• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

You know I find that argument to be completely inadequate and irresponsible. I'm sorry if you think that you need to be armed or that the gun is a tool and the person is the problem. But since in your opinion a gun is simply a tool (mind you one which purpose is for destruction) I'll give you this analogy.

Suppose I were to use you logic, (based on what you just wrote), I could simply place a bunch of land mines on my yard under the grass (because its a tool). Put up a NO TRESPASSERS sign and then scoff at any one who thinks that my actions had anything to do with any deaths that might result afterwards. A child who trips into my lawn while learning to ride a bike, a dog who tries to pee under my tree.. some young adults playing street football and step into my yard.

If the gun wasn't available to these youth, they wouldn't have been so high on their thoughts of power to control people and do something like this.

The title of this topic is in response to this previous topic.

Yes, people that don't wish to make the people responsible for their acts usually do think it is an inadequate and irresponsible argument. The "let's get rid of guns and crime will evaporate over-night" crowd has gotten us to where we are today. Blame guns, blame society, blame TV, blame video games, blame hot coffee. Blame anything and everyone except the one who is responsible, and that is the one who does the killing. Don't make them pay or punish them, just get rid of guns and it's instant utopia. It's gun control's easy button.

Your analogy proves my point. Who placed the land mines in the yard in your scenario? They magically appeared there? No, you placed them there, so the fault in any injury that results in one being stepped on lies squarely with you, and not the mines themselves. People used planes on 911 to kill thousands of people. Do we ban airplanes? Were the airplanes to blame for that? If someone uses a brick to cave in someone's skull, do we ban bricks? The fact remains that the blame for any crime lies with the person committing it, not any object they used to commit the crime. Banning guns will not stop crime. Making the punishment for a person committing violent crimes too horrible to contemplate is the only thing that will deter crime.

I am not of the opionin that the problem will rid itself overnight. Its incredible that some people (I'm not suggesting you) think that this is what I meant when I say that guns are a problem when citizens can own them. I'm making the opinion that there is a certain demonic activity that is alive in society and just as Jackie said, we need to recognize and work into bringing everyone into the awareness of the truth in Christ. Thats the only way problems in our society regarding violent crimes will be solved. Its amazing how many professed Christians dont believe in demons and demonic activity! But for citizens to have guns and to suddenly make it available to the immature young adults in the household with high emotions. Or even more dangerous, in the hands of a non-believer brainwashed by society's influences instead of God's Love. Wow.. that is just scary!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh people!!

I have somewhere to go, Jackie ur invite.. http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress....-rain-flood.jpg lol!!

I really think we should all take Blien up on the invitation...have you guys seen the pic?...it is so cute

yeah but ten minutes have come and gone... the ark already sailed!

I'm writing from the ark on my mobile.. hehehe, just kidding. :emot-fail:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Oh people!!

I have somewhere to go, Jackie ur invite.. http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress....-rain-flood.jpg lol!!

I really think we should all take Blien up on the invitation...have you guys seen the pic?...it is so cute

well let's try again, maybe he had another stop to make :emot-fail:

Oh people!!

I'm writing from my mobile.. hehehe, just kidding. :emot-fail:

there you have it then...it's a bit of a detour to stop for Blien first..so I'll just wait..I'm sure he'll be here...eventually, I hope :emot-fail:

Oh people!!

there you have it then...it's a bit of a detour to stop for Blien first..so I'll just wait..I'm sure he'll be here...eventually, I hope :emot-fail:

Don't worry we are just stopping by the 7/11 for some snacks. We'll be there shortly.. lol

Guest LadyC

well i think we're getting somewhere. we're starting to focus on the real root of the problem, kinda. at least we're making baby steps.

it's not guns, it's not even the fact that the constitution gives us the right to bear arms. after all, that right is for the purpose of defense, not offense, right? and we can all agree that the law is not extended to many segments of the population... criminals, mentally insane, and minors.

let me kinda chase a bunny trail for a moment and mention what one of the neighbors in this tragedy had to say. i saw this yesterday, so forgive me if i paraphrase. the man was 79 years old, and was telling the reporter that the girl's parents had objected to her boyfriend.... he went on to say "i've had these kids over to my house for dinner, they're good kids". the implication in his comments was that the girl's parents were unreasonable, that the boyfriend was an upstanding young man, and (it seemed to me he was implying) that the girl's parents had brought this on themselves.

now... we know that the family was very actively involved in church and in the community... or at least those of us who have been following this story know that. and i think we can all agree that obviously the parents saw something about that boyfriend that the old man did not see. the parents had some good common sense.

ok sorry, that was the bunny trail. i'm back on the main path now. the thing is, evil exists, and it has since the adam and eve got booted from the garden. whether or not guns can be legally bought and sold in america is totally irrelevant. CAIN killed his brother in a fit of jealous anger. he didn't have a gun.

so i'm hoping that the anti-gun folks here will concede the point that this is not a gun issue, it is a sin issue.... and from the last post or two, i think ya'll might even be willing to concede that point :emot-fail:

Oh people!!

Don't worry we are just stopping by the 7/11 for some snacks. We'll be there shortly.. lol

hey! grab me a slurpy will you? cherry and make it a large...probably won't be seeing slurpies for a while...<sigh>

ok sorry, that was the bunny trail. i'm back on the main path now. the thing is, evil exists, and it has since the adam and eve got booted from the garden. whether or not guns can be legally bought and sold in america is totally irrelevant. CAIN killed his brother in a fit of jealous anger. he didn't have a gun.

so i'm hoping that the anti-gun folks here will concede the point that this is not a gun issue, it is a sin issue.... and from the last post or two, i think ya'll might even be willing to concede that point

yep, I think I spoke that from nearly the beginning of this thread...and you got it right I am an anti-gun folk...had one too many shoved in my face to feel that they are an okay part of ANY society...still and all, everything revolves around good and evil, righeousness and sin...dress it up to look any different the results are still the same.

Guest LadyC

one more thing i'd like to add... a little touching comment made by the family's pastor at the eulogy. he reminded everyone that God still hadn't let go of the daughter, and that it is all in His hands.

the comment really struck me. a part of me wanted to object, but the other part of me wanted to break down and cry for that girl, which i think is what the pastor was trying to get at... that despite how horrible her actions were, God hasn't given up on her, and we should all be praying for her to be restored first to her heavenly Father, and then to her biological father.

I'd hate to think what her father would do after he recovers or as he is recovering. It must have shattered his heart to a 1000x pieces.. especially knowing that the guy was no good. But for his own daughter to plots his death?? Ouch! MEGA OUCH!!