THE HIGH PRIEST AND THE STORY OF MARY

Why couldn

Oh yeah...

And Revel...

:) Akhi [My Brother] :)

I truly and deeply appreciate your time and effort into this. May your dedication of this thread unto this woman indeed be a blessing to both her and you. You are dearly loved...

I finally remembered: Take a good look at Shavuot within the context of the NT. The endpoint of the 50 days is very clear, so all you have to do is to work back from there. Hint: Acts 2:1.

I am sincerely interested as to what point you end up with as the start of the 50 days. At that point, I will give you a brief overview from my perspective. Perhaps from there we can together work back and put this into perspective with regard to the rest.

In His love,

Richard

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hello Richard,

Well, that was quite a response!!

At this point in the program I guess it is my turn to critique your critique... In doing so, I will call upon Hebrew scholars... and the Scriptures....

But, first, in keeping with the central theme of this thread...

We as Christ's church can trust the words of Christ:

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. (Matt. 12:40)

"Good Friday" is a hoax.

While we can trust the words of Christ, it becomes obvious that we cannot blindly trust the words of our religious ancestors.

The integrity of divine revelation is at stake.

And now, a word about our spiritual past...

What actually happened to the church late in the first century?

What did Paul say?

You know that everyone in the province of Asia has deserted me. (2 Tim. 1:15)

Paul wrote this second letter to Timothy in about A.D. 67.

What did John say?

I [John] wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us. So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church. (3 John 9, 10)

John revealed the mind-set of a church leader so twisted that he rejected not only an apostle but also cast Christ

At this point in the program I guess it is my turn to critique your critique... In doing so, I will call upon Hebrew scholars... and the Scriptures....

I shall indeed look forward to it.

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. (Matt. 12:40)

<snip>

I have never stated otherwise. In fact I have supported it completely. This is rather moot as a rebuttal.

Richard: I will respond to some of your critique on this thread.... that which applies to the theme of this thread. Everything else we can address in via direct email with one another. I do appreciate your zeal.

Hello Richard,

Please know that my last post was not my critique of your critique.

My statement about 3 days and 3 nights is not relevant to you... I stated it in contrast to the theme of the post: our religious ancestors...

The last post sets the stage for my upcoming post... which is the beginning of my critique.

God bless.

revel

Please know that my last post was not my critique of your critique.

My statement about 3 days and 3 nights is not relevant to you... I stated it in contrast to the theme of the post: our religious ancestors...

The last post sets the stage for my upcoming post... which is the beginning of my critique.

Hello Richard,

I recalled your opening post on this thread...

I shall look forward to reviewing your submittal.

Since your initial post, I submitted many Scriptures.

Prior to our upcoming discussion, would you be so kind as to share with us:

1. What you did agree with.

2. What blessed you.

3. Was there anything you saw in the Scriptures that you hadn't seen before... that blessed you?

Let us begin where we rejoice together!!

God bless your heart.

revel

Edited by Revel

Hello Richard,

I recalled your opening post on this thread...

I shall look forward to reviewing your submittal.

Hi Revel,

Yes, that was it.

Since your initial post, I submitted many Scriptures.

Yes you have. Likewise I have replied many times.

Prior to our upcoming discussion, would you be so kind as to share with us:

1. What you did agree with.

2. What blessed you.

3. Was there anything you saw in the Scriptures that you hadn't seen before... that blessed you?

As for what I agreed with. That is relatively evident within my replies.

A couple of places I stated being in accord, or at least in accord with the 'gist' of what you were presenting.

If I did not post a critique, then I was in accord with a possible exception. I noticed in reviewing the thread that I missed at least one of your posts. Even now, as it was when I noticed it, it has been long enough that I will not go dig it back out. If I missed it, I missed it and so it shall remain.

While I would love to be able to tell you that something you presented was new to me, or a POV that I have never seen considered, I can not.

In this thread, the only item that was new, was the point made by Sheya Joie. One which I am still considering and will continue to consider until the next time I dig deep into this matter and either nullify or verify her point. IMO: It is a point of some merit.

Let us begin where we rejoice together!!

God bless your heart.

There is much we are in accord or near in accord upon. From the outset of this, I could foresee what was to come in regard to your view upon Shavuot, it is this view that permeates that rest of what you write.

You also come across as slightly unsure with regard to Shavuot, I do not mean this in a negative manner. I simply state it in that from the outset of this until now, I have noticed little things in your writings that reveal this. Again, this is not a negative thing nor a put-down. It is very positive and I am confident that once you are strengthened in this regard, the rest will fall into place.

May your blessings return unto you twice fold, be blessed my brother,

Richard