IGNORED

"spiritual identification"

humanoid

Then you may agree with this passage.

2 Timothy 3:1-9

Perilous Times and Perilous Men

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

Is that which is in bold how you see some churches of today, but definitely, not all. A lot of denominations believe that the power of His Spirit ended with the Apostles. These, we are told to turn away from. Do you agree?

I agree........but it goes way beyond just that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

As we have the power of the Holy Spirit in us, to work through us, so will the false prophet and the beast will have the power of the anti-christ working in and through them. You have to remember that the anti-christ that will be coming in the last days will be more powerful then that which has been with us all along. They are not the same, even though they are from the same. The spirit of the anti-christ, that will give the power to the false prophet and the beast (who ever it will be) will be of such a greater magnitude that it will over shadow anything that is around today to a point that we will not even think of the past anti-christ.

I do understand your point OneLight. It was about '99 in which one 'cult' leader and I had a major confrontation. The result of which being I was told to follow him, or forever be accursed. The 'power' which came from this man was enough to set me back to the point in which I was completely drained for three days.

The restrainer is the Holy Spirit, not Jesus, and the Holy Spirit will remain until the time of the revelation of the son of perdition.

I have heard of the 'restrainer' being the Holy Spirit before, but I have yet to be able to accept that. When you say "remain until", does this imply the withdrawal of the Holy Spirit from earth?

I also believe that this time, it will be different then times of past. Satan is too wise and sly to repeat history, for he knows that we are watching. He will spring something a little different on us and sneak in the back door, so to say.

I do not know. If we look within just recent history, it would seem that we as a people are considered to be ignorant, short of memory and shortsighted. Some act as though we would have forgotten things that occurred in under 2 years, let alone 10, 20, 200, 2000...

Paul stated that He will leave them to strong delusions because they delight in evil.

If I may: I see that more as being applicable unto ourselves.

though I am in the process of this study and have not received a definitive answer I don't believe that this 7 yr tribulation period is anything more than an answer that man made up some time ago to give translation and support to theories such as pre-trib rapture. When I am positive of this I will share my view point along with material to support it...

I have no doubt you will share :thumbsup:

For myself, neither do I accept a 7 yr. trib. as popularly taught.

I believe the devil does in fact repeat history. He doesn't care if we're watching. All he cares about are the ones who aren't.

Those are his targets. Just because someone calls themself a christian, doesn't mean that person is watching.

I agree with you Man, history does repeat and as I have stated: I think we are considered too ignorant to see it.

What we see in the churches today will be nothing compared to what is coming.

Agreed.

Do you really believe that if people knew that they were worshiping Satan, that they would do so? OK ... some may, but the major majority would not. Everything he does is based from a lie, deceiving as many as he can. Sure, he will use some of the same old tactics, but that's all he will do. This is his next to the last stand and he is going to cause as much harm to as many as he can.

IMO: That is where the "powerful delusion" comes in.

2 Thess. 2

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

What do you think it would be that would cause someone to believe that it was actually God sitting in the temple?

Now remember what Christ said....."to decieve if possible, even the elect".

What would be so convincing that it would cause an entire planet to sit up and take notice?

Something to think about.

Alright, you have my attention. I am willing to ponder this.

for the abomination of desolation is not what you mentioned above.

I am curious as to your opinion of what the "abomination of desolation" is?

"And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold."

A place in which I am indeed in danger of... Perhaps you might be so kind as to remember me in prayer from time to time.

I have re-highlighted the parts of this the rang loudest to me:

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

What is the one thing, though, that would set Christians apart, and make them unable to buy or sell? Possibly even be unable to hold a job, since they would have no money to buy, or be unable to sell anything? :thumbsup:

That is indeed the question Jenwat. There are some possibilities...

Any particular ideas, Richard? I have my own theory, but what is yours? Pm if you don't want to post out loud. :noidea:

May I have a little time to think through my answer before giving it?