• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I do not consider a Ku Klux Klansman a Christian, neither do I consier the extreme racist "Reverand" Wright one either.

This is the kind of attack that glory was talking about. Who are you to say the reverend isn't Christian? What do you know about his relationship with Christ?

what one says is the measure of a man.

If you judge a man by his words, then judge him by ALL his words, not 5 or 6 of the stupidest comments he made over a 30 year period. All you're doing is fixating on a handful of his worst quotes and then extrapolating them to his whole career as a preacher. This is cynical and ignorant.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

i'm judging him by his fruit, lorax. that includes his words. this isn't a random slip of the tongue. it permeates his philosophy towards life and america. if his words were not an accurate representation of his world-view, he would have demanded his website be torn down and rebuilt from scratch in a manner that is pleasing to God.

to try and pass off his raving rants as an unfortunate choice of words is what is ignorant.

i'm judging him by his fruit, lorax.

...Yes, by his very worst fruit. You're cherry-picking, and you've picked only the rotten cherries.

that includes his words. this isn't a random slip of the tongue.

How do you know? When I look back on my own life, I've said things (either in a heat of passion or in a slip of the tongue) that could have been perceived as racist. In college I was mugged by 3 black men. After they ran away I shouted the N word after them. I was full of rage and that rage exited my body in the form of a racial epithet. But I'm absolutely not a racist, I'm just human--at the time, a very angry human. My friends understood this, but I guess if I had been in your company at the time, you would have written me off as a hateful bigot who should not be forgiven.

People err.

Guest LadyC

i might write you off as a lot of things, but not likely a racist bigot. i, however, have been labeled as such here on worthyboards from time to time. go figure.

lorax, he's a preacher. this is the kind of thing he preached on a weekly basis. and if it wasn't, as i already pointed out, HE would have had his church's website rebuilt from scratch long ago.

i might write you off as a lot of things, but not likely a racist bigot. i, however, have been labeled as such here on worthyboards from time to time. go figure.

Hmm.

lorax, he's a preacher. this is the kind of thing he preached on a weekly basis.

No, he absolutely did NOT preach "this kind of thing on a weekly basis." If he did, I would not be defending him.

He very rarely made hateful comments--just a handful over his 30 years of preaching.

and if it wasn't

What do you mean, "if it wasn't?" You mean you don't know?

...If you don't know how often he made these comments, LadyC, how can you say that he preached them weekly? :whistling:

as i already pointed out, HE would have had his church's website rebuilt from scratch long ago.

Please explain what this has to do with his hateful comments. Were there hateful comments on the website?

Guest LadyC

perhaps you should go read his website. it may be more politely worded, but the message that comes across is the same. and that is EXACTLY why i have said what i've said regarding what he preaches on a weekly basis. he can have the most fabulous sermon in the world, but HIS worldview is very hate-driven, and very racist, and it is impossible for a person to not let that attitude taint what he teaches to others.

perhaps you should go read his website. it may be more politely worded, but the message that comes across is the same.

If you say a man is racist, be prepared to back it up immediately with concrete evidence. I don't know what website you're talking about. I assume you mean the TUCC website. It's a large website and I poked around and found nothing.

Show me the racist remarks. Put the text here, on Worthy, where everyone can see.

Guest LadyC

his church website. the pervasive attitude of the website is racist. black supremacy using flowery words. if you can't see that, i'm sorry. you have access to it just like the rest of us. i'm not going to spend any more time spelling it out with oversized red crayons on a big chief tablet. i've read the website. you've poked around. perhaps you just don't recognize the hatred through the rosey tinted glasses that they make a half-hearted attempt to filter it through. and when i say "half hearted" i'm being generous.

oh, and before you say it, no, i'm not trying to back down. i'm not backing down one iota. but the majority of folks here have already been to his church's website, and this has been discussed at length previously. you're one of the few here who seems to have a "different" perspective about what is said there.

Guest LadyC

one more thing that i should mention... if it was just an unfortunate choice of words that did not reflect his attitude, he would have realized this and would have not permitted it to continue being sold on CD.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

What's the web address? I haven't seen it.