Guest sanctification

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Steve, we might not all be aware of that , I wasn't. In other words, thats TOO MUCH INFORMATION. :D

Lewis is just so great at explaning things to where you can really get the picture of what he is saying. Mere Christianity is one of my favorite books but I don't recall him saying anything specifically about the yin-yang or did you just mean in general that he refuted the argument about evil being necessary?? The dualism quote from the book is just pure Lewis at his best.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Gina,

You will find many huge CS Lewis fans here. When CatsMeow gets her new keyboard she will love to join any thread about Lewis.

I believe that much of the problems of the modern Church is that we have departed from the simplicity of Mere Christianity.

Steve

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Gina,

You will find many huge CS Lewis fans here. When CatsMeow gets her new keyboard she will love to join any thread about Lewis.

I believe that much of the problems of the modern Church is that we have departed from the simplicity of Mere Christianity.

Steve

:D:D Right on Steve. Just like the church in Ephesus... much of the modern church has forsaken their FIRST LOVE. [Revelation Chapter 2]

By the way, a great book that you may be interested in reading is "The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life" by Armand M. Nicholi Jr. Awesome book if you like C.S. Lewis.

Bless you,

Wayne

Guest sanctification

Oh, the Journey, now I get why it was funny....

That's okay if no one can help me specifically with that book.

Is there anyone here who is developed enough in their apologetics who can present a case for why dualism is false?

Why the existence of evil is not necessary, as some argue, so as to give definition and boundary to the good?

The LDS have a peculiar doctrine about how Adam and Eve's sin was intended by God. Read the words of one of their prophets:

The creation of the earth was a multistep process in which the Fall of Adam and Eve and their expulsion from the Garden of Eden were the final necessary steps in bringing about the mortal condition. Without the Fall, Adam and Eve would have had no children (2 Ne. 2:23); hence, the human family would not have come into existence upon this earth under the conditions and circumstances in the garden. The prophet Lehi explained, "Adam fell that men might be" (2 Ne. 2:25), and Enoch declared, "Because that Adam fell, we are" (Moses 6:48 ).

After the Fall, Adam and Eve were taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and rejoiced in their situation. Adam blessed God, saying, "Because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God" (Moses 5:10). And Eve was glad, saying, "Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed, and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient" (Moses 5:11).

The Fall was not an accident, not an obstruction to God's plan, and not a wrong turn in the course of humanity. "The Lord

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Being in the martial arts, I painted a yin yang on the floor of my karate studio,and shortly afterwards,my wife told me that she found out that it was a pagan symbol,and I believe it might be,so in case it is, I got down on the floor and painted over it,and I got rid of the flag that was on the wall,since it had a yin yang on it. I thought that the yin yang was a martial art symbol,or oriental symbol. I was even walking around with a yin yang on my shirt,and was wearing a yin yang necklace,but not now. I never thought about checking up on it to see what it really represents, I probably will now.