• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4437937a4560.html

An accountant who tried to sue Marks & Spencer after he slipped on a grape and injured himself lost his case on Wednesday and was ordered to pay legal costs.

Alexander Martin-Sklan, 55, sued for more than

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Sandals have soles? Ruptured quadricep? I've heard of pulled, strained or torn muscle but never "ruptured". In order for this injury to have occured he would have had to have done a split as this muscle is located in the groin. The image alone causes me pain. I can imagine that not being able to ski or play tennis as reason for depression but I cannot see how such an injury could affect his accounting business. Apparently his resulting depression affected his business. Poor baby. If his snadal somehow had a sole and the grape got lodged how then could it have caused him to slip? Wouldn't the ball or heal of the shoe need to be on the grape to cause one to slip? Sounds like someone trying to make a quick buck to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Sandals have soles? Ruptured quadricep? I've heard of pulled, strained or torn muscle but never "ruptured". In order for this injury to have occured he would have had to have done a split as this muscle is located in the groin. The image alone causes me pain. I can imagine that not being able to ski or play tennis as reason for depression but I cannot see how such an injury could affect his accounting business. Apparently his resulting depression affected his business. Poor baby. If his snadal somehow had a sole and the grape got lodged how then could it have caused him to slip? Wouldn't the ball or heal of the shoe need to be on the grape to cause one to slip? Sounds like someone trying to make a quick buck to me.

I really don't get what you're saying. Yep, I guess sandals do indeed have soles, how else would you hold them onto your feet?

Unless you're being cute and trying to confuse us and making a pun (something like soul/spirit when you say "sandals have soles"(souls)).

Good point about the quadricep though. I just assumed that he had hit his groin on a shelf or something, but the word "ruptured" did puzzle me.