WN: Israel readies largest exercise ever to prepare for Iran-Syria mi

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,494
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Israel plans to conduct its largest exercise ever to set contingencies for massive missile attacks by Iran and Syria.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/worldtribun...0010_04_01-asp/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Talk about trigger fingers. Both Syria and Israel are "digging in" totally expecting the other to make the first move. At this point it's all about who we perceive to be the more agressive. Israel has no need to attack Syria because they pose little real threat to Israel other than harboring and supporting Hezballah. I still believe that Syria overestimates its importance and the level of threat they pose to Israel.

It could be that Syria has or is going to give Hezballah the green flag to attack Israel and are expecting Israel to respond in kind. If this were the case Israel would be within its rights to defend itself against Hezballah AND its supporters, wherever they are. I don't think, however, that it would be a good idea fo Israel to make any pre-emptive strikes considering the unfavorable view the rest of the world has towards them. This is not to say that they should temper any response, only to say that they must avoid being painted as the ones who started such a war/conflict. I understand many will blame Israel no matter what but it would not be in Israels best interest to add to the numbers that already hold this view.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:blink: