• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

God is (should be) the most important thing in our lives. Nothing should come between you and your walk with Him. If you are unable to convince him to go with you, than you have to decide who is more important. You should set the example if your mate won't. That's just my opinion and I may get burnt by it.

Rick

It is good advice Rick, and I completely understand what you are saying about putting the Lord first. I mean it makes perfect sense.

For some of us though, when our "he-men" aren't saved, or are in a different 'place' spiritually, a different approach is sometimes necessary. I know in my situation I COULD NOT figure it out on my own it was the Lord who revealed this to me (so I can't take one single ounze of credit for it :emot-hug: ) Last year (1 year before my hubby got saved) I was crying out to God (yet again) why isn't it happening, why oh why Lord when will he see and understand? God said, "you are more concerned about BEING right ... than DOING right (obedience to God); which do you want? Do you want to BE right or do you want to DO right?" .... :emot-hug: ... that face is EXACTLY what I must have looked like to God. Then He explained it to me. Yes, I am right in what I understand about Him and His book, however, hubby is not concerned about this stuff, not one bit. So when you take away 'being right' what are you left with ... :emot-crying:

and thats when the truth in 1 Peter 3 really sunk in for me. God was MORE concerned about my hubby's walk (or lack of walk and lack of salvation) than He was about me BEING right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Absolutely. And that is when it is so important to be an example to your husband. Remember what Christ said in Mark 8:34 "He called the multitude to himself with his disciples, and said to them, "Whoever wants to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me"" and in Luke 9:23 "He said to all, "If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me."" (WEB) IMHO, I believe that being obedient to God, by worshipping Him at the small group, will allow your hubby to see God's work in you and want that same growth and blessing that come from obedience.