• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

you are definitely out of touch with the hearts of today's urban youth LOL.... if their peers weren't attracted to it, the guys wouldn't be wearing their pants like that.

Maybe droopy pants are just a guy thing--something guys do to be cool among one another. Before my current girlfriend housebroke me, I did a lot of "guy things" that my female company would have thought repelling (e.g., belching the alphabet). I guess I just find it hard to believe that droopy pants are actually a sexual invitation. I really doubt it.

this isn't just the guy thing though... the girls wear their jeans so low on their hips that their g-strings ride much higher than their pants do.

I think that's more likely to be sexual. The female rear is sexualized by our culture whereas the male's isn't, so much.

it is not the "idea" of underwear that bothers me, it's the blatant advertisement for one...

You don't think this is protected by freedom of expression?

it's also the attitude of disrespect for authority, and even if you disagree with the rest of what i say, i hope you'll acknowledge that those who wear their pants halfway off their butts (or lower!) do, as a general rule of thumb, hate authority. they also have an attitude of disrespect towards other people in general. a scripture out of judges comes to mind as an accurate description... what is the verse that says "they did what was right in their own eyes"? it's talking about those who had rebelled against God.

Sure, but rebelling against authority isn't the same as rebelling against God. Who knows if these boys are Christian? :noidea:

but there are certain things that cross the boundaries of decency. wearing your clothes in such a manner that they are literally falling off your body is one of them. wearing skirts that don't cover the butt cheeks is another. and i can't tell you how many women i've seen wearing such skirts in public places. guys wearing speedos is another! oh my gosh, those are atrocious. people wearing thong swimsuits in public (and i've seen them on both men and women) are indecent.

I would probably feel the same way if I hadn't been to Austria, where I was utterly desensitized to nudity. Went to a huge public bath where you CAN'T wear clothes because the sauna could melt them! It was awkward at first but by the end of the week I loved it. HOWEVER, in Austria people are generally in good shape. Not so here. I'm bothered by nudity and obesity only if they are combined. Eww.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

i think there are many, many young girls who DO like the baggy jean look on guys, with the drawers showing. i dont understand it, but it seems that a lot of young women who i know do actually like it. they should have their heads examined.

i think you're way way wrong about the male rear not being sexualized in our culture. maybe you just have to be a woman to realize just how sexualized a guy's behind is.

do i think that the blatant advertisement of showing off one's drawers is protected freedom of expression? yes. do i think it should be? no. i also think it should be illegal for people to wear t-shirts that have vulgar words on them, or marijuana plants on them, etc.

people who rebel against authority ARE rebelling against God. however, not everyone who rebels against God rebels against human authority.

it's a shame you've been desensitized. however, are those public saunas right out in public view? or can people who don't want to see nudity simply not go in and view it? i mean we have nudist beaches here... but that's a whole different thing than seeing it in public on the sidewalks, in the classroom, in the grocery store, etc. i'm betting that while nudity is nearly a requirement in the public spas of austria, it's not allowable in the public square.

oh, and.... just so you know, cotton doesn't melt! ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

i think you're way way wrong about the male rear not being sexualized in our culture. maybe you just have to be a woman to realize just how sexualized a guy's behind is.

Ah. Point taken.

do i think that the blatant advertisement of showing off one's drawers is protected freedom of expression? yes. do i think it should be? no. i also think it should be illegal for people to wear t-shirts that have vulgar words on them, or marijuana plants on them, etc.

I think making rulings against "vulgar" things is a slippery slope. Also, I think a lot of "vulgar" things should be still be addressed in the public domain. To say you can't have a word or picture on a shirt is also to ban it from discussion, and I don't think that helps anyone.

people who rebel against authority ARE rebelling against God. however, not everyone who rebels against God rebels against human authority.

The Iraqis who resisted Saddam, were they rebelling against God?

it's a shame you've been desensitized. however, are those public saunas right out in public view? or can people who don't want to see nudity simply not go in and view it?

No, it was enclosed. I don't think I would have been comfortable with clothed people watching me. It's strange, but the nice thing about a public bath house is that EVERYONE is nude, so no one can judge. Everyone is vulnerable and yet everyone is respectful. Reminds me of a certain annual party at college. Every year, people hyped up the Naked Party as being the craziest party on campus, but it always turned out to be pretty tame and respectful. Even cordial. Music was blasting and everyone was bare from head to toe but they were all just talking, eye to eye. It wasn't awkward nor was it some kind of drunk orgy. Nudity actually brought out the best in people. :rolleyes: Who'da think?

oh, and.... just so you know, cotton doesn't melt! :emot-hug:

Haha. But apparently some sandals and shoddy swimsuits do. ...At least, that's what they TOLD us. ;)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

guys wearing speedos is another! oh my gosh, those are atrocious.

;) Agreed!

Fabric I can deal with. The fat guts of a hairy old men, topless on the beach, I can't deal with!

OK. From what it sounds like, healingoil, you're offended simply by the idea of underwear. Weird. I really can't relate to that, since I don't see anything offensive about underwear.

Fabric I can deal with, too. I just don't want to see it on a guy or girl who cares to air their dirty laundry.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Lorax.. I am suprised....you can run in your shorts if you want to. The whole premis of those baggy pants came from prison. Should I go to a moshing and drop ecsatasy just to get to know the urban youth. Not!!

I lived in the south Bronx so do not even go there with me. Either walk around in your skeevies or in pants that fit. Seeing underwear can be offensive but seeing somebody a_s crack is definitly offensive..

If I hire someone to work at something in my house I do not pay him/her to be half nude. There is a strip joint down the road...Thats where it belongs...if anyplace.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

No one should have to be subjected to seeing some one else's underwear - there is always the option of going some where in private and letting them give you a peek if you really feel the need to see their "fabric."

As a parent, I shouldn't have to worry about my kids seeing some kids underwear when we are in a public place.

Above all, the look itself is just plain stupid!

Fabric I can deal with. The fat guts of a hairy old men, topless on the beach, I can't deal with!

OK. From what it sounds like, healingoil, you're offended simply by the idea of underwear. Weird. I really can't relate to that, since I don't see anything offensive about underwear.

I find it interesting to see the differences in views between the old and the youth of today! I have to wonder if you ever thought that when your first child and you were walking down the street. Let's say your child was about 5 years old, and you passed a person who's pants were about to come down to his knees and expose him because he didn't even have underwear on, Would it then bother you? That's where I found myself having to explain to my grandchild recently......and that's why I was offended and embarrassed for her!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I found this article about the origin of the trend. I knew it already but didn't have anything to back it up.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Would you support your state passing this type of Law on "Droopy Pants Obsenity" or do you believe that States are going to far?