• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

No our Constitutional Rights are NOT more important the life of a child, and you can say it until the cows come home and it doesn't change a thing.

The Constitution is a man made piece of paper.

I guess Jesus would say let the children suffer, but make sure the Constitution is okay.

As for this comment Justin

"Those hostile and un-called for comments are meant for 1 purpose, to stifle debate."

Wow, the pot calling the kettle black, I've read many of your other post where you disagree with someone, so is that what YOUR doing on those theads, when you call people names and make fun and mock them?

You are irate right now, relax and try to maintain a level head.

I cannot believe I have to spell out Constitutional Fundamentals to an American, but I guess I can blame Public Education for it's negligence.

The US Constitution says all men are created equal. You are saying that children are more equal than men. That is an erroneous interpretation of the concept of the Constitution.

"WE hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal. . ."

I believe it is the 5th Amendment that speaks of Equal protection under the law.

First off, the Law was violated when those kids were seized. Protection against unreasonable searches and seizures is in the 4th Amendment.

As it turns out, yes many of those children were abused, I don't disagree with that. I hope the people responsible, either physically or by association/negligence are punished for their crimes.

I don't disagree with why the State felt compelled to seize those children. I disagree with how they did it. They suspended the 4th-6th Amendments of the US Constitution. No State has that Authority, in fact, not even the Federal Government has that Authority. The State exercised moral authority, which is what you are supporting. But, I really do not want to be subjected to the moral authority of the State or Federal Government. (Morals change, as we are seeing now. Next year, perhaps the State's Moral Authority will be even more secular, and more anti-Judeo-Christian). That is why we must rely on the Constitution. It gives legal authority to the States and Federal Governments to enforce the Constitution, but binds them to it as well.

Your hostility isn't going to win me over, or intimidate me. I'll simply pick it apart and lay it out in black and white.

I do not want the Government to exercise moral authority.

I do want the Government to adhere to the US Constitution.

I will fight against the Government if it tries to usurp the Constitution.

I will be a revolutionary if it comes to that.

What the State did was Unconstitutional, if you disagree, fine, I believe you are wrong.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote scarletprayers: "Wow, the pot calling the kettle black, I've read many of your other post where you disagree with someone, so is that what YOUR doing on those theads, when you call people names and make fun and mock them?"

When you make statements like that, you need to provide proof and proper context.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

quote scarletprayers: "Wow, the pot calling the kettle black, I've read many of your other post where you disagree with someone, so is that what YOUR doing on those theads, when you call people names and make fun and mock them?"

When you make statements like that, you need to provide proof and proper context.

No I don't Justin, no more than you provided proof and proper context for your statement. And yes I have read your remarks especially about thing that has to do Israel, the armed services or America. So get over it.

No I don't Justin, no more than you provided proof and proper context for your statement. And yes I have read your remarks especially about thing that has to do Israel, the armed services or America. So get over it.

Ohhh and as for your post right before this one, you have got to be kidding, you proved my point. Insults, mocking and name calling. I trust in GOD not the Constitution.

Ohhh and as for your post right before this one, you have got to be kidding, you proved my point. Insults, mocking and name calling. I trust in GOD not the Constitution.

Where does the Bible define the age at which a person can marry? At what age does the bible say a person is no longer a child, but an adult? Where is that line? If you want to use the bible to make your case, then I am sure you will be able to find the bible verse that says when a child is old enough, or mature enough to marry and when he/she is not.

If you can't find that age limit in the bible then you must rely on State/Federal Law to define those boundaries. And if you are going to apply the law to this situation, then you must apply every aspect of the law to this situation, including the Rights in the 4th-6th Amendments.

Why can't we have a reasonable discussion?

quote scarletprayers: " And yes I have read your remarks especially about thing that has to do Israel, the armed services or America. So get over it."

Proof and Context, please.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you, which topic? I have strong feelings in support of Israel. I am a Service Member and a Patriot of America. Those are very strong values that I have, just like I have strong values about the Constitution. The Air Force requires its servicemembers to take a yearly course on the US Constitution. If the Air Force thinks it's important enough to mandate it's servicemembers to learn, then its importance should be stressed in our Public Education System and Daily Lives.

I also took the Oath of Enlistment when I enlisted and Re-enlisted. I am charged with Upholding and Defending the US Constitution. If I violate it in my service, I can go to prison. So, The US Constitution is very important to me.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

No our Constitutional Rights are NOT more important the life of a child, and you can say it until the cows come home and it doesn't change a thing.

The Constitution is a man made piece of paper.

I guess Jesus would say let the children suffer, but make sure the Constitution is okay.

As for this comment Justin

"Those hostile and un-called for comments are meant for 1 purpose, to stifle debate."

Wow, the pot calling the kettle black, I've read many of your other post where you disagree with someone, so is that what YOUR doing on those theads, when you call people names and make fun and mock them?

AMEN!

Where does the Bible define the age at which a person can marry? At what age does the bible say a person is no longer a child, but an adult? Where is that line? If you want to use the bible to make your case, then I am sure you will be able to find the bible verse that says when a child is old enough, or mature enough to marry and when he/she is not.

If you can't find that age limit in the bible then you must rely on State/Federal Law to define those boundaries. And if you are going to apply the law to this situation, then you must apply every aspect of the law to this situation, including the Rights in the 4th-6th Amendments.

Why can't we have a resonable discussion?

The above is reasonable, before that was insulting and attempting to intimidate and shut those up who disagree with you. But you are still missing the point, that I am trying to make, as I'm sure you feel I am missing the point you are trying to make. I abide by the law when it doesn't condone........incest, rape, coercion, abandonment and abuse. The laws of man.......do not override the laws of God.

Other than Judas, Jesus worse condemnation was to those that would harm or hurt a child, He said "It would be better that they had never been born" or "a mill stone tied around their neck and tossed into the ocean" I understand and appreciate that you stand for America and the Constitution, I just don't happen to agree with you that they take precedence in this matter.

I understand and appreciate that you stand for America and the Constitution, I just don't happen to agree with you that they take precedence in this matter.

Fair Enough.

It continues to amaze me that some people are more concerned about the Constitutional "rights" of child abusers than the rights of the children. :thumbsup::emot-pray:

These types of posts are why I was frustrated. I have been all over the world in my service to the US. I have seen abuse and oppression that I hope no one in the US will ever have to experience.

I am very concerned about the health and well being of children. I care so much, that I take time out from my days and mentor children. Children that do not have responsible parents to teach them important, social values and skills that are essential to a successful life.

I do take offense when people say I do not care about the Children in FLDS becaue I believe the Constitution is more important. Our country is secular, whether we are willing to admit it or not. Since Judeo-Christian values are no longer the virtues of our nation, we can no longer rely on people to do the "right" thing anymore. So, all we have left is the law. At a moment in this nation's history, when our government is telling us not to exercise Moral Judgements/Authority in the applications of our daily lives, why in the world are we leaving the Moral Judgements/Authority up to a government that has bad moral judgement on just about every decision it makes?

When the government exercises Moral Judgements on a society that doesn't have good Morals and that votes for selfish reasons, then what will the standard of justice be in a few years?

That's why it is good to have the law. The Law is a contract. If I am giving someone a loan, I will write up a contract that obligates them to pay me back, because this day and age, I cannot count on the borrower to do the right thing and pay me back.

We cannot count on our government to exercise Just Moral Authority, because our government isn't just or moral.