• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

i think Lorax is new to christianity.

Exrockstar, thank you for your enlightening Christian-minded post, it really helped progress this discussion in a respectful manner.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

BLACK is not a heritage its a color.

Don't play dumb. If you are black, your ancestors are from Africa. Therefore black obviously and undeniably entails a heritage. (African)

Their fixation is on their color and ours and thats whats not healthy here.

This is your opinion as a white person. (Am I correct in assuming that you are white?)

White is the majority in this country and, as such, it is often viewed as the "default" or "normal" race. Being the majority, it is easy for white people to forget that race exists at all. If you are blacks (or asian or latino), you automatically and naturally have a heightened awareness of race, being in the minority. And if you have a common ancestral plight, like blacks do, then race is especially hard to overlook. It is absolutely not racist to reflect on your race, be it black or white.

The only reason you think their "fixation" is unhealthy is because you are not black, O'Dannyboy, and you don't know what it's like to be in a racial minority with that kind of historical legacy. You think you are being high-minded by overlooking race, but actually you are just doing what comes most easily to you as a white person.

Please note that I live in Baton Rouge , Louisiana. Whites are in the minority here so please don't lecture me about white as being the default race. Knowing this, why don't you take a moment and rethink what you have said.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Please note that I live in Baton Rouge , Louisiana. Whites are in the minority here so please don't lecture me about white as being the default race. Knowing this, why don't you take a moment and rethink what you have said.

There are there are 46% whites to 50% blacks in Baton Rouge according to the census bureau. This means you fall under what is just barely a minority in your city--and you're still in the majority in the state and the country.

I lived in Hartford, where whites are 28%, for five years and I don't pretend to know what it's like to be in a racial minority that has been historically oppressed. I don't pretend I can tell minorities that their racial "fixation" is unhealthy because frankly I have no idea what it is like to inherit their legacy.

I admit my life has not been rife with racial descrimination, though I have been on the receiving end many times. The problem is that they still believe they are being oppressed despite the abundance of opportunities before them. They seem more concerned about "their people" rather than people in general. Their distinguishing themselves as black causes them to put a wall around themselves and is very isolating. If they want to be part of the community around them they must stop drawing attention to and focussing on their color and their heritage and join the rest of us here in the 21st century.

I admit my life has not been rife with racial descrimination, though I have been on the receiving end many times. The problem is that they still believe they are being oppressed despite the abundance of opportunities before them. They seem more concerned about "their people" rather than people in general. Their distinguishing themselves as black causes them to put a wall around themselves and is very isolating. If they want to be part of the community around them they must stop drawing attention to and focussing on their color and their heritage and join the rest of us here in the 21st century.

I completely agree with you here. They need to step forward. This is what Obama is saying!!!

I completely agree with you here. They need to step forward. This is what Obama is saying!!!

I disagree that this is what Obama has been saying. He may have said it in this latest speech but apparently said nothing to his church familiy about it before running for President. If it really meant enough to him, it stands to reason that in his 17+ years at TUCC he would have spoke up or got out. The policies of this church, to me, are not of a people who desire reconcilliation, but justice.

The difference here is that I don't believe he means what he is saying. Even if he did, what would be the price to mend these wounds caused by racism? His support of gay marriage and abortion are the first things that come to mind when I consider where he might try to make permanent changes. I also don't like the "comprehensive" aproaches that the democratic leadership seems bent on.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

he's saying that after he got caught.

reminds me of a friend that was married and he had sex with a couple of dozen girls while he

was in his relationship. when he got confronted with the cheating and video...he turned to his

girl and talked about how much he loved her. He's ALWAYS wanted a fresh start. He asked her to

look within herself and see if she has it in her to start anew. He made her feel guilty for not looking beyond

what he was doing but see that he was a good guy inside that believes in l-o-v-e.

It still didnt change the fact that he had sex with a couple of dozen girls.

im just saying

I disagree that this is what Obama has been saying. He may have said it in this latest speech but apparently said nothing to his church familiy about it before running for President. If it really meant enough to him, it stands to reason that in his 17+ years at TUCC he would have spoke up or got out. The policies of this church, to me, are not of a people who desire reconcilliation, but justice.

The difference here is that I don't believe he means what he is saying.

You really could not be more cynical about this man. You criticize him for not saying black people should step forward, but you admit that even if he did say it (which, of course, he did), you wouldn't believe him.

It's remarkable. He simply can't do right, in your book.

reminds me of a friend that was married and he had sex with a couple of dozen girls while he

was in his relationship. when he got confronted with the cheating and video...he turned to his

girl and talked about how much he loved her. He's ALWAYS wanted a fresh start. He asked her to

look within herself and see if she has it in her to start anew. He made her feel guilty for not looking beyond

what he was doing but see that he was a good guy inside that believes in l-o-v-e.

im just saying

From the start of his campaign, Obama has been saying that black people, white people--all people--need to come together to solve to issues that confront everybody. In no way has this message changed. So as far as I can tell, exrockstar, your anecdote is as pointless and irrelevant as your last post.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

im just saying

From the start of his campaign, Obama has been saying that black people, white people--all people--need to come together to solve to issues that confront everybody. In no way has this message changed. So as far as I can tell, exrockstar, your anecdote is as pointless and irrelevant as your last post.

so where was his "unity" when he was walking nto that church with his family?

Is that supposed to be a snappy comeback? Or is that a serious question? I can't tell.