• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

my daughter-in-law is one of the child welfare investigators working this case.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080418/D903UFP03.html

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

I'm not sure if there is a more practical way to handle things than the way it was handled due to the vast number of children involved.

My heart is saddened every time I watch a story about this and to look at the faces of these women who are so lost in their beliefs. It very much reminds me of the whole Waco,Texas story with Koresh and the Branch Davidians and I'm so afraid that when it's all said and done that it's going to have a very similar outcome. I hope and pray that it doesn't but I don't really see any way that it won't. The longer they hold the children the more enraged the adults are going to become until there is a major incident and then it's going to get very bad very quick from there. :noidea::(

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

my daughter-in-law is one of the child welfare investigators working this case.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080418/D903UFP03.html

i sent this link to my son, he's an investigator for the texas dept. of public safety crimes against children unit, to get his

input on this article this is his reply:

That's pretty much it. But, the law states girls 18 and under must remain with their babies. If a baby went to a foster home the mother if under 18 should go to the same place. They are looking at statuatory rape since most of the girls having babies are under 18, which is why it is sexual assault.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Did they ever find "Sarah", the girl who started this, then disappeared?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

The whole situation is so bizarre. I have to admit though, the women from the compound creep me out :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The whole situation is so bizarre. I have to admit though, the women from the compound creep me out :emot-handshake:

Me too. I watched some of the interviews with these women. They all say the same things, have the same look in their eyes, and dress the same. They seem to be programmed or something. :24:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What you would expect from a cult.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Here's the thing that aggravates me. In order for Utah to become a state, the Mormons had to literally ban polygamy. They are all the same religion, with the exception of the polygamy issue.

Now here's my solution, and I've already sent the idea onto the White House. Utah is, in effect, violating their agreement with the government by allowing even the FLDS to commit polygamy (of course, I've heard of LDS families still doing it as well). This agreement could be termed a binding legal document, and in the violation of it, the terms can revert. Utah can revert to becoming a territory until the scourge of polygamy is stamped out permanently. The practitioners of the practice will fill our prisons because they are all sexual offenders and predators in the eyes of the law. It is time for Utahns to do something about this illegal and immoral practice. They are the only ones who can. After all, there were several states that, as a condition of becoming a state, had to ban the practice of slavery, and you don't hear of any slaves in any of those states. Why should Utah be any different?

I realize that there are good Mormons who post here as well, I would like to hear their input on this.

a.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Here's the thing that aggravates me. In order for Utah to become a state, the Mormons had to literally ban polygamy. They are all the same religion, with the exception of the polygamy issue.

Now here's my solution, and I've already sent the idea onto the White House. Utah is, in effect, violating their agreement with the government by allowing even the FLDS to commit polygamy (of course, I've heard of LDS families still doing it as well). This agreement could be termed a binding legal document, and in the violation of it, the terms can revert. Utah can revert to becoming a territory until the scourge of polygamy is stamped out permanently. The practitioners of the practice will fill our prisons because they are all sexual offenders and predators in the eyes of the law. It is time for Utahns to do something about this illegal and immoral practice. They are the only ones who can. After all, there were several states that, as a condition of becoming a state, had to ban the practice of slavery, and you don't hear of any slaves in any of those states. Why should Utah be any different?

I realize that there are good Mormons who post here as well, I would like to hear their input on this.

a.

It isn't just in Utah, however, or Texas. It is much more wide-spread than people realize. There is a large polygamist sect in what is known as the "Fredonia Strip" area of Northern Arizona, and I know there are others as well. This is the results that bad doctrine and cult programming bring.

Yes, but the fact remains that the practice of polygamy started in Utah, by an extreme Mormon sect. The fact that it has spread beyond the borders of Utah does nothing to change my mindset; the "State" of Utah refused to corral this problem, and now in my mind it has to pay for it by revoking its Statehood. I hate to see non-Mormons in Utah suffer for it, but they brought this on themselves.

Remember that this is a violation of federal law as well as a violation of a legal contract between the Territory of Utah, the Church of Latter-Day Saints and the Federal Government.

I will continue to campaign for this.

a.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

a.

It isn't just in Utah, however, or Texas. It is much more wide-spread than people realize. There is a large polygamist sect in what is known as the "Fredonia Strip" area of Northern Arizona, and I know there are others as well. This is the results that bad doctrine and cult programming bring.

Yes, but the fact remains that the practice of polygamy started in Utah, by an extreme Mormon sect. The fact that it has spread beyond the borders of Utah does nothing to change my mindset; the "State" of Utah refused to corral this problem, and now in my mind it has to pay for it by revoking its Statehood. I hate to see non-Mormons in Utah suffer for it, but they brought this on themselves.

Remember that this is a violation of federal law as well as a violation of a legal contract between the Territory of Utah, the Church of Latter-Day Saints and the Federal Government.

I will continue to campaign for this.

a.

I can't see cutting off all the inhabitants of Utah because of these sects. They would be without military defense, Utahoans wouldn't be able to draw Social Security, their public schools would be denied funds, etc. And the people of Utah wouldn't owe taxes to the federal government since they wouldn't be Americans. That would cost the feds a lot of money. And what about passports? :th_praying: